.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old January 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Private

Sprice2513 is on a distinguished road
Default Mod request

Hi everyone. Love all you mods and hard work, thanks. I was wondering (if this has not already been done)if someone could make a Mod to mix up the Arena Death Match a bit. My buddy and I wish the reward for winning could be one of the artifact items and be random? Neither of us really use super combatants so the current reward does not help us much. Anyway we thought that may spice up the death matches a little and make the investment more rewarding in the end.

Thanks,

Sam
Old January 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mod request

Can't be done, the best you could do is boost the trident's stats.
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:25 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Just form your own rule - whoever wins the deathmatch is owed X gold and X gems by everyone else, to be paid within the next 3 turns.
Old January 7th, 2008, 02:34 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Actually, making the champion's trident better is not a bad idea. If it was really uber, people would be keen to win it. Ideally it would be helpful for one's entire nation, not just for the winner. Anyone have any thoughts on what could be done? I've not tried item modding.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old January 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

At the moment, we can't add any new abilities to items. If we could, what spell(s) should the trident cast on its wielder? It already grants Quickness.
Old January 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I suppose we could give it AOE damage of some kind or something. Make it a really viciously effective weapon.

It would be super-awesome if it could be made like a double clam of pearls or something. 2 pearls/turn would certainly add to the motivation.

If we were able to make weapons cast spells on the users... I don't know. Maybe luck, or ethereal? It needs to be able to justify using two hand slots.

Probably the best change would be to make it not cursed!
Old January 7th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Perhaps we should think about what is lost by wielding the Trident. For weapon, you'd get one of: AoE damage, luck, lifedrain, boost to Nature/Death/elements (staves -> 2h), boost to Blood (athame -> 1h). For shield, you'd get one or more of: fire shield, protection from arrows, protection from melee damage, luck, boost to all paths (crystal shield). Both also have various abilities that weaken the enemy.

Whatever we add should be worth at least as much as one or two of these, and not limited to melee. So damage shields and AoE, while nice, aren't quite what we want. The old quickness that allowed double spellcasting would be nice, but it can't be done. Generating gems or adding some other power not normally available from hand slots would be nice. Perhaps rejuvenation or multiple resistances, or just basic reinvigoration.

Also, we could mod in weapon effects like AoE and lifedrain and extra damage against magic/undead/whatever, or armorpiercing/negating. They probably wouldn't show up when you view the magic item, only when you view the weapon listed in the unit's description, because that's the one we can mod (using weapon modding commands instead of item modding).
Old January 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM

Resistances, reinvig and lifedrain would make it a potent weapon. It'd be hard to think of a time you wouldn't want a weapon like that - or at least it would often be very useful. Maybe even AOE as well. Sounds a bit crazy but it's reasonable for it to be a bit overpowered. After all, the greatest champions of every nation are meant to fight for it, and want to win!

So how about adding:
- 50% to all resistances
- Reinvig (5 or something)
- Lifedrain
- AOE cold or something (it is a trident after all, they're kind of watery)

What do you think?
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:22 AM

There's a reason I put "OR" between all the powers. AoE and lifedrain? I'm not sure if it would even work, but it sounds too good.

What about Curse Luck on hit? Curse Luck basically negates Luck, and makes afflictions somewhat more likely. That'd be very good melee power on Arena fights - negating Luck is very, very good, AND we can mod it in straight away. That'd make Trident unique. Of course, winning the trident in melee would be very painful then, unless it provided rejuvenation. That'd be a good power as well, because it can't be gotten from any other item (except, arguably, the Chalice). That'd make it good melee weapon, and resistances and/or reinvigoration would make it good for mages as well.
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:58 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

I think it should be turned into an SC killing uberweapon with AN, very high att bonus, several attacks per round and some horrible instant death or instant ruination secondary effect. All fully possible with our current mod commands.

That way it would always be desirable to get hold of it.