.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old October 13th, 2017, 01:29 PM

Sergeant

Weasel is on a distinguished road
Default Korea 1950 scenarios and maps

Hell's Highway and Chanjin (Chosin) plus 6 maps, two of which are terrain heights only which can be populated at player's whim.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Nk scenarios and maps.zip (666.9 KB, 252 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Weasel For This Useful Post:
Old October 14th, 2017, 09:26 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Korea 1950 scenarios and maps

Great text, background, and well sourced. I was thrown for a loop by "Hell's Highway" in North Korea rather than at Operation Market Garden.

Thanks for the post.

Old October 16th, 2017, 02:20 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.

Weasel, I want to reach out to you regarding the depiction of rice paddies. The rice paddies appear as black areas on the map. Is this consistent with your maps? Please see my attachment.

On another issue, unrelated, secondary really is the title of the scenario. The scen text has "Hell's Highway," yet the scen title is "Heartbreak Highway July 1950."

Okay, I have a suggestion, offered not as criticism, insert scouts as leading elements of the column.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rice_Paddies.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	14963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scenario_Title.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	14964  
Old October 16th, 2017, 05:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Korea 1950 scenarios and maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post
Weasel, I want to reach out to you regarding the depiction of rice paddies. The rice paddies appear as black areas on the map. Is this consistent with your maps? Please see my attachment.

They are OK in my copy of the game. The only way you get voids like that is if you are missing SHP files.....so it looks like YOU are missing SHP files......

TER42 - Rice Paddy

TER43 - Rice Paddy, Hills

you should see these in your graphics folder

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paddies.png
Views:	454
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	14966  

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; October 17th, 2017 at 01:24 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old October 17th, 2017, 12:50 AM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahadi View Post

They are OK in my copy of the game. The only way you get voids like that is if you are missing SHP files.....so YOU are missing SHP files......

TER42 - Rice Paddy

TER43 - Rice Paddy, Hills

you should see these in your graphics folder
Yes, I see the SHP files in the Graphics. However, I still see voids. So, I installed the scenario on my desktop and viola, the map is as I would expect, not one single void.

So, on my Dell Mini-10, in windowed mode at GDI, I get voids on this scenario. While on my desktop with windowed and GDI I get a clean map. Ordinarily, I run the desktop at windowed directx. Not sure if any of this makes a "hill of beans" difference.

Old October 17th, 2017, 01:13 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Mini 10 seems to be a netbook, not a PC as such?. Likely it falls short in graphics processor, and/or sheer RAM compared to even a basic desktop. The processor is also likely to be a cut-down model too.

The difference between GDI mode and DirectX mode used to be noticeable back in 2005 and before. Not so much with modern processors, graphics chips and the amounts of RAM that modern PCS come with. You may want to try changing between the modes, but most likely its a limit in RAM I'd suspect.

I vaguely recall having an Asus netbook back then, and as far as I recall it could not hack the game. But it was only for note-taking and logging into the university's network to read class schedules etc which it did kinda-sorta OK. It could not hack even basic coursework programming - so I got an IBM laptop very quickly and gave the netbook to someone friend or family who only needed something basic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post:
Old October 17th, 2017, 08:32 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

Well that's a new one for me ! Odd it would be rice paddies that didn't run

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 17th, 2017, 10:18 PM

Sergeant

Weasel is on a distinguished road

Sorry for delay, I have been busy recording and editing music lately. Heartbreak is the 3rd one I was working on, got my titles messed up, sorry about that. Scenario 361 should be Hell's Highway.

**correct scenario title for slot 361 attached, Hell's Highway**
Attached Files
File Type: zip HH.zip (100.4 KB, 194 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weasel For This Useful Post:
Old October 18th, 2017, 05:36 PM

Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
Mini 10 seems to be a netbook, not a PC as such?. Likely it falls short in graphics processor, and/or sheer RAM compared to even a basic desktop. The processor is also likely to be a cut-down model too.

The difference between GDI mode and DirectX mode used to be noticeable back in 2005 and before. Not so much with modern processors, graphics chips and the amounts of RAM that modern PCS come with. You may want to try changing between the modes, but most likely its a limit in RAM I'd suspect.

I vaguely recall having an Asus netbook back then, and as far as I recall it could not hack the game. But it was only for note-taking and logging into the university's network to read class schedules etc which it did kinda-sorta OK. It could not hack even basic coursework programming - so I got an IBM laptop very quickly and gave the netbook to someone friend or family who only needed something basic.
Yeah the Dell Mini-10 is not a robust laptop, however, the weight, reduced size, made it an excellent note taker, and made my job at the time with extensive work in Excel and Access convenient between home and the office.

About the game, I can run the game, mobhack,scenhack, and chrome browser simultaneously without a hitch. Only this scenario threw me for a loop.

Not a big deal.

Hey Weasel thanks for kindly looking into the title issue.

Old October 21st, 2017, 11:13 PM

Corporal

Warwick is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post

I have have used Asus netbooks 901 and 900HA to run the games for many years without a hitch.