.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 14th, 2011, 05:46 AM

Corporal

Galou is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scourge of Nations

Goulabelle is very annoyed, the last 3 months the besiegers of her magnificent tower has changed 3 to 4 times! How could you setting up a warm greeting in these conditions!

Well, going back to my knitting.
Old April 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM

Private

Danakh is on a distinguished road

Party at your tower are just the best ones !
Old April 14th, 2011, 08:11 AM

Sergeant

Corinthian is on a distinguished road

But what would life be like if no one cared about you? Seriously, we are just addicted by your presence. And you know we will always be back.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:17 AM

Private

Galou, you really should wait for us to come and not going out without knowing who is there

Anyway, Mitgard is working hard to give the victory to Agartha ... but i can't blame them for trying to take back their capitol. I just wonder where go all the tartarians that come to break siege for Mitgard and then vanish ...
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM

Corporal

Well, I am effectively happy not to be a virgin since Bob will soon pierce my defences.

I give myself to lead an anti-agarthian alliance.

PS: It is fabulous to see Midgard in good way to retake its capitol and to see the bloodbaths at my bedroom's door.

Goulabelle of Caelum.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM

Sergeant

And so falls the mighty Castaru in the midst of battle. His head shall become a fine artifact I think! What was your name again? Carcator? Well now you are going to conquer Mictlan for me!

Anyway, you held out much longer than I thought you would. Honor be to you. I would probably have gone AI long ago in your position. Or tried to break siege. Good job Awund. You were a thorn in my side for a long good while.
Old April 25th, 2011, 03:22 AM

Private

Mitgard have successfully taken back his capitol !

I guess it is over for me. Does anyone think he can stop Agartha or can we declare Corinthian as the winner ? (he will soon get Mitclan, Caelum and Mitgard points i guess)
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

Hoplosternum is on a distinguished road

Not me Abyssia is fairly close to taking my Capital but I can make it costly for him. And Abyssia won't be strong enough to stop Agartha - who is only 2 from his capital anyway - as are you Mictlan! But neither of you have put Abyssia under any pressure to save me

I really like the victory conditions of this game. And had Vanheim not managed to retake his capital I think Mictlan may well have won even if his capital was eventually taken by Agartha. Abyssia's capital was very close to Mictlan. So even with Agartha overrunning Mictlan's Empire he had a chance of seizing it and winning as I don't think there would have been enough capitals left, especially if Abyssia took mine. But with Vanheim taking back his capital that will make an extra capital available (and reduce Mictlan by one).

If no one can stop Agartha though I am all for stopping now. While I have enjoyed the game, my game was over dozens of turns ago. And my last turns are likely to take a long time. I have many mages and communions/sabbaths to script for my capital defense. It ceased being fun a long time ago - I am only playing because I don't want to quit and scew the game. But my attacker can't win the game either and neither Agartha or Mictlan have chosen to try and seize my (or Abyssia's) Capitals so it all seems like a pointless waste of time if we are all just waiting for an inevitable Agartha win.

Due to the victory conditions a big crusade vs Agartha won't work (and that's good - too many games feature a mass gank of the leader by a bunch of cautious turtlers and this game has shown that needn't be the way).

So I say congratulations to Agartha. And lets call this one a win for Corinthian
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:13 AM

Sergeant

I have been scouting Abysia quite a bit and his power is quite formidable. They have massive flying demon armies and bloodhunters in almost every province. But yea, because of the game rules punishing turtling, it is highly improbable that he will be able to win. The only way for him to win would be to somehow transport armies to the other side of the map to take Caelum/Midgards capitols.

In fact I think he realize this himself. You notice that he is not trying to siege your capitol? He is just building forts. Why is that? Its because of Mictlan. If Mictlan takes either Midgard or Caelum, and Abyssia takes Utgård then Mictlan has won. There would not be enough victory points left for anyone to get more of them than Mictlan.

As for mictlan, I thought his tactics strange for a while. Why did he not pursue blood more throughly? But then I realized his plan was to take Midgard/Caelum before anyone could think to stop him and that he was sacrificing future power to win in the present. This plan failed, but only barely. Caelum sure got a nice show. And what ever is up with Mictlan stealing my shoes. Who'd steal a dead mans favorite shoes anyway.

We could ignore the victory conditions and I could have a showdown with Aby. I have certainly been planning and building for such a war. But the Late Game is the least fun part of dominions imho. And it is doubly boring if you dont have any chance of winning. I would understand if no one else wanted to sit around and watch from the sidelines.

Weather this game is over is up to you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corinthian For This Useful Post:
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:01 PM

Corporal

Unless Abyssia concede the game, there are no in-game reasons to stop it (at least this turn: Agartha and Aby coud get the VP for Caelum, Midgard, Utgard and Mictlan's capitols).

...even if I would like to launch a new game.