.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old July 11th, 2005, 03:38 PM

Corporal

dita is on a distinguished road
Default Pre-defined maps in scenarios

Just a quick question(s).

Is it seen as acceptable to use the pre-made maps for scenarios? I wouldn`t like to use somebody elses map only for them not to like me using it

One other question, looking at one of the maps, there is a refinery. I cannot seem to find the icons used for the refinery. I can see the large container icons, but not the pipe work, which I can see on the map.

Thanks in advance
Old July 11th, 2005, 09:00 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pre-defined maps in scenarios

Quote:
dita said:
Just a quick question(s).

Is it seen as acceptable to use the pre-made maps for scenarios? I wouldn`t like to use somebody elses map only for them not to like me using it

One other question, looking at one of the maps, there is a refinery. I cannot seem to find the icons used for the refinery. I can see the large container icons, but not the pipe work, which I can see on the map.

Thanks in advance
Knowing the map number would be helpful....

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 14th, 2005, 04:24 PM

Corporal

Doh!

Map number 74, is the oil refinery. Also, I may like to modify some of the pre0designed maps for use in my own scenarios, is that ok. (map 190 for example is one I may like to use)

thanks. Next time, I`ll try and give all the info!
Old July 14th, 2005, 05:09 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

You will find that under Stone Buildings- Multi hex but it may take quite a few clicks before it pops up. Remember, these are designed to appear randomly and sometimes that random number generator can make life very annoying when you want a specific building. It's guaranteed to appear the second you loose focus and start clicking too fast.

One of my projects for WinSPWW2 is to come up with a system that allows you to run through the building sequentially or randomly then backfit it to WinSPMBT as a patch. The good news is the special map editor in the CD version allows cut and paste which would allow you to copy that building in map 74 then paste it into your map

Using maps provided in the game for a scenario is perfectly acceptable. Make note of that when you do the scenario write up though. It serves the purpose of acknowledging the original map designer and letting others know they can use them for that purpose

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old July 14th, 2005, 05:53 PM

Corporal

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I just need a little patience Until that patch arrives

I`ll make sure I credit the map number if I use them.
Old July 15th, 2005, 04:15 AM

Captain

PlasmaKrab is on a distinguished road

Thanks for this patch, Don, that will be very helpful!

When you are building wide urban areas and for some reason you want a special one at one special place... I fully agree with you about the malignity of the random pick, that will pop up the right thing when you start losing track of the clicking...

Although the worst inthis case is to find at last the right building after long minutes of relentless clicking, and then notice you have put it in the wrong hex!

Just as good the CD version will help there!