.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:38 PM

Private

GoodKnight is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Furious Noobs -EA- (Newbie Game, 10/10, Running)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyburn7 View Post
Not sure what was a sadder butchery...the Red Wedding on a Game of Thrones or the army battling itself on the fields of Tir Na
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CLCOvZOh1o
Old June 3rd, 2013, 02:54 PM

Sergeant

revenant2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfungi View Post
Cal or Maer have probably run across this before, I would ask Maer first though, I think cal has a lot on his plate right now.

ghoul31 may be right he has been around a long time, but I also know ghoul31 likes a good argument. I am not sure if he is practicing his semantics or if he is trying to help.
I'm not exactly sure what the agreement was with BC, but the "trades are binding" pertain to clear-cut item trades like "I'll give you 20 gems for item X". This rule is in effect due to the imitations in how turns are processed. Without it, nobody would trade items with each other because it would be real easy to take advantage of someone.

The deal with GK and BC appears to be outside that scope and shouldn't be regulated in my view. This isn't to say BK doesn't have a grievance, but Dominions 3 is a Machiavellian game and you need to watch your back. I would have asked for the gems back and then declared war afterward

Just remember who you deal with so the next time you play, you know who not to trust.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:20 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumelunki View Post
Awesome TimeLegend and congratulations!

You beat me fair and square with superior tactics. I have to admit it did not cross my mind that one spell could be that devastating for my army. Well it shows how much there is to learn in this game.

For others, I guess - the not that mighty anymore - Kailasa will continue the fight, but maybe from a little more defensive position now.

Arcane Domination and magic beings do not mix very well.
There are several nasty battlefield spells out there that can cause a lot of devastation if you're not careful. If you're susceptible to a tactic, you need to keep your eyes open for when your opponent will use it and then counter it. For something like AD, that would probably be Will of Fates to bump up the MR of your troops, or if you're desperate cast AD after your opponent to try to seize back your troops. You can also just not use low MR troops until you have a counter -- or try to soften him up first with remote attack/assassination spells.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:01 PM

Corporal

Trumelunki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant2 View Post

There are several nasty battlefield spells out there that can cause a lot of devastation if you're not careful. If you're susceptible to a tactic, you need to keep your eyes open for when your opponent will use it and then counter it. For something like AD, that would probably be Will of Fates to bump up the MR of your troops, or if you're desperate cast AD after your opponent to try to seize back your troops. You can also just not use low MR troops until you have a counter -- or try to soften him up first with remote attack/assassination spells.
Let's face it. I had checked alteration (I knew Tir had researched that one to high level) but simple had completely missed that spell. Never used it - never had seen anybody use it. I was pretty confident against any 'normal' Tir na n'Og tricks. This game is quite amazing with all these tricks and counter-tricks.

Last edited by Trumelunki; June 3rd, 2013 at 04:09 PM..
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:08 PM

Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumelunki View Post
Awesome TimeLegend and congratulations!

You beat me fair and square with superior tactics. I have to admit it did not cross my mind that one spell could be that devastating for my army. Well it shows how much there is to learn in this game.

For others, I guess - the not that mighty anymore - Kailasa will continue the fight, but maybe from a little more defensive position now.

Arcane Domination and magic beings do not mix very well.
Correction: I meant Antimagic and not Will of Fates (http://dom3.servegame.com/wiki/Antimagic), although luck might help as well (never really tested luck with this type of spell, so I'm not 100%).
Old June 3rd, 2013, 05:06 PM

Private

Well I talked to Maer I have no problem showing his ruling but his words are a bit harsh. He is a nice guy he was just having a rainy day as he put it..

So I have the IRC transcript saved..
It's up to you guys if I show it or not.. And until you ok it I will not share the ruling..

Edit:
I'm gonna wait on giving his ruling want to make sure it's ok by him for me to use the transcript..
Old June 3rd, 2013, 07:08 PM

Private

OK after a long discussion on the IRC it ended like this..
1 1 1..

meaning 1 binding 1 not binding 1 obstaning.. dom3 in a nutshell.

Maer kind of exploded so I'll ask him tomorrow when he is more relaxed.
He gave a ruling (In my favor (I think(like 99%))) But I want to give him some more time to think on it. and a clearer answer.