.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old August 24th, 2006, 08:47 PM

Corporal

Arker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Death scales/Gift of Natures Bounty

I guess the reason this surprises me is that I remember reading the general strategy was to use powerful summoned troops instead of nationals as much as possible. You don't need gold for them, right?
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:41 PM

Sergeant

Wick is on a distinguished road

If summoned troops didn't need gold then national troops would be used a lot more -- it's just that they need it for expensive mages to research the spells, find the gems, and do the actual summoning instead of for recruiting and maintaining the troops themselves.
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

BigJMoney is on a distinguished road

Arker, was not the original purpose of this thread to see if Nature's Bounty offset Death 1 or more? Are you still going to test that with the new game you are making, or have you given up on that experiment? I am very interested in your findings, actually. I hope you get back to it. I'm also curious if Growth 3 and Nature's Bounty is enough to offset Burden of Time, but I guess that isn't a test that can be set up. It would be neat, as you stated, if one could use that to his advantage to let an opponent kill off all the opposition for oneself.

=$= Big J Money =$=
Old August 25th, 2006, 02:09 AM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ygorl said:
As far as GoNB, I've never cast it, but I always assumed it moved your scales towards growth? In any case, give it a few turns to have an effect.
Nature's Bounty doesn't effect growth scale- just multiplies income based on positive dominion candles in a province.
Old August 25th, 2006, 03:25 AM

Corporal

Arker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
BigJMoney said:
Arker, was not the original purpose of this thread to see if Nature's Bounty offset Death 1 or more? Are you still going to test that with the new game you are making, or have you given up on that experiment? I am very interested in your findings, actually. I hope you get back to it. I'm also curious if Growth 3 and Nature's Bounty is enough to offset Burden of Time, but I guess that isn't a test that can be set up. It would be neat, as you stated, if one could use that to his advantage to let an opponent kill off all the opposition for oneself.

=$= Big J Money =$=
I've got the game saved, I imagine I'll come back to it eventually, dispell Ermors enchantments, and track population growth for a few turns. I'm just a bit busy exploring the wonderful new world of order 3 at the moment

If I do I'll be sure to post again to this thread with what I find out.

I don't know why it wouldn't be possible test your other hypothesis... set it up and let us know Or I'll probably check it out myself, eventually, if you don't.

Based on what I've seen so far, my prediction is no, by the way. But I could be wrong...
Old August 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

BigJMoney is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering if anyone out there has stats on Nature's Bounty. I have been playing with Growth 3, and never ever use that spell (though I could easily cast it; I just have other priority globals). I wonder if it would help my game better than the other globals I use. Something tells me no. By the time I get that spell up and watch population rocket, it doesn't really matter how much extra production and gold it brings me, because that's probably the point in the game where summoned armies paid for with gems rule the day.

=$=