.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > The Honorably Discharged > Coliseum

Old December 20th, 2004, 04:47 PM

Corporal

JeffGeorge is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie Questions

I recently purchased Coliseum and I have to say that it's a great buy and a lot of fun. However, I hope someone is still monitoring this board as I have some questions about the mechanics that will help me make better decisions.

1) Does Injury % affect a fighter's arena performance?

2) Is healing rate affected by training a fighter or sending him on a quest?

3) Does fatigue have an effect on a fighter's arena performance?

4) Can training your fighters on the Last day of a season have an effect?

5) I used an enchantment that subtracted one from my opponent's damage. The number displayed under my fighter was, correctly, one less than that stated in the combat message screen. When I used an enchantment that increased my damage to an opponent by one, the combat message screen number and the amount displayed under the opponent were the same. Is it already adding the +1 damage in the text display?

6) What does the "random" effect in spell descriptions mean? For example, if it says random +100 gold per day does that mean there is a random chance of getting 100 gold each day the spell is in effect?

7) Are there any plans for further updates / enhancements / sequels?

8) The help text implies that the league frowns upon spell use. Is there ever a time that there are negative repercussions from this?

9) Are you allowed only one fighter to be in the finals, even if two or more of yours have the better scores? Does the ranking screen include exactly one fighter from each team, regardless if another team has a second fighter with a higher score?

Any boring number crunching information of how the game works is welcome, especially combat!

(Oh, I'm also using the 1.6 patch and the first time I ever had one of my fighters killed in the arena the game hung during the news phase, as I saw others posted for 1.5.)

Jeff
Old January 10th, 2005, 12:24 PM

Sergeant

reimero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie Questions

1. Yes. I believe it effectively reduces his stats by that percentage.
2. Yes. Fighters heal more quickly with rest. I'm not sure if they can heal at all while training or on a quest.
3. Yes. Fatigued fighters lose effectiveness, deal less damage and take more damage.
4. I believe so, particularly if they're hanging around to the following season.
5. I believe it is, but don't quote me on it.
6. I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but I don't know if it's unlimited or is guaranteed to happen a certain number of times, but you don't know when.
8. I've seen accusations of cheating, but that's the extent of it. It may affect your popularity, though.
9. I'm pretty sure you only get the one.
Old January 11th, 2005, 01:30 PM

Sergeant

StormcloudCreations is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Newbie Questions

Thanks for the answers, reimero (just for the record, I had answered these questions when they were posted on my own site forum, just so people don't think I ignored the original poster). All of your answers were basically correct, as well. A few clarifications:

5) Yes it is, just a screen display thing.

6) Yes, it means totally random, with the chance rolled for each turn.

8) I had meant for this, but did not fully implement it the way I wanted to originally. I also figured the penalty of potentially "poisoning" your warrior with magic over time balanced it enough, and adding this as well would have almost made it not worth using magic at all.

9) Yes you get the 1 warrior with the best record in the top 4 in the league (it checks highest kills in the event of a tie within your team, and then just chooses one randomly in the event of a tie in kills as a tiebreaker).