.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old January 11th, 2009, 03:56 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Poland

Turn 7

Roughly one squadron of enemy cavalry north, south and west of Hill 3. Infantry on the hill engaged some of the cavalry and inflicted some casualties. One platoon of reserve tanks are heading to this flank to help out. The lead cavalry elements are nearing the area where my artillery is plotted, so I'm going to open up with my 37mm ATGs and try to pin them there.

No new enemy forces heading toward gap between Hills 1 and 2. The three armored cars are still poking around, but the cavalry advance has stalled where my artillery is plotted. Things on the east-west road will heat up soon. Enemy infantry is moving down this road in company strength. My one gold spot is on this road and the enemy is right on it. I'm going to drop artillery shortly. One more tankette was destroyed near Hill 1. Enemy artillery is continuing to fall in the woods west of Hill 2.

Enemy force advancing on South Woods is now five tankettes, five tanks and one infantry squad. There had been a sixth tankette, but it was destroyed by another ATG north of the woods.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero

Enemy: Two TK-3 destroyed and estimated 10 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; January 11th, 2009 at 04:15 AM..
Old January 11th, 2009, 04:23 AM

Captain

Turn 8

Engaged enemy cavalry squadron with ATGs and infantry from Hill 2. My artillery started coming in, also but was a bit off the mark. Their advancing force here is already beginning to waver some.

I'm going to have to go after the armored cars east of the Hills 1 and 2 gap. They are still sitting there. I've got a scout right in the middle of them, but they don't seem to see it. Artillery hit the supporting cavalry here. I suspect they will run for cover shortly. Enemy on the road is acting very timidly. I haven't done anymore than fire one 37mm ATG at tankettes there, but they just aren't moving past the first one destroyed. My artillery will hit next turn and should rain havoc on them. Enemy artillery is still hitting the woods. Nothing close to on target at the moment, but my tank platoon heading to the north flank will have to swing a little wide to avoid the impact zone.

More enemy infantry spotted east of South Woods. Estimated strength now is platoon. Tanks and tankettes still advancing. One more tankette was destroyed and another one shot up.

Casualties

Friendly: Zero

Enemy: One TK-3 destroyed and estimated 15 casualties.
Old January 11th, 2009, 04:58 AM

Captain

Turn 9

My raw troops on Hill 2 are starting to waver some after taking a few casualties. The gave better than the got, but there is a lot of enemy cavalry in the area. I've got two squads running right now and a mass of cavalry are approaching from the northeast.

Two armored cars are been destroyed. If they were going to wait there for me to come after them, it was bound to happen. All but one cavalry unit have disappeared into the woods. Artillery has started falling on the road so their infantry approaching here is starting to get hit. None of the units are moving past that burning tankette still. There are three more there, plus a lot of infantry. I'm not sure why they aren't moving forward. My artillery will hit them harder next turn.

Three more tanks showed up east of the South Woods. There isn't anything I can't handle, but they did bounce a few shots off of my tanks. Three more tankettes were destroyed. Enemy infantry is now to the east in company strength.

My spotter plane ventured out a little too far and was shot down by AAA unit in the enemy rear.

Casualties

Friendly: One spotter plane destroyed and estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Three TKS tankettes and two Wz.34 II armored cars destroyed and estimated 15 casualties.
Old January 11th, 2009, 05:18 AM

Captain

Turn 10

Took a few more casualties on Hill 2 and two squads are still running. I've got two more squads shifting to assist, the reserve tank platoon is almost around the hill to help and the support tank platoon is forgetting about the last armored car for now and going to help. The enemy cavalry is still coming, but slowing down due to fire from the ATGs, one tank and a couple of squads. More artillery plotted to on the northeastern slope of the hill.

Artillery continuing to hit road south and southeast of Hill 1. Enemy took some hard hits. An MG-34 team on the north side of the hill also engaged some enemy infantry. One more tankette was destroyed leaving two remaining.

My tanks pulled back into the South Woods to wait for a better shot at the approaching enemy tanks. The one that had two rounds bounced off of it the previous turn just got lucky and there wasn't any reason to tempt fate.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 2 casualties.

Enemy: One TK-3 tankette destroyed and estimated 15 casualties.
Old January 11th, 2009, 05:50 AM

Captain

Turn 11

More casualties on Hill 2 and another squad running. Tanks from support platoon and reserve platoon engaging enemy cavalry now. Just when I thought they would make the difference and break the attack, an enemy tank and one squad showed up on Hill 3. More than likely, there are more behind them. They turned the flag on the east side of the hill, but artillery should hit there next turn. Enemy artillery is coming down all over Hill 2 now.

One enemy squad showed up east of the gap between Hills 1 and 2. They could be signs of another company coming up or be part of the unit the squad on Hill 3 is with. Only time will tell. Enemy cavalry and the last armored car returned to the area as well. I am trying to move my infantry in to take care of the armored car, but they don't have much for anti-tank weapons. I think it's time to commit my remaining reserve in this area. That way they can either turn north and deal with the cavalry attack or turn south and hit the enemy infantry on the road. I guess my plan for a flanking move might go out the window. At least my ATG destroyed the last seen tankette on the road. I believe there is one more around somewhere. Artillery is continuing to pound the road.

I've lost track of most of the enemy tanks east of the South Woods. One of my ATGs did destroy another tankette and one tank. My infantry also engaged some advancing enemy infantry.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: One TK-3 and one TKS.m tankettes and one FT-18 tank destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.
Old January 11th, 2009, 03:33 PM

Captain

Turn 12

Tank support on and around Hill 2 is stabilizing the situation. Three friendly squads are still out of control, but the enemy cavalry is taking a beating now. Shots were traded between friendly and enemy tanks. Since there was only one enemy tank at the time, it lost. Another has showed up. Tanks also fired at the one infantry squad seen on Hill 3 as well. It turned and ran. Artillery hit the cavalry force as well, while incoming mail is still hitting Hill 2.

Enemy infantry on the road are heading more or less northwest into the fields east of Hill 1, but they seem to be disorganized. They have been hit by artillery and machinegun fire. The armored car is still alive, but was being engaged by one tank from Hill 2. Infantry also assaulted, also. Reserve tanks have started moving down the road instead of towards the hill gap. Since the situations around Hill 2 seems to be more under control, the road seemed to be a better and faster option.

East of the South Woods, another enemy tank was destroyed by an ATG. There are still a few infantry squads visible, so tanks manuevered and took a few shots resulting in one squad running. Other tanks are moving north in the woods to catch the flank of any enemy tanks heading northwest. In general, tanks and tankettes that have been destroyed were heading in that direction from this sector.

Enemy counter battery fire hit a couple of my batteries and crews are running.

Casualties

Enemy: One FT-17 tank destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.

Last edited by RERomine; January 11th, 2009 at 03:49 PM..
Old January 11th, 2009, 04:09 PM

Captain

Turn 13

Enemy cavalry near Hill 2 has been destroyed. No more are visible, but infantry is coming out of the woods east of the hill. At this point, two platoons are advancing west. The tank on the hill has also been destroyed.

A platoon of infantry is heading west towards the gap, but they have a long way to go. Enemy cavalry has been destroyed, but that last armored car is annoying. Two support tanks are coming from Hill 2 to deal with it. Until then, a platoon of infantry will keep it entertained.

On the south edge of Hill 1, one tankette was found. An infantry assault immobilized it. Enemy infantry also moved onto the hit, but was ambushed by my infantry and is now running. Enemy in the fields are still disorganized. Three friendly armored cars from the reserve force have reached the area. They will swing around onto the top of the hill and start engaging enemy while the rest of the reserve force comes up.

Activity near the South Woods is still difficult to evaluate. I know there are more tanks around, but I only see one. It has been taking fire from an ATG and it has been hit several times. My infantry is engaging enemy infantry in the open east of the woods.

Counter battery fire seems to have stopped.

Casualties

Enemy: One 7TP tank destroyed and estimated 20 casualties.
Old January 11th, 2009, 05:57 PM

Captain

Turn 14

Tanks around Hill 2 are engaging enemy infantry. The infantry advance has stalled and they are pulling back into the woods. Most of my infantry has rallied and are moving back into position. The three ATGs are moving forward to bring them online with forces on Hill 2.

Two support tanks are engaging enemy infantry heading to the gap and the armored car. I have a platoon of infantry in the area and they are moving slowly forward since the enemy forces are wavering.

There is a company of enemy infantry in the field east of Hill 1. Artillery is giving them a hard time They are receiving some small arms fire from the hill, plus some machine gun fire. Tanks are moving into position. Enemy tanks that were heading northwest from a position east of the South Woods have reached the road. There are five in the area and will link up with their infantry in a turn or two. My reserve force is still moving up. The immobilized tankette was destroyed after the crew abandoned it.

The enemy infantry east of the South Woods have been left behind by their armor support. They are in company strength and heading to the northwest; the same direction as their tanks, so it's reasonable to conclude they are heading that way. Support tanks are moving out to engage the infantry. They destroyed one tank that got left behind and an ATG got another.

Counter battery fire is not hitting my other artillery park. Those crews run at the first round I've got counter battery plotted on an enemy battery of 75mm guns and will see that in a few turns.

Casualties

Enemy: Two FT-18 tanks and one TKS.m destroyed and estimated 25 casualties.
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM

Captain

Turn 15

Enemy infantry east of Hill 2 have been confirmed to be in company strength. I had been thinking that the infantry here and east of the gap had been elements of one company, but now I believe they are two separate companies. Total enemy infantry force now estimated at four companies. Anyhow, my tanks and infantry are moving forward and engaging enemy infantry in this area. Enemy artillery is hitting on Hill 2 and the eastern slope, but are not inflicting any casualties.

Six enemy squads and one cavalry squad are east of the gap and trying to push forward without success. My small force here are holding them in check. Enemy armored car finally destroyed. It was a pain.

Hill 1 force engaging enemy infantry in the field. One squad took a few casualties, but the enemy took more from small arms fire and artillery. Reserve armored cars on hill and engaging enemy also and one platoon is moving that way. The tank company HQ section is holding on the road with infantry support in case the enemy tanks near the road head west.

Still inflicting casualties on enemy infantry east of South Woods. Tanks were moving forward when another enemy tank fire, knocking out the coax machine gun on one. The tanks pulled back into an ambush position, but the tank moved a different way and was engaged by an ATG instead. Another ATG engaged the enemy tanks near the road, with no effect. Tanks and infantry hit the enemy infantry east of the wood and several squads are running. My remaining infantry are moving forward.

Enemy counter battery has disruptted two of my batteries right now. The fire landed behind the guns, but close enough to rout the crews. They ran into the impact zone and took more of a beating this time. I'm not sure if my counter battery fire will come in or not. One of those two batteries may have been tasked with that job.

Casualties

Enemy: Two FT-18 tanks and one TKS.m destroyed and estimated 25 casualties.
Old January 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM

Captain

Turn 16

Tanks and infantry are still pushing forward to Hill 3, engaging enemy infantry along the way. They are still putting up resistence, but aren't able to advance. Additional infantry are in the woods south of the hill. They pop out, get engaged and run back in.

Enemy infantry seem to increasing in strength east of the gap. The are coming out of the woods in piecemeal, so there aren't enough active at any time to push my forces out of the way.

My tanks are now in position on Hill 1. They are engaging enemy infantry and destroyed one enemy tank moving off the road. All of them seem to be still heading northwest. Now that I have looked at the map, they are trying to get to the flags on and around Hill 2. Moving in the open in front of Hill 1 isn't going to get them there.

Three more enemy tanks have showed up east of the South Woods, heading northwest, like everything else the enemy has. One was destroyed by my tanks in the area. The tank that punched a hole in one of mine was destroyed by an ATG. Enemy infantry is still taking a beating and pulling back.

Enemy counter battery fire has shifted back to the other artillery park, but only two rounds dropped near by. If their counter battery picks up, my artillery will be combat ineffective. Four crews have decided to call it a day early and left the map, last seen heading for Berlin.

Casualties

Enemy: Two 7TP and one FT-17 tanks and estimated 15 casualties.