.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old April 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM

Corporal

ComTrav is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Promised Land

You are correct, I don't get a bonus from your positive scales, but since you don't have negative scales, I don't get a penalty. (And, when I get around to spreading my dominion, I won't have to work hard to change scales).
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

kasnavada is on a distinguished road
Default Promised land ?

"Shinuyama should not go on with that harmless banter. You had in hands one of the main powers in the world, and couldn't beat any of us in a much too long war.

I must add that I didn't get more than 200 gold / month worth reinforcements for 20 month now (maybe even more), and still for those months you failed to beat me. You turned (unlike your predecessor) your attention to me, and let bandar log take your territory, and build an army so strong that he doesn't need me anymore to beat you.

Bleed me out ? Let me laugh. I'd already dead, left behind in research, left behind in magic, left behind in income, and only through sheer skills and willpower did I manage to survive for so long. There was nothing to bleed in the swamp that make my land to begin with. I accepted the fact that I'm going to be crushed as soon as this war is over about 20 turns ago, as I started it ! I even know the name of my future killers, for there is but 3 neighbours left to me now.

You, however, should do the same and start accepting the reality of your situation. I will remind you that you had half of your loss against my army, the other half against bandar log (which had at the start of this war the smallest military of all nations). You, my opponent, have been fighting a losing war for ages and after all that time, you still somehow fail to see it.

This may be a bit too much information to say, but, my dear opponent, I have to tell you this. You have been fighting against me, neither of us has an advantage on the battleground, and the weapons given to us where :
- 3 times more gold and gem income for you,
- my beloved maenads.

I look forward to even more wailing on your part. Go on ranting about my bleeding ! For I am a master of blood magic and not afraid of a few drinks ! Especially when my opponent doesn't realize that the blood he sees is his own. I'm just sad that I'll be thirsty soon..."
Lady lover, God of Pangaea.
* Darwi Odrade
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM

Corporal

Default Re: Promised land ?

i can't believe you can anything out of those maenads, even in SP they just die for me...if I ever play ma Pan in mp, I'm so rocking order/prod for those centaurs, satyr hoplites and heavily armored minotaurs. (I like the minotaurs for some reason). All with recuperation...nothing makes me more sad than to look at some of my veteran troops, some with me since the beginning, with 4 XP, but blind, crippled, and diseased. Even Erkeborn, the Prophet of Makita, the God of Ulm, will unfortunately succumb to disease soon, after a series of legendary campaigns, including crushing the feared Vans and the enormous battles of the Solian.

(Also, has anyone noticed Shinuyama's research has STOPPED the past two turns? Did a Lab burn down, has he decided he's "done" with research, or has every bakemono sorcerer needed for the campaign?)
Old April 23rd, 2008, 12:46 PM

Sergeant

Ylvali is on a distinguished road

I use meneads all the time. They die, yes. They die INSTEAD of your other troops, mages, thugs etc. In when MP your opponents rain evocations over you it is often cruical to have disposable chaff to lure the damage away from your other troops. Also meneads don´t rout easily so they are great combined with panic and fear spells in early to mid game. In late game when you combine them with army of gold, mass regeneration and stuff they are actually awesome armies to overwhelm your foes. Dont underestimate them.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

kasnavada is on a distinguished road

My use of them is exactly as Ylvali said.

I'd rather build 10 centaurs and have 20 maenads die than building 15 centaurs and losing 5 centaurs every fight.
* Darwi Odrade
Old April 23rd, 2008, 05:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

cupido2 is on a distinguished road

My bakemonos take more joy in torturing you to death than simply crush you. That's the way of the Bakemonos...
Old April 27th, 2008, 08:48 AM

Private

Holy_bricklayer is on a distinguished road

Well, it's over for me, thanks for playing everyone, i learned a lot on that game.

Specially about diplomacy, i just can't believe that ulm was so honest.
How could he be the first one and fair ? ^^

I should attack you in the first round i think, but more the game advance, the more you were a strong and honest ally. Maybe i should wait more to attack again marignon, so both of you have been weaker.
But anyway i didn't plan a real good strategy, too short, i never play so far even against the computer ^^

Again thanks everyone see ya in other lands
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:53 AM

Corporal

Farewell, Holy bricklayer, and good luck in future games.

I admit, I was worried you would attack me when we first ran into each other. Mammoths are not fun for MA Ulm, and there's definitely some posters on this forum that insist MA Ulm MUST take a size 6 SC pretender. But you still had Vanheim waiting to bless rush SOMEONE, and an aggressive Marignon on your border.
Old April 28th, 2008, 11:05 AM

Sergeant

Ylvali is on a distinguished road

So far from the deeps of Atlantis, both in distance and culture. The caelinan people were all but unknown to the deep kings. Still the news of their demise cause tears amongst the sensitive atlantians. Forever lost the chance to befriend such a wild and free species.

The humans are like grasshoppers. Ever****ing rabbits, multiplying and crushing the old races beneath them. It is a bitter irony that we and the agarthans shall serve their cause by fighting each other.
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:58 PM

Corporal

Default Request for a brief pause

I have played my current turn, but would like a delay on the next turn until at least Sunday, as I will be out of town.