Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 4th, 2018, 02:06 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

Good.

I didn't decide to translate that graphic until sometime after I submitted that first patch. The references I had at the time were "all over the map" but not as bad as I found the Turkish OOB which I'm sure of "was inherited" when Andy and you took over. If I would've known about SIPRI and that Graphic (And translated it.) except for the ALTAY and LEOPARD 2T we more than likely wouldn't have had to go through this exercise.

I have to be honest, and say that the SIPRI Data when used with that Graphic as I posted here somewhere already, were right on. Yes SIPRI doesn't tell when they entered service but, by them giving you the #'s, dates ordered and delivered, what was delivered, how was it modified/or not and country designation of it in this case the M-60T Modified to the SABRE III, and me allowing for the opeval/training time needed I would've felt confident of FOC+. The Graphic would've just sealed the deal. It was this realization a little over a year ago that first put the spark back in me to think about doing this work again. That it didn't have to take so many refs to finally fix that OOB and make it right. With the other RL issues that were going on at the time and the Turkish and SANDF Armor issues weighing on me, well instead of it being my AUSTERLITZ they made it my WATERLOO. So much time wasted to some degree but not a total wash because you have to start somewhere.

Problem was in the timing of that submission, the format as I posted earlier this week (Even I after all these years looking at it again thought "I know it was my first time but, God it was like trying to follow the bouncing ball ALL OVER THE PLACE!?!). And again not having those resources at the time.
A simple translated graphic, who would've known!

That issue was hopefully fixed in the last submission the format was straight forward and I think everyone could figure out where I was going. You can have all the right references in the world but if it can't be presented correctly, you bought more work for yourself.

Don if anymore loose ends come up, just turn on the "BAT LIGHT"!! You know where the "switch" is at.

Amazing what a good nights rest will do, and I needed it. Those "Reindeer Games" what a joy!?!

Regards,
Pat

EDIT: I almost forgot, can you guess whose APC graphic I came across this week while looking into the M-60 tanks????

And HELL NO I'M NOT POSTING IT ETHIER!! IT CAN WAIT!!

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 4th, 2018 at 02:18 PM..
Old February 4th, 2018, 04:28 PM

Lieutenant General

The "Bat Light" came on. The Turkish APC modernization program graphic. The dates in the upper left denotes the timeframe involved when those APC's were updated and put into service. Again as in the MBT Graphic, this is from their "DOD" equivalent component.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Turkish APC Development.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	15177

Someone's across the street. I call it "under cover posting"!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 6th, 2018, 12:49 AM

Lieutenant General

This is probably more back up as anything as this point...

1. Turkey:
1. You had an issue with the LEOPARD-1T thinking it close to the CANDF C2 I think you were going to back off that. Recheck my hardcopy files of my Patch Submissions and the net to verify those notes were still viable. It seems they are so, the only upgrade it received was for the 3rd GEN ASELAN VOLKAN FCS.

The LEOPARD-1T was the operational test bed for the system which is meant for the ALTAY. You can think of the system as...
Level 1 - Test Bed units.
Level 2 - The 170 LEOPARD-1T upgrade completed NOV 2009.
Level 3 - ALTAY w/TI/GSR 50(?) which I'm also finding that the LEOPARD 2A4 tanks have it as well.

If you think about and remember these were bought solely for the LEOPARD-2T (Similar to the German LEO-NG.) project. This makes perfectly good sense to me, as it's a major upgrade the LEOPARD-2T will have and still feel have in limited numbers like the one German Battalion of the LEOPARD-2A7 that's fully operational. This is actually new info to me based on tonight's work concerning the LEOPARD-2A4.

VOLKAN FCS is a fully stabilized dual axis modern all-weather FCS. It can fire on the move with a high first hit probability, I should think a very easy 40 TI/GSR, LRF w/Battlefield Management System (BSM) integration, which in game terms I'll assume would be limited to the radio.

With the above LEOPARD-1T/LEOPARD-1A3T1/ALL M-60A1/A3/T/M-48A5TI/M-48A5T2 will be operational through 2025. This is due to the delays caused by the ALTAY which at this point is 3-4 years behind schedule and counting. The only one I'm not sure of is the M-48T5 that entered service in 1982 on whether it's still active.

Again only backup.

Now for some news and it ain't good...

Well Russia is at it again and I've said before, the ARMATA is going to late now maybe even later. You don't spend money on recapitalization of "older" equipment if your latest and greatest is say within 2 - 3 years or less of FOC+. BUT Russia HAS...

2. Russia The T-90M which is a slightly improved version of the Export T-90MS. The T-90M should be in the field by this Summer, my feeling is closer to OCT 2018 if no issues arise at the last minute. Here's what I have...
https://www.armyrecognition.com/febr...sian_army.html
https://www.armyrecognition.com/russ...ata_sheet.html

3. Iraq: I don't know if this is an add or not-Strike That! Now an ADD, they just received their first T-90S tanks on 1 FEB. If we use the USA model for tank school I had posted about a year back, figure somewhere around 8 months until FOC+, so around OCT 2018. Should cover enough tanks to field a unit/op eval and training. Was thinking JAN 2019 however, they do have an extensive history in the use of Russian tanks. Let's call the "benefit of the doubt" which will more then likely bite me in the tail.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/febr...s_to_iraq.html

Ukraine: The other masters of upgrading existing tanks is also at it again. JANE's reporting they have now the T-72MP this should be a very competitive tank against the latest Russian counterpart versions. Apparently this tank has taken many of the elements they were going to put into the T-72/120 NATO version. Points not to miss in the article...

1. Who helped them with it.

2. Added 4 tons to the weight of the tank mostly in armor protection. That's about the weight I believe was added to make the Russian
T-72B3/B4.

3. JANE's estimate of the frontal turret armor equivalent.

I would expect this tank to at FOC+ by years end, however, we need more information on this tank before we take any action I feel.
http://www.janes.com/article/76473/k...w-t-72-upgrade

I wish the Russian would SLOW DOWN, I had already posted a couple of times about this situation arising. Those slots we got rid of (T-80 mods(?) I think it was) last year are going to fill right up.

Had a very busy but productive day, I think I'll see if I can find that "Hunting Hitler" episode I forgot to ask CINCLANTHOME to record for me.

Good Whatever wherever you are!!

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; February 6th, 2018 at 02:40 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post:
Old February 6th, 2018, 08:45 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
This is probably more back up as anything as this point...

1. Turkey:
1. You had an issue with the LEOPARD-1T thinking it close to the CANDF C2 I think you were going to back off that. Recheck my hardcopy files of my Patch Submissions and the net to verify those notes were still viable. It seems they are so, the only upgrade it received was for the 3rd GEN ASELAN VOLKAN FCS.

The LEOPARD-1T was the operational test bed for the system which is meant for the ALTAY. You can think of the system as...
Level 1 - Test Bed units.
Level 2 - The 170 LEOPARD-1T upgrade completed NOV 2009.
Level 3 - ALTAY w/TI/GSR 50(?) which I'm also finding that the LEOPARD 2A4 tanks have it as well.

If you think about and remember these were bought solely for the LEOPARD-2T (Similar to the German LEO-NG.) project. This makes perfectly good sense to me, as it's a major upgrade the LEOPARD-2T will have and still feel have in limited numbers like the one German Battalion of the LEOPARD-2A7 that's fully operational. This is actually new info to me based on tonight's work concerning the LEOPARD-2A4.

VOLKAN FCS is a fully stabilized dual axis modern all-weather FCS. It can fire on the move with a high first hit probability, I should think a very easy 40 TI/GSR, LRF w/Battlefield Management System (BSM) integration, which in game terms I'll assume would be limited to the radio.

With the above LEOPARD-1T/LEOPARD-1A3T1/ALL M-60A1/A3/T/M-48A5TI/M-48A5T2 will be operational through 2025. This is due to the delays caused by the ALTAY which at this point is 3-4 years behind schedule and counting. The only one I'm not sure of is the M-48T5 that entered service in 1982 on whether it's still active.
This is giving me a headache........

The only thing I can find on the M-48T5 is that it's an ARV .......

and another one that looks like a M88...which is more likely what it actually is

and that the most "advanced" M48 in Turkish Service is the M48A5T2. The "M-48T5" that's in the game now I "inherited" when I took over sole OOB maintenance duties so as far as I can tell that shouldn't even be there

SLOWLY this is being adjusted into what I hope is it's final ..and correct....configuation

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 6th, 2018, 09:34 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

That T-72MP is......

Quote:
developed and marketed as an upgrade package for the T-72M
just let me know if anyone actually buys the thing.....

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old February 6th, 2018, 09:46 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Pat..... a job for you or anyone else....Is the Greek M48A5 MOLF still in service...... if I find the info on my own I'll post a "nevermind"

Old February 6th, 2018, 09:52 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Many things Turkish

http://theafteractionreview.boards.n...t-units?page=4

and yes a M48T5 Tamay ARV is an M88

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 6th, 2018, 10:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Pat..... a job for you or anyone else....Is the Greek M48A5 MOLF still in service...... if I find the info on my own I'll post a "nevermind"
Yes it is. It is still in service in the islands' garrisons as a QRF.

Btw, regarding Turkish armor, before the Syrian intervention the composition of armor used to be in general like this:

1st Army mechanized infantry formations=Leo-1 variants
1st Army armored formations=Leo-2 variants
Rest of Land forces armored formations=M60T and some M60A3
Rest=M60A3, M48 variants

With some exceptions of course.

Now things have been more muddled, since Leo-2s have been deployed in Syria as well, but the general trend is like this more or less.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeraaa For This Useful Post:
Old February 6th, 2018, 10:25 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Always nice to find a good photo for "inspiration"

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image14.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	15178  

Old February 6th, 2018, 10:43 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeraaa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Yes it is. It is still in service in the islands' garrisons as a QRF.
Thanks....... I was just about to post a 'nevermind' when I logged on and found your message