.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Closed Thread

Old February 13th, 2007, 11:23 PM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Mod List

They are not balanced.
Old February 13th, 2007, 11:51 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

This looks like a sincere effort to maintain a mod list.
Are you also going to create a categories for non-nation mods?
Such as
Balance mod
Random mod
Play All Nations in one game mod

Since its a good effort Im willing to sticky it. Id have preferred a thread to track everything in this forum. Mods, Maps, Tools.. in order to avoid a screenful of stickies. But I cant really ask someone to tackle that.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old February 14th, 2007, 08:33 PM

Sergeant

Psientist is on a distinguished road

Sombre, I'm happy you took this idea up. Good start! Perhaps the authors of the various mods can help you by posting here in a format you request, so you only have to "compile" instead of hunting around!

For example,
Quote:
Type of Mod: Nation, Balance, Random, Pretenders, Spells, Items/Armor, Other
Name:
Hyperlink to mod post:
Version:
Final:
Author:
Desc:
Doms3 Version:
Balanced for vanilla:
However, things like version numbers might keep you busy just updating. If you just link to the mod's post, the author can post their own version numbers as they update.

I'll act on my words with the following:
Quote:
Type of Mod: Pretenders
Name: Mytheology
Hyperlink to mod post: http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Version: 1.4
Final: No (ongoing)
Author: Psientist
Desc: Sixteen new Pretenders including five brand new deities and eleven Pretenders formally available only as Summons. There are a few Super Combatants and some very powerful magic-users. The new Pretenders include: Desire (New - Middle Man), Fallen Angel (Pythium Middle), Grim Reaper (New: Ermor, All Ages), Heliophagus (Abysia Late), King of Banefires (Yomi Early), King of Deeper Earth (Argatha Early), Lord of the Plague Wind (Machaka Middle), Morpheus (New - Arcocephale Late), Pantokrator (New - All), Queen of the Sea (Oceania Early), Queen of Thunder (Caelum Early), Shah of Djinn and Ifreet (custom graphic - Marignon Middle), Tarrasque (New - Maverni Early), Teratos Rex (New - C'Tis Early), Treelord (custom graphic - Pangea Early), Vastness (Ryleh Middle)
Doms3 Version: 3.0
Balanced for vanilla: (not sure)

Also, can we request the forum mods to make this post a "sticky" so it doesn't drift down where it's hard to find?
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:31 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

I had already said that I would.
But you have to say that and then let it sit for abit. Otherwise everyone wonders where the post went.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old February 15th, 2007, 05:17 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Yes, I'll add in various misc mods as well as nation mods. I probably won't add every small balance or fix mod, but the larger ones will be in there eventually.

It's not terribly hard for me to keep it up to date with version changes, although it would help if people could point out any errors in the list or remind me to update something.

Two notes

- I'm including 'works with 3.06' rather than 'requires minimum dom3 vers of..' because I have to assume that most people are using 3.06, especially people who are using mods. I understand that 3.06 won't work for people who got their copy a 'certain' way, but there's not much that can be done about that. Most mods will work ok on 3.00 anyway - It's what I was using until recently - but some might not work with 3.06 or whatever the latest version is at any given moment.

- Balanced for vanilla doesn't mean that anyone is /certain/ that's it's balanced, just that it was made with balance in mind or made to be used with vanilla settings. So if you make a new nation and you use your own pricing scheme or do not refer to the prices etc of vanilla dominions nations then that's a 'no', but if you /try/ to balance it to vanilla that's a 'yes', although obviously balance is always a work in progress (even for Illwinter).
Old February 15th, 2007, 03:06 PM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road

"Theran Empire, Reign of the Vampiri" link sends you to the "Blood Elves" mod.
Old February 15th, 2007, 04:51 PM

Sergeant

Update:

Name: Mytheology
Hyperlink: http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Type: Pretenders
Version: 1.5
Final: No (ongoing)
Author: Psientist
Desc: Seventeen new Pretenders including six brand new deities and eleven Pretenders formally available only as Summons. There are a few Super Combatants and some very powerful magic-users. The new Pretenders include: Desire (New - Middle Man), Fallen Angel (Pythium Middle), Grim Reaper (New: Ermor, All Ages), Heliophagus (Abysia Late), King of Banefires (Yomi Early), King of Deeper Earth (Argatha Early), Lord of the Plague Wind (Machaka Middle), Monkey King (New - Kailasa Early, Bandar Log Middle, Patala Late), Morpheus (New - Arcocephale Late), Pantokrator (New - All), Queen of the Sea (Oceania Early), Queen of Thunder (Caelum Early), Shah of Djinn and Ifreet (custom graphic - Marignon Middle), Tarrasque (New - Maverni Early), Teratos Rex (New - C'Tis Early), Treelord (custom graphic - Pangea Early), Vastness (Ryleh Middle)
3.06 Compatible: Yes
Balanced for vanilla: Yes
Old February 17th, 2007, 12:36 PM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Here are links to my few miscellanous mods. I'm posting them here for ease of use more than to have them categorized, but wouldn't mind if they eventually got added to a list of some kind.

Name: Anansi, God Spider
Version: 1.00
Final: Yes
Author: Endoperez
Desc: This mod adds a shapechanging pretender for Machaka. It's relatively balanced, but can probably be abused due to its non-generic combination of abilities (stealthy monster-pretender with pathcost 30).
3.06 Compatible: yes
Balanced for vanilla: yes

Name: Castle Wyvern, incomplete
Version: 0.50
Desc: This is an incomplete mod that will eventually add one random magic site to the list of randomly appearing Dom3 magic sites. However, due to modding restrictions, currently it only gives MA Agartha access to units that don't fit it. The final version won't give MA Agartha any new units unless my plans change a lot.
Balanced for vanilla: not as of 0.5

Name: Charge!, a magic item mod
Version: 1.00
Desc: This simple mod changes all one-handed, magical spears so that they deal extra damage (AP dependent) on first hit, just like light lances.
Balanced for vanilla: yes
Old February 18th, 2007, 02:04 PM

Sergeant

Some Dominions 2 maps (not mine, but I've tested). Apologies to all authors whose mods' descriptions were not done justice, or who have active threads I've missed:

Type of Mod: Map
Name: FAERUN - THE FORGOTTEN REALMS (324 province "small" version)
Hyperlink to download: http://www.strife.com/dominions-2/do...n_small_v2.rar
Version: Dominions 2 Tested on Dominions 3
Author: Edi
Description: 324 provinces (41 sea, 283 land). In the midst of the Godswar, new powers from outside the known planes of existence have invaded the Forgotten Realms and overthrown the old pantheon and its overgod, Ao. With the newcomer Gods falling into disagreement over the division of their conquest, a great upheaval has come upon Faerun. Out of the ashes of the old order they have gathered armies of followers, each determined to vanquish their erstwhile allies and claim sole Dominion over Faerun.

Name: The Harsh Land of Io
Hyperlink to download: http://www.strife.com/dominions-2/downloads/io.rar
Author: texAnimator
Description: 133 provinces. Three hundred years after the great cataclysm of the 'Burning Times,' life once again starts to flourish in the realm of Io. The water is tainted, turned to lava and blood. The forests are gone, and much of the land is scorched waste. Food grows in rare fields of Flesh Trees.

Name: Land of Shahrivar
Hyperlink to download: http://www.strife.com/dominions-2/do.../shahrivar.rar
Author: Sachka
Description: Shahrivar is a persian month that ends summer and opens autumn. Its name means Tempting Territory... The nations fight to control the ancient sites revealed by the sacred map, and above all, the legendary Sunken Island of Naerun Sea. (180 provinces, no sea-players. You need 16 VP to win (total VP : 31).

Name: Drea
Hyperlink to download: http://www.strife.com/dominions-2/do.../drea-v4.3.rar
Version: 4.3 / Dominions 2 Tested on Dominions 3
Author: Chazar
Description: 49 provinces, of which are 12 water, 8+1 cities, 12 forests, 3 mountains, 3 wastelands, and 2 swamps. 2-8 players, independent strength 5, victory points (11).

Name: The Hyborian Age
Hyperlink to mod post: http://www.shrapnelcommunity.com/thr...ev=#Post474728
Version: 1.0 (Dominions 3)
Author: Original by Chrysagon - Dominions map by Frank Trollman
Description: 114 Provinces. Conquer the world in the Hyborian age. Are you as powerful a god as Crom?

Name: The Land of Loemendor
Hyperlink to download: http://www.strife.com/dominions-2/do.../Loemendor.rar
Author: Kalle Ojala (Kaljamaha) with feedback from Esko Halttunen (Edi).
Description: 157 provinces, of which 142 land and 15 underwater. Recommended settings: 5-8 players, max. 1 underwater nation, 1 starting province, 7+ independents, 40- sites.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:32 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

I added an extra bit to the list at the start which will make note of mod combinations that work. Hopefully we'll be able to get a few of these sorted out so people can enjoy fairly heavily modded games without worrying that they are all running over each other and causing problems.

I'll add the extra stuff in this thread to the list at a later date. My connection is acting a bit screwy right now.
Closed Thread