.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM

Private

Uldin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spellbooks - MA, CBM 1.92, differentiated late game magic - Recruiting!

Oh, sorry Valerius, I'm a little blind , then Pythium please. Yes, at first, I was waiting to join a game (preferably for noobs), but the only open was this. Anyway I don't have any problem with the kind of CBM.
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:08 PM

Corporal

Hrum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spellbooks - MA, CBM 1.92, differentiated late game magic - Recruiting!

Valerius, it looks like you've already got the 8 you were looking for, in which case maybe I'm too late. However, if you don't mind a 9th player, I'd like to try Abysia.

I've been watching these interesting format games you've been setting up for a while (Nations, etal.) and never had the free time to join, but this sounds too interesting (I love the idea of these thematic restrictions).

I'm not a complete newb, but not all that experienced either. Been in a couple of MP games, but I've never really gotten into major late game fighting.
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:35 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBlood View Post
Mictlan could be an interesting choice. If you would like another player, I am interested.
I agree that Mictlan is an interesting choice. A lot of magic diversity just like TC. TC has better cross path combos but Mictlan has access to the highest S magic (and of course you have your blood summons if you bootstrap into blood).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uldin View Post
Oh, sorry Valerius, I'm a little blind , then Pythium please. Yes, at first, I was waiting to join a game (preferably for noobs), but the only open was this. Anyway I don't have any problem with the kind of CBM.
No problem! Pythium it is; I see you're sticking with the hydra theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrum View Post
Valerius, it looks like you've already got the 8 you were looking for, in which case maybe I'm too late. However, if you don't mind a 9th player, I'd like to try Abysia.
Sure, we can go to 9 players. One advantage of more players is it opens up diplomatic options. But this inclines me towards looking for a 12 prov/player map rather than 15 so that the endgame isn't too painful for the final players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrum View Post
I've been watching these interesting format games you've been setting up for a while (Nations, etal.) and never had the free time to join, but this sounds too interesting (I love the idea of these thematic restrictions).
Glad you like some of my experimental game formats. Sometimes they work ... other times not so well. Hopefully this will be in the former category.

So, welcome to our final group of players! It looks like we finished up a recruiting with three strong S nations. I was actually kind of surprised that thus far we'd only had one S nation sign up.

Bear with me as it will take some time for me to compare everyone's mages with the available spells and put together the mod.

I should also mention that there is a chance we'll run into an issue with running out of spell slots. A spell can only be restricted to up to 3 nations. That means if 7 or 8 nations qualify for a spell I'll need to duplicate it twice and split those nations over the three versions of the spell (original and two duplicates). But I expect that in most cases only 4-5 nations will qualify for a spell and I'll only need to duplicate it, in which case we should be fine.
Old November 30th, 2011, 03:52 PM

Corporal

TigerBlood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spellbooks - MA, CBM 1.92, differentiated late game magic - Closed

I would like to thank you before the game starts for going to all this effort. I'm sure it will be a fun game.

I have little MP experience with Mictlan, so this will also be educational for me.
Old December 5th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Major General

Default Re: Spellbooks - MA, CBM 1.92, differentiated late game magic - Closed

Unfortunately, between the time I first posted this game and when it filled up last week RL has become very busy. I didn't have a chance to put the mod together last week and likely will not have time this week either. Rather than keep everyone on hold I'm going to cancel this game. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Old December 7th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Corporal

Hrum is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spellbooks - MA, CBM 1.92, differentiated late game magic - Canceled

Valerius, sorry to hear that things are so hectic for you. I am disappointed to hear that this game won't be happening, but obviously RL takes priority. You have nothing to apologize for. In my case it may be just as well, as things at work have gotten a bit crazier for me as well.

Hopefully your schedule will be less busy in the new year, and we'll get to see more of these interesting scenario games from you. Maybe ones that don't require quite this much prep work though - I didn't envy you the task of customizing the mod for this. It sounded really involved.
Old December 8th, 2011, 04:40 PM

Major General

Default Re: Spellbooks - MA, CBM 1.92, differentiated late game magic - Canceled

Thanks, I'm sure I'll come up with other odd ideas in the future.

Generally speaking I prefer to have the mod done or almost done before posting the game but of course in this case it was dependent on the nations that signed up so I couldn't do that. I guess I could have prepared the spell lists for all nations ahead of time to speed things up but then I would have had to prepare a lot of additional nations, half of which wouldn't be used.