Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Mods
Notices

Old December 18th, 2011, 07:20 PM

Private

manteuffel is on a distinguished road
Default Flag Mod

This mod is for users who want to change the look of some flags in their game. I changed the German, Japanese, and Soviet flags to give them a historically accurate feel.

This is my first mod so be aware that there may be bugs but I went through as much as I could to ensure that they all work properly.

I didn't change the mini flags as they work very well but if anyone would like me to make them a mini flag version of these I will gladly make them. I am also willing to help out if anyone wants to make their own flags and doesn't like using SHPed.

This is the main battle menu.

This is how the flags look in terrain.

I would like the thank Cross for his very patient and helpful
assistance and making this mod a reality!
Attached Files
File Type: zip New Flags.zip (172.8 KB, 648 views)
“You cannot be disciplined in great things and indiscipline in small things. Brave undisciplined men have no chance against the discipline and valor of other men. Have you ever seen a few policemen handle a crowd?”
-General George S. Patton Jr
The Following User Says Thank You to manteuffel For This Useful Post:
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:10 AM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Flag Mod

Downloaded and installed. Excellent work! Thanks!
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:50 AM

Private

gabeeg is on a distinguished road

I really like the Nazi Battle flag...but for the Japanese I believe that is the Japanese Naval ensign. For the Japanese maybe the rising sun with the centered sun flag or the original red sun on white field would be more appropriate. I am no expert so maybe wrong, maybe an expert will chime in...

Thanks for the mod, we need more variety of mods in WinSPWW2. Thanks!
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Private

Thank you for the feedback on the Japanese flag! I am always glad to hear about an issue I can fix. I looked it up and its a bit confusing really. The official flag of the army was a rising sun flag but with the sun centered. I went with the rising sun (not centered) because it represented the Japanese military as a whole.
I thought that would be the best choice as SPWW2 uses every branch of the Japanese military.

Please let me know if you want any other flags changed or have any ideas for mods!
“You cannot be disciplined in great things and indiscipline in small things. Brave undisciplined men have no chance against the discipline and valor of other men. Have you ever seen a few policemen handle a crowd?”
Old December 20th, 2011, 05:36 PM

Corporal

void1984 is on a distinguished road

Right. Japanese and Polish flags are naval ensigns.
I've been explained that for Poland it's to make the difference between original polish forces and their soviet counterpart.
Old December 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM

Private

I am working on a second version of this mod at the moment. I made an alternate German flag as well as the Japanese army flag.

I am also working on replacing the battle type switch with the old Steel Panthers lever. I was thinking of making another version of it but I'll see what you think first.

I am working on alternative pictures for the game options screens. I don't know about you but I like a little change every now and again. I intend to build US, German, Soviet and Japanese army picture sets.

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:38 PM

Captain

Cross is on a distinguished road

This mod looks great. Good job Manteuffel.

FTR: I only gave limited technical assistance. I'm seeing the flags for the first time, so I've no vested interest in the flag design.

Poland's Flag
AFAIK the Polish flag with shield is the government's flag in exile, not a naval flag. This was discussed here:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=46772

Japanese (centred sun) and German Flag
The modded flags are army flags.

SP normally uses national flags (USMC excepted), probably because quick and easy recognition is a high priority.

Some may think it incongruous to have some army flags and some national flags, but that's why this is a mod, it's whatever you'd like to see on the battlefield. And certainly the troops themselves often used a variety of flags.

The British Army flag (red with two crossed gold swords) was rarely used on the battlefield. Perhaps that's why I personally prefer the traditional Union Jack.

Cross
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:48 PM

Sergeant

cbreedon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteuffel View Post

I didn't change the mini flags as they work very well but if anyone would like me to make them a mini flag version of these I will gladly make them. I am also willing to help out if anyone wants to make their own flags and doesn't like using SHPed.
I like these manteuffel. I would also like to see the changes made to the mini flags
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:22 PM

Private

Alright you got it! I am working on a few things at the moment so it will possibly be a few days until the mini flags are completed.

I found a bug in the mod and I intend to fix it as soon as possible. On the long campaign set up, once selected the German flag is off center in the display.

The second version of this mod will be available soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to manteuffel For This Useful Post:
Old January 5th, 2012, 04:14 PM

Sergeant

mkr8683 is on a distinguished road

Not a bug, just missed it in SP-Fix

I generally save the existing flags as a bmp, paste the new one, and upload it to SHPED, then in SP-Fix, I don't use the crosshairs at all. Just hit 'Show' and then 'Write' and you're done.

Matt