.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old January 1st, 2009, 01:02 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Reign of the Vampiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeal View Post
lets get back to the vampires and if this needs to be continued do it in Gandalfs thread.

I'm trying to find an excuse for vampires in space..
"Let's get back to this thread and talk about my own Dom3k mod some more", yeah, got it.
Emergency comic relief
Old January 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM

Private

einenarre is on a distinguished road

I get the error "name2spell: no such spell!" when I try to start a game with this mod active.
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:50 AM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road

All of the spells in the mod were tested and tested again. Are you sure thats the only mod you are starting with?

I'll test the spells again of course in case a mistake was made while updating.
Old April 11th, 2009, 08:46 AM

First Lieutenant

PsiSoldier is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post

The immortals in llamabeast's tomb kings aren't bad either. They're sacred medium infantry, possibly heavy infantry equivalent for the age, but it takes a lot of work, gold and gems to make very many of them and just building them is not a winning strategy. I should know because llamabeast is proving it to me right now in the warhammerama game
Yeah I have tried llamabeasts tomb kings and I thought it was pretty cool and I really didnt find the immortality to be that overpowering. I didnt play a full game with it though, just enough to get a feel for it.
Old April 11th, 2009, 09:09 AM

First Lieutenant

PsiSoldier is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
The idea for the mod was to make more "realistic" vampires. Only the most powerful vampires in literature and movies are actually immortal. I removed immortality and replaced it with very high def and regen.
By "fixing the descriptions" I meant that I removed mentioning of immortality, which I forgot to do before.
I could go for that, but I think your mod should have at least one recruitable immortal vampire, just tweak the cost for him or maybe lower some of his stats. In the end people would likely switch to blood hunting and summoning immortals anyways assuming you haven't altered the standards summon spells, but it would be nice to be able to recruit some immortals in the beginning, just consider them to be your "most powerful vampires in literature and movies". And they could also be capital only too which would help with balance some too.

Also I guess I need to take another look at this mod again anyways because I dont think I ever tried any of your national spells which I need to give a shot. Plus from what I read in one of the replies to my earlier post it was appearantly not really the mods fault that my capital was attacked by a vampire count on the 3rd turn. Although I must say the only time I have ever been attacked by a vampire count was in this Mod and the only other time I have seen one attack someone was when one attacked LA Ulm in Procyon and Ulm also has a bit of a thing for vampires Maybe thats just coincidence though,I dunno.
Old April 11th, 2009, 09:17 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

I had ~100 immortals at the end of the game when I lost, llama kept spamming rain of stones at them and they just weren't quite durable enough to take the hammering even with a strong astral/water bless. So he drove me back to my capitol and they were finally destroyed. Losing that many mage turns to summon them really does limit their overall effectiveness. Llama was just so far ahead of me magically speaking I had no good counters in the end.
Old April 11th, 2009, 09:36 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Yeah, they scared me sufficiently that I avoided fair fights with you while crushing your dominion. So I guess they were pretty effective (in fair fights I would have been in real trouble) but not uncounterable, which I think is good.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old April 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road

PsiSoldier all heroes are immortal.