Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old October 20th, 2005, 08:50 PM

Private

JDRDragoon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Danish oob

Quote:
cbo said:
I've been doing a lot of research in Danish Army archives over the years, primarily the motor vehicles of the early NATO period (1950-1960). Let me know if there are some items on which you need additional info.

The US halftracks are an interesting lot, btw. The first batch of 16 arrived in 1946 and were used as tractors for the 17-pdr anti-tank guns found exclusively with the Infantry Pioneers (Fodfolkspionererne, later 9. regiment) in southern Jutland. These were all from the M5 and M9 series, but hardly two were alike, some being A1s, other former anti-aircraft artillery mounts etc.
Anway, they were withdrawn in the early 1950ies and were then re-issued to the Jutland Dragoons in 1955 and used in the light squadron of the armoured battalion. In 1958 a number of M3 halftracks were delivered and used in the light squadrons of both GHR and JDR. Several of these were M16 anti-aircraft vehicles rebuilt as APCs. The M5s were rebuilt as mortar carriers and maintenance vehicles for the mechanics. It would appear that some M3s were also rebuilt as mortar carriers, but AFAIK we never had any M21 proper, all mortar carriers were built in Denmark on the available chassis.
I had a feeling this was so, based on the material I have seen so far, but itīs very nice to get it verified. The mortar carriers all carried the M/57 mortar on the M/57 Armoured mounting (Panseraffutage M/57) mount afaik, though some of the earlier types might have had the M/48 mortar (not that there is much difference between the two, provided that they both use the same charge system).

Quote:
Do you know anything about the status of the Leopard 1A5 btw? It has been said that they were all to be scrapped, but the latest defense agreements speaks of a reduction from 230 to 50. Wonder what their intentions are with the last 50?

Claus B
Most of them are to be scrapped. 50 or so are to be kept in mothball, to replace the Leo 2A5 in mission areas where the the latter is either too large or the support for it not available. The Leo 1A5 is used still by those armoured squadrons that havenīt transferred to the Leo 2A5 yet, and will be scrapped or mothballed thereafter. In my version of the Danish OOB, I have set en end availability date of 2010, but depending on how things work out in "reality", this is of course subject to revision.
Old October 27th, 2005, 10:32 AM

Private

Another little point that MIGHT actually be possible to include for the V2.5 make-over.

Unit 68 (M113A2 Mk1 DK) is still represented in the game by the icon used for the autralian M113 w. Scorpion turret (Icon 381). It just so happens that a fellow named Joe Rieger has made an alternative (and more "correct") icon for this vehicle, avilable for download on the old SPMBT Yahoo Group page (and reproduced here for your convenience. NOTE: This is not my own work!).

If you can get his permission to use the Icon (or indeed his other upgraded M113 version icons) I should think it a worthy addition to the WINSPMBT game. If not, I will just have to live with the M113A2 Mk1 DK being represented in the game as a clunky, stub nosed vehicle with an off-set turret ;-)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 389865-M-92 Wildcat.zip (4.6 KB, 152 views)
Old October 28th, 2005, 06:36 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The M-92 is only vaguely similar to a M113A2 Mk1 DK. This will be corrected in the 2.5 patch with my own icon

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 29th, 2005, 04:47 PM

Private

Quote:
DRG said:
The M-92 is only vaguely similar to a M113A2 Mk1 DK. This will be corrected in the 2.5 patch with my own icon

Don
But they are the same vehicle.

The M113A2 Mk1 DK is SPMBTs designation for what is, in effect, a modified M113A2 with a 25MM turreted autocannon with a thermal sight. It is not, and never was the official designation, for any vehicle in the danish army whatsoever. The official designation is PNMK M/92 DK (PNMK= PaNsretMaskinKanon/Armoured Machine Cannon). The M/92 signifies the year of initial introduction, and the "DK" indicates a "locally modified" vehicle. The designation "M113A2 Mk1 DK" is nothing more than an obfuscation of the issue, but as long as you are aware of the fact that the vehicle represented in the game (in the Danish OOB) by the designation "M113A2 Mk1 DK", and the PNMK M/92 DK, is one and the same, I am happy.
Old October 29th, 2005, 07:17 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK, you are correct

I had a look at

http://www.danskpanser.dk/Panser/m113a2.htm

which brings me to a M113 A2 DK. The photos I saw didn't seem to match the Icon

As well, icon 381 is NOT used by the "autralian M113 w" in fact it was only in use in one OOB and that was the Danish so the icon info was wrong and the Icon provided didn't appear to look anything like the photo's I looked at so I built my own and it will be included with the 2.5 supp

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 29th, 2005, 08:19 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Ahhhh I see the problem here !

There appear to be two distict models of this vehicle. One with a M113 type rear with side protectors and one with an entirely different rear. The first photo I saw of this was with the sloped rear deck

Or am I seeing two different vehicles called the same thing?

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 390282-PNMK_92.jpg (107.4 KB, 248 views)

Old November 8th, 2005, 02:30 PM

Private

Quote:
DRG said:
OK, you are correct

I had a look at

http://www.danskpanser.dk/Panser/m113a2.htm

which brings me to a M113 A2 DK. The photos I saw didn't seem to match the Icon

As well, icon 381 is NOT used by the "autralian M113 w" in fact it was only in use in one OOB and that was the Danish so the icon info was wrong and the Icon provided didn't appear to look anything like the photo's I looked at so I built my own and it will be included with the 2.5 supp

Don
Okay. But Icon 381 was used for the australian 76mm M113 variant some time in the past.

Thanks for adressing the issue.
Old November 8th, 2005, 02:36 PM

Private

Quote:
DRG said:
Ahhhh I see the problem here !

There appear to be two distict models of this vehicle. One with a M113 type rear with side protectors and one with an entirely different rear. The first photo I saw of this was with the sloped rear deck

Or am I seeing two different vehicles called the same thing?

Don
No, you are seeing two variants of the same vehicle.

The standard PNMK M/92 is an M113A2 (with outboard, rearmounted fuel tanks), but a varaint (not included in SPMBT yet) also exists, being the PNMK M/92 modified with an add-on armour package from URDAN on the hull (like unit 75 "M113 HA") and extra ceramic plates on the turret. Look here for specifics.

http://www.armyvehicles.dk/m113a2.htm
Old April 8th, 2012, 12:00 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

Error in new Danish OOB
unit # 440 MRAP 6x6 has weapon slot 56 attached to it. There is nothing in this slot. Weapon #55 is a 12.7 AAMG so I assume that this is the correct one.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbreedon For This Useful Post: