.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old September 13th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ebbesen View Post
A quick look at Vanheim and Helheim reveals that the Allfather pretender is *gone* in all ages. Surely, that can't be right? [this is 1.91]
Any chance you have other mods active? I just started a test game with EA Van and was able to select the Allfather as a pretender.
Old September 13th, 2011, 03:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

kianduatha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
A quick look at Vanheim and Helheim reveals that the Allfather pretender is *gone* in all ages. Surely, that can't be right? [this is 1.91]
Mine has the Allfather for all the Heims...must be something on your end.
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

Peter Ebbesen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius View Post
Quote:
Any chance you have other mods active? I just started a test game with EA Van and was able to select the Allfather as a pretender.
Thanks for the quick response.

I didn't have any other mods active, but upon checking I discovered I had been performing testing with a version 3.26 Dom3 install together with CBM1.91; In this combination, the Allfather is gone.

Using my 3.27 install with CBM1.91 the Allfather is back in business.
Old September 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I was looking at R'lyeh pretenders yesterday and came to the same conclusion about the Polypal Mother. I'll give her a little boost. Maybe she needs a big boost, but I'll save that for a later version (I intend to do a proper pretender review at some point).
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old September 13th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Sergeant

tratorix is on a distinguished road

Agartha's Earth Communion spell is giving seperate results for each type of gem it find. For instance if I find an earth site and nothing else, the message reads: 1 new magic site found in wherever, No new magic sites found in wherever, No new magic sites found in wherever, No new magic sites found in wherever.
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:02 PM

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Yeah, it's a shame Earth Communion reports back like that, but unfortunately it can't be changed. I decided the slight quirkiness of it was worth it to give Agartha a cool spell.
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Conceptual Balance Mod v1.92

Right! Following a few days of feedback, here's another little update release.

CB1.92:

Errors fixed:
Fay Boar protection dropped after recruitment - fixed
Trident from Beyond was W1S1 - meant to be W3S1 (forging reference was correct)
Forging reference error - Jade Knife listed as const 2 rather than 8
Spider Bite and Heroic Blade shared a weapon id, which was bad
For modders: ID usage info at the start of the mod was wrong, fixed

Content stuff:
Polypal Queen given a buff - she now domsummons gibodai, but costs more points
Mind Lords have 3 misc slots (just for thematic reasons really)
Spells which kill the caster now also give the caster insanity. This means that if you use an immortal pretender to cast Possession or Foul Sacrifice he will quickly go mad (would you like to be eaten from the inside by spiders?)
Foul Sacrifice once again gives more spiders if you have more nature magic
Jomon tweaks from kianduatha - ninjas keep shurikens when given magic weapons, tatsu has more powerful magic (lvl 3), shark warrior has improved MR, mori-no-kami is a better archer, and sea units got Japanese weapons and armour

Of course one never knows what monstrous bugs may still be lurking, but at present I don't anticipate releasing any more updates in the immediate future. Fingers crossed, this should now be ready for people to go ahead with MP games.

Last edited by llamabeast; September 13th, 2011 at 07:12 PM..
Old September 13th, 2011, 06:55 PM

Shatner: Forgot about your typo till just now, sorry. Will be fixed in the next version.
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:20 PM

Private

BrodieSWR is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody!

I would like to spark a bit of debate in this thread about Yomi. I believe that there are two things that need to be changed badly.

1) The first would be their heat scale. Yomi consists of many fire resistant demons, and their homeland is a Volcano! I think it would be more than appropriate for them to have a preference for Heat Scale 1 and just for thematic purposes, if nothing else.

2) The second and most important thing that needs to be changed, in my point of view, is the base magic of the sorcerers.

Currently, they have 1 Earth and 1 Death with a +1 random in Air, Earth, Fire or Death.

What if the 1 Death were changed to 1 Air?

As it stands now, the Hannyas basically trump the sorcerers in almost all ways, with them seeing almost no play time. With this one small change, the sorcerers would become a viable alternative to the Hannyas because they would have a 25% chance of having 2 Air/1 Earth, which would open them up as fantastic, yet fragile support mages for the armies of Yomi, acting as casters for all kinds of nice spells such as Wind Guide, Lightning Bolt, Aim, and Contact Dai-tengu. They could also forge many items that would benefit Yomi greatly, and expand their options against certain nations whom they have many, many problems fighting against.

The way I see it, Yomi's theme is about reckless and violent elemental power being wielded by selfish, greedy, gluttonous demons, with lots of emphasis on offense, and very little on defense. This one small change would open them up for more of their thematic demonic violence, such as dai-tengu, and reduce some of their crippling redundancy.

But anyway, I can see how it could be a bit strong, but I just feel like Yomi gets jipped, seeing as how they have a whole slew of "national" spells that they can't even access reasonably well, such as Contact Nushi and Contact Dai-tengu. Air magic is SO vital to Yomi that the fact that Air 2 Dai-Oni are basically diamond-coated godsends makes Air a NECESSITY on your pretender, severely limiting your builds and options.

Maybe if they were made a little bit more expensive to compensate, although I don't think this is necessary, as they have old age, and Yomi needs growth to counter-act that, something for which they almost never have spare points available.

At least for me, it is more thematic. Yomi is about wild and crazed googly-eyed demons who aren't civilized or patient enough to hone and develop their raw magical power. Their schools represent this, too. To me, it is almost as if they are lazy because of all of the power that they naturally wield, taking it for granted and therefore not using it to it's maximum potential.

Fire, Earth, Death and Air and even a little Nature. These are all violent magics and elements weilded by wild demons that hail from the mountains and forests of the Volcanic Mountain of the Oni.

If anything, perhaps I could make a mod to change this one thing about Yomi for people to test and to see if they like it or think it is too overpowered. I think it would make Yomi extremely competitive and that they would finally start receiving some love and attention from the community!

Please tell me what you guys think, I'll be looking forward to your opinions and input!
Old September 13th, 2011, 11:54 PM

Private

BrodieSWR is on a distinguished road

I have made the mod, and you guys can download it to test it. I gave Yomi a preference for Heat Scale 1 and the sorcerers now receive 1 Air and 1 Earth with a +1 random for Air/Earth/Fire/Death.

Tell me what you think.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CB1.92 - Yomi Test.zip (131.0 KB, 164 views)