.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old November 18th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Private

Zogundar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Remove Curses and Horror Marks?

Haven't quite gotten the unit weapons sorted out yet. Somehow experimenting with what weapons to give certain units, such as a Fist to a Lesser Horror,

Code:
#selectmonster 307
#weapon 92
#weapon 0
#end
works as intended. I can't tell you why
Code:
#selectmonster 651
#weapon "nothing"
#weapon "nothing"
#weapon "nothing"
#weapon 269
#weapon 63
#weapon 270
#weapon 70
#end
ALSO results in the unit having a single fist. I thought maybe this somehow happened due to me missing an #end tag somewhere but everything seems in order.

As for events, I've tried setting them to #eventisrare 0 (Does 0 work for #eventisrare?) as well as toggling events to be rare in the game settings (Is there a way to change the defaults for that?) and I still have units getting cursed along with other nasty events in the home province which I assume has something to do with the units that are there. Like the Abomination of Desolation. How exactly do units like this trigger events? Can I change the unit so it doesn't trigger them? (Although I'm not sure if there's a need to, can you actually summon these things so that they live in your provinces under normal circumstances?)
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:07 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road

It's hard coded to the unit number when there's an event based off of them. I would expect that you can't do anything about it in that case. If you have doom horrors sitting in your province that is definitely not a valid test, get rid of them for that. It is technically possible to get those horrors to stick with you if you wish for them and then have the wisher get lucky and convert the horror to your cause in battle with enslaving spells. You shouldn't have to worry about this though. Anyway try without the doom horrors.

And try fewer weapons?
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:30 PM

Private

Zogundar is on a distinguished road

I think the limit was seven, so I wanted to make sure everything was as I listed.

Darn. I guess there's no way to copystat new monsters with different numbers and have everything use the new numbers instead?