Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Mods
Notices

Old December 1st, 2007, 12:36 AM

Sergeant

oragus is on a distinguished road
Arrow Pz. V Panther Icons v1.7

Here is the next set of German icons. The Panther! This set covers all the versions Ausf A - F and the Panther II. The Ausf F & Panther II have yet to be camoed up, but will be coming very soon. Also, I am going to be camoing up many other not so known variants. So make sure you check back for new releases.

!!!Go to the fourth page and scroll down for the latest update of this set!!!!

Last edited by oragus; August 19th, 2017 at 12:38 PM..
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:50 PM

Captain

RecruitMonty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pz V Panther Icons v1.0

Very good, very good indeed. I will integrate these babies asap.
Old December 1st, 2007, 02:04 PM

Sergeant

Glad you like them Monty. . I had some set backs with getting them done completely. So I thought I would release what I have done since you have been waiting so patiently. The others will be done soon and released so keep an eye open.

Enjoy
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:10 PM

Captain

Hi again Oragus. I hit upon the novel idea of assigning the Skandinavian Provinces their own camo pattern. To be precise a camo pattern using the ,,3-44 Wiking" pattern. If you don't mind a little extra added to your burden then Panther Fs and IIs in that scheme would be great. A UHU will be no problem for me to produce so don't worry about other variants.
Old December 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM

Sergeant

Now you know why I was asking you on PM about schemes....lol..No worries. I'll hook you up.

What version of the Uhu are you wanting? There are two. Solution A, the one on the Ausf G, and Solution B, the ones on the Ausf D & A? Also, are you wanting any of that equipment on the Ausf F and/or the II? Let me know and I can hook you up on those as well, that way you don't have the exact same pattern on different variants. The patterns change a bit here and there.

Whatca think about the Bergepanther and Jadgpanthers?
Old December 1st, 2007, 06:13 PM

Corporal

Pierre is on a distinguished road

Great work as usual!
The raised fan's cover of the late panthers, the different exhaust types; your attention to details is amazing.

These are really beautiful Kitty’s oragus.
Old December 1st, 2007, 10:34 PM

Sergeant

Well thank you Pierre.

I try! Its all about the details, that is what makes each vehicle different. Gotta have the details for those that don't know better will eventually know better. Education by icons...lol....That is one of my philosophies.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:14 PM

Captain

Don't worry about the UHU, I already sorted one out. I believe it was a panther A UHU in the Wiking 3-44 pattern.

However if you could put the UHU equipment on the Panther F and II that would be great. Don't worry about a chamo scheme for the Panther F, I already did some chopping and changing and have come up with quite an attractive scheme based on your "Pz Vg Uhu Panther (skirts)(Pz.Rgt.24 12-44)" scheme. I still need winter schemes though.

For the Panther II I will need a winter, desert and camo scheme. You can pick the scheme you think will suite I am not too fussed. In addition as mentioned previously Wiking 3-44 camo shemes for the F (Uhu) and II (Uhu) would be appreciated.

The Jagdpanthers and the Bergepanters are fantastic. I have found space for the Bergepanthers already but I will need to tool around a little in my other SHP files to find a home for the Jagdpanthers. I will replace the French Jagdpanther with one of the camoflagued variants and will replace a few of my out of date icons with the others.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 02:30 PM

Sergeant

Don't worry about the UHU, I already sorted one out. I believe it was a panther A UHU in the Wiking 3-44 pattern.

Ok.

However if you could put the UHU equipment on the Panther F and II that would be great. Don't worry about a chamo scheme for the Panther F, I already did some chopping and changing and have come up with quite an attractive scheme based on your "Pz Vg Uhu Panther (skirts)(Pz.Rgt.24 12-44)" scheme. I still need winter schemes though.

That shouldn't be a problem. I was thinking of putting the Uhu equipment on them any ways. I will be doing a couple schemes for the F and the II for the rest of the community and for myself, just haven't gotten to them yet. Should be tomorrow though. How about you show what ya came up with? Desert and winter schemes are a given.

For the Panther II I will need a winter, desert and camo scheme. You can pick the scheme you think will suite I am not too fussed. In addition as mentioned previously Wiking 3-44 camo shemes for the F (Uhu) and II (Uhu) would be appreciated.

Yep gotcha covered.

The Jagdpanthers and the Bergepanters are fantastic. I have found space for the Bergepanthers already but I will need to tool around a little in my other SHP files to find a home for the Jagdpanthers. I will replace the French Jagdpanther with one of the camoflagued variants and will replace a few of my out of date icons with the others.

Glad you like them! I was thinking of putting the 2.0cm FlaK 38 on its mount on the Bergepanther but ended up not doing it, I still might though as an option. Do you have any reference pictures of the French Panther or Jadgpanther? I searched around for some and couldn't find any?
Old December 2nd, 2007, 03:10 PM

Captain

The French one?

Well from what I read the 503rd Combat Tank Regiment (501e-503e Régiment de Chars de Combat, 501e-503e RCC) was equipped with some after the war. A shortage of spare parts led to them being dropped in the 50s. Apparently, according to the folks at ,,Achtung Panzer" the French continued to produce a modified 75mm KwK 42 L/70 gun as the 75mm DEFA and CN75-50 gun.

As for photographs, well the best I could find was a picture in a .PDF file of a Panther that was used by the French (the 503rd) and is now on display, with German markings, at the 503rd' s HQ at Mourmelon-le-Grand.

Here is the link. It is quite an interesting little find.

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Panthers.pdf