The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V

Old July 14th, 2003, 04:38 AM

General

Ragnarok is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you tough enough to be the "King of the Hill"?

Quote:
Originally posted by Slynky:
quote:
Originally posted by tesco samoa:
dg did you say stellar in a koth game
Hey, Tesco, by "stellar", do you mean Stellar Manipulation in a KOTH game?
Yeah, I'm sure that's what he meant. I can hardly believe it myself. Not many people will go for that technology in such a game. But if you have the time and it won't hurt anything why not?

Oh, nice wrap up BTW. I enjoyed seeing your reports.
They were armed. With guns, said Omari.
Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?
The dreaded derelict dwelling two ton devil bunny!
Every ship can be a minesweeper... Once
Old July 14th, 2003, 04:46 AM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok:

"Yeah, I'm sure that's what he meant. I can hardly believe it myself. Not many people will go for that technology in such a game. But if you have the time and it won't hurt anything why not?"

Yeah, I guess it's a bit unusual. At game's end, I had about 175k research. BUT, certainly not the first game with that. Mark the Merciful and I BOTH had it in the game he beat me in )

"Oh, nice wrap up BTW. I enjoyed seeing your reports."

Thanks. I read everyone's reports with interest and sometimes, I wish I had a map to look at, so I thought if anyone was interested any games I played it, they might like a map (for reference), too. So...what the heck, right ?
Old July 14th, 2003, 05:23 AM

Captain

Baron Grazic is on a distinguished road

I was going to post a map to wrap up Ragnarok and my Last game, but I just could find out how to upload the file...

Grazic's EEEvil EEEmpire vs Grandpakim's Confederation 2401.8

3 turns ago an EEEvil colony ship warped into the central Hwansul system only to find a colony already there.
We sent a friendly message demanding them to get out of our system and the Grandpakim's Confederation insulted us by calling us UGLY...
The EEEvil EEEmpire may be insane, but we know an insult when we hear one, and the only reply we know is to crank out the War Ships...
Old July 14th, 2003, 05:28 AM

General

Ragnarok is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Baron Grazic:
I was going to post a map to wrap up Ragnarok and my Last game, but I just could find out how to upload the file...
For future games that you wish to do this. Go to this link.
Once there you will be in a reply screen, on the left hand side of the screen will be a link that says "Upload File Forum" click on that and it will open a small pop up with your browse button and the upload button. Find the file on your computer and upload it. It will then give you a link to use. Copy the link and post it in any message you want on the forums. Hope that helps.
They were armed. With guns, said Omari.
Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?
The dreaded derelict dwelling two ton devil bunny!
Every ship can be a minesweeper... Once
Old July 14th, 2003, 05:42 AM

Captain

Baron Grazic is on a distinguished road

Thanks Rags.
Old July 14th, 2003, 05:45 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

DavidG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At game's end, I STILL don't know why he didn't have more tech than he did. I don't think his planet/system opportunities were bad (he certainly didn't have as many "useless" systems as I had on the south side).
Check out my empire file. You will note the wee mistake I made. I forgot to increase my Intellignece and decrease my Repair. Going for intel was probably a mistake too. All that research and all those facility slots.

Here is another porblem I had. Check out how easy it is for you to move ships from 1 to 2. Now look what a pain it was for me to move between the 2 systems north of them. Made it hard to defend both systems or to have an attack fleet come out of either one.

[ July 14, 2003, 16:51: Message edited by: DavidG ]
Old July 14th, 2003, 06:08 PM

Major

primitive is on a distinguished road

Mark the (Un)mercifull is ready for a shot at the King. Primitive surrenders at turn 64.

I never got started in this game. Production was never enough to get any sort of usefull fleets together.
Only the threath of the rusty (yet pointy) spear kept Mark from crushing me much eariler

Asmala:
It's vacation time. Can't start any new games before mid August. I'll send you a note when i am ready again
Old July 14th, 2003, 07:02 PM

Sergeant

Gozra is on a distinguished road

The Beer Chuggers Group (Ragnarok) vs. The Chin Empire (GozGuy)
We would like to post a correction
The Chin represent the Non-alcholic malt beverage Users and the Lollipop guild. Hopefully you Beer chuggers won't lick us.
The fact that slaughter is a horrifying spectacle must make us take war more seriously, but does not provide an excuse for gradually blunting our swords in the name of humanity. Sooner or later, someone will come along with a sharper sword and hack off our arms
Clausewitz
Old July 14th, 2003, 10:52 PM

Captain

Asmala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by primitive:
Asmala:
It's vacation time. Can't start any new games before mid August. I'll send you a note when i am ready again
OK. KOTH page updated.

There is now a very interesting match, Rollo vs Mark. Neither of them have lost a game
Old July 14th, 2003, 11:05 PM

General

Slynky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidG:
quote:
At game's end, I STILL don't know why he didn't have more tech than he did. I don't think his planet/system opportunities were bad (he certainly didn't have as many "useless" systems as I had on the south side).
Check out my empire file. You will note the wee mistake I made. I forgot to increase my Intellignece and decrease my Repair. Going for intel was probably a mistake too. All that research and all those facility slots.

Here is another porblem I had. Check out how easy it is for you to move ships from 1 to 2. Now look what a pain it was for me to move between the 2 systems north of them. Made it hard to defend both systems or to have an attack fleet come out of either one.

Yeah, I thought 300,000 points for intel research was a bit much especially considering the food contamination successes (which hurt a few turns every time you killed of all the pop on a planet but I had 4 frigates stationed with pop on board that could get places fairly easily). You might have been better off putting those 300,000 toward Ice (or Gas) tech and those intel facs to research and resources.

And, yes, I DID notice the difficulty you had defending points 1 and 2 (the reason why I decided it was a strategic point for me to control early in the game). I could move back and forth between #1 and #2 defensive points and you couldn't. Another possible mistake (always so easy to see in hindsight ) was continuing on after you wiped all the planets at point #2. Might have been better to put a defense at the bottom hole in that system and consolidate. Then you would have had better access to point 1. But who really knows how that would have turned out, right?