Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Mods
Notices

Old December 14th, 2015, 09:00 PM

First Lieutenant

blazejos is on a distinguished road
Disk Gilders set from WWII

I finished my Gilders icons sets all which I were used are included. Set has their own separate OOb for test including lbm's and of course shp with icons of gilders. My main source of data and drawings was: Tadeusz Królikiewicz. Szybowce transportowe. polish book which try
cover whole subject and for photos + additional data this Russian site http://www.airwar.ru/gliders.html
Additionally to gilders there are included icons of transport aircraft’s build based on gilders with engines and Potez XXV icons corrected to their real size.

some samples of airframes included in shp

Attached Images
File Type: bmp CG-15A usa.bmp (23.3 KB, 1285 views)
File Type: bmp DFS230 winter.bmp (35.0 KB, 1253 views)
File Type: bmp Me321 desert.bmp (35.0 KB, 1464 views)
File Type: bmp SAM-23.bmp (35.0 KB, 1289 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip SPWW2.zip (556.6 KB, 559 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to blazejos For This Useful Post:
Old December 15th, 2015, 06:39 PM

Captain

Pibwl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gilders set from WWII

I see you're quite gifted

I'll quote myself from Italian OOB:

Quote:
G.50 and MC.200 are crying for own icons, if anybody cared, who can create icons...
Camouflaged Fiat CR.32 also would be nice, as well as in the Spanish OOB - from what I see, they were camouflaged as a rule.
Old December 15th, 2015, 08:20 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

................ they are done and waiting to be put into the files
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old December 16th, 2015, 07:57 AM

First Lieutenant

So if this Italian aircraft's icons are already repainted is not necessary to double effort and done them again thanks for info.
Old December 16th, 2015, 01:38 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazejos View Post
So if this Italian aircraft's icons are already repainted is not necessary to double effort and done them again thanks for info.
Which is what this Icon set does for the most part.........duplicates past efforts.

The important gliders are already represented in the game so are just duplicated here and I have no intention of adding prototypes to the game. Aircraft like the Ka-430 are listed as "serial production" when in fact only a dozen were built and they were never used operationally so when I see things like that it requires that I question all the other classed the same way as well which adds to my workload which is already at the limit

As much as I appreciate the amount of work involved to produce this there is very little I may ......and I stress MAY.... actually use

However one thing that has resulted from this is there will be R&D OOB in SPWW2 with the next patch

Last edited by DRG; December 16th, 2015 at 01:52 PM..
Old December 16th, 2015, 07:39 PM

First Lieutenant

Beer Re: Gilders set from WWII

In description.txt I put also numbers of produced gilders usually was available in my book in tables. Of course small series like in case of Ka-430 or Japan Ku-7 were so small because war end. Prototypes in my assumption were 1 to 2 bigger numbers I marked as a serial product. But game is about experimenting so even if that is unhistorical my motivation was how that will looks like to unload Pz-IV from Gigant somewhere on airfields around London in fictional Sea Lion scenario for example. This game is like WW2 minecraft sandbox . So even if you will not put this to official OOB will be great to have icons in game only in shp and do ourself test with landing Ju322 Mammut with use game editor. This research OOB I imagine will be like scratch-box full of prototypes small quantity series vehicles and what-if designs which haven't space in national OOB's or should not be there just for scenario creators fun. so for example Ju 322 Mammut will fit there perfectly. I tried to build definite list of all military gilders which ever existed probably because their story is closed now there will be no more new such aircraft’s. But I understand that 70% of types was produced in so small number that they should never go to country official OOB. You are also limited by your time and space in OOB's slots so use that what will fit without much trouble. I really appropriate that great work from your side especially with constant modification of game data for next release through so many years.
Old December 16th, 2015, 11:41 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The spare R&D OOB will not be "connected" to the game in any way. It's just a placeholder for rough work like what you did with the CHICOM OOB
Old December 18th, 2015, 07:32 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

The CG-15A is VERY interesting to me, as the US was going to produce 1,185 of them from July 1945 to December 1946 under the last officially adopted aircraft plan.

Other glider production from July 1945 to December 1946 was going to be:

3,264 x CG-4A
415 x CG-10A
60 x PG-2A (powered glider capable of veeery slowly taking off again)

One of the big problems for OOB makers in Steel Panthers (and other games) is that in 1945, the US had no less than THREE official munitions programs going/getting cancelled; each with plausible chances of occurring.

JANUARY to MAY 1945 - Plan 1: Pre V-E Day. The US is still planning to build several thousand B-24N single tail liberators at Willow Run, along with over a thousand B-32 Dominators; plus about 200+ P-82 Twin Mustangs.

Elements within the War Department were pushing for a fairly extensive heavy tank program; such as making 40% of all 90mm Pershing production be armed with the high velocity Super Pershing gun.

MAY-EARLY AUGUST 1945 Plan 2: As Germany is about to surrender, a lot of stuff is cancelled -- the B-24N is cancelled and Willow Run is chosen to close; while the B-32 is cut down to about 200 planes; and the P-82 Twin Mustang is reduced to a technology demonstrator.

LATE AUGUST 1945 - DEC 1945 Plan 3: With Japan's Surrender, the JX series of plans for post-war aircraft production is put into place; a LOT of stuff is cancelled; and aircraft manufacturers are given small contracts to keep them alive.
Old March 18th, 2021, 09:53 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

Promotional bump to the top; five years later, because this is a great set for modders or alt-history people; because if you just cut and paste an engine from another aircraft icon, presto; you have a ready built transport aircraft that doesn't look like either a Ju-52 or DC-3.

I can offer my own attempt at a CG-10 Trojan Horse:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp CG-10 Trojan Horse.bmp (23.3 KB, 243 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post: