Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottWAR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillblood View Post
I agree on the idea bombers should have a short range, that they must be one square away from the target, because you see: If they bomb a target, they have to be directly over it.
Bombers dont use bombs,...they use air to ground missles which do have a much longer range in real life than any air to air missles,..so bombers having a longer range than fighters is realistic. However,...the tactical map is too small for fighters to use their addvantage effectively,..the ability to move faster. A bomber can make two moves and be in range to hit anything on the map.
Correction,...the bombers in this game dont use bombs.

I guess it would be possible to mod in bombers,.......a regular bomber that has to be within 1 or 2 hexes to hit,..but that does significant more damage..........

I also like to see a unit that can shoot down missles....... but I have no idea how that could be implemented without a major change in the game itself.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 08:28 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillblood View Post
I agree on the idea bombers should have a short range, that they must be one square away from the target, because you see: If they bomb a target, they have to be directly over it.
Bombers dont use bombs,...they use air to ground missles which do have a much longer range in real life than any air to air missles,..so bombers having a longer range than fighters is realistic. However,...the tactical map is too small for fighters to use their addvantage effectively,..the ability to move faster. A bomber can make two moves and be in range to hit anything on the map.
I meant carpet bombing, which modern bombers are also capable of, but
you're right. The movement range of the bombers should be reduced. Maybe the attack range could be increased with higher tech levels (better guided bombs/ missile tech available)
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:10 PM

Private

Frontman is on a distinguished road

My wish (dream list)--

1. Radar stations would cost significantly more and have more range.

2. If the game can simulate the radar abilities of AWACs then it should be able to design in a Jammer plane. Oh like an Aardvark or a Prowler. That would be fun to see. Drape the fog of war over your opponent. (I've built and attacked with Stealth but what do they really do?)

OTHER THOUGHTs-- Air Transporting since the patch too easy. I run my attacks like Halo drop ships. In a single round, I can C5 drop in my tank, capture 3 countries, bring up the C5 and be loaded to fly next round onto virgin territories. This is far too easy. Prior to the patch I could cap like this if 2 countries were unguarded and then had to keep an eye on it. (Lets make it harder. Much harder.)

3. Someone already said this but--- aircraft should have a CAP presence and be able to flank off air movement in country beside them.

What do you think?
Old December 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Corporal

Beachinnole is on a distinguished road

I'm working on some of this, I'm creating an "Intermediate Mod" which will leave the base "Standard" game intact and will address some of these issues, and I'm sure add others. But it will give folks another flavor to play. I'm playtesting and tweaking it now. See the mods thread above for some details, but since I've addressed you have AAA units from the beginning, as Air is just too powerful.
Old December 19th, 2010, 09:26 PM

BANNED USER

ScottWAR is on a distinguished road

A 'wrap' feature for the map,...so the world is round instead of flat........
Old January 2nd, 2011, 03:01 AM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road

I'd like to see the ability to set each players resources individually.

This way in a single player game you can give the AI more resources than you to start.

Random maps in multiplayer.

The ability to change color or flag in multiplayer.

The ability to set number of AI opponents in multplayer.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 05:37 PM

Captain

Computer Re: Wish List

Make it so you have to have X amount of infantry units to capture enemy structures.

Cities - 3
Fab Complex -1
Radar -1

If for example there were multiple structures,you would need more infantry to capture them.
Like a territory with 2 cities and three fab plants would require 9 infantry to capture. The player could just elect to destroy everything or some and capture the rest.
ADD in a new type of infantry (engineers) to do the capturing.

Fix Multiplayer

Last edited by Skirmisher; January 2nd, 2011 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: added content
Old January 2nd, 2011, 05:58 PM

Captain

Quote:

I also like to see a unit that can shoot down missles....... but I have no idea how that could be implemented without a major change in the game itself.
You'd just need anti missle missles, then maybe advanced lasers in the higher tech.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM

Captain

The advanded area SAM (anti air) might allready cover that.

I have not built any anti air units yet because I haven't needed them. Standard fighter aircraft have been doing a nice job of that.
Old January 9th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Sergeant

spillblood is on a distinguished road

Some modifications I can think of:
- Include some kind of retreat option in battles (some other users of this forum already suggested that). In the present version battles always end in the total annihilation of either your or your enemy's troops. I don't think this is realistic. You should have to try reaching your starting end of the map to make your troops retreat so that the enemy can decimate fleeing troops when he's in range. When there's no adjacent own territory to the one that's being attacked retreat should be impossible (you could cut off enemy troops this way).
- Fortifications are totally pointless when having no troops in the territories. This is a bit annoying at present because you always have to destroy them and they can't fight back when you attack a territory containing fortifications. Bunkers should be able to fire back even if there is no infantry in the territory. Another option would be that a battle involving fortifications and no other units in the defender's force should automatically end in defeat for the defender.
- AI should be modified again to not attack neutral territories when it's threatened by a strong enemy.