World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > TO&Es
Notices

Old February 26th, 2007, 01:15 PM

Private

BR_Adler is on a distinguished road
Default Brazil goes to WW2!

Hey, buddies!
I will use this space to remember WinSPWW2 designers that the brazilian soldiers fought in the Italian front, thus the WinSPWW2 Order Of Battle has been incomplete and it will can be revised, isn't??

"When Brazil - the only country in South America who fought along the Allies - entered WWII, no significant victories of the Allies had occurred at that early stage of the war in the fields of Europe or the Pacific. Soon came the mobilization of men to form the Brazilian Expeditionary Force, in a giant effort to upgrade a backdated army in its doctrine and equipment. It took two years to get these men ready to join the war effort against the Axis forces.

Later in 1944, the Brazilian Forces joined the Allies in Europe to help the actions in Italy, after a gross part of the more experienced troops left for Anzio, South of France and even Normandy. With very few time for proper training, the Brazilian troops compensated with great character and capacity of adaptation to war conditions in a very tough terrain and climate, being well honored by all the staff of the Allied High Command during their participation in the Italian Campaign. Many Brazilian soldiers were condecorated with the highest medals of the American Forces. This has been the finest hour for the Brazilian Expeditionary Force FEB." http://www.brcc2.cjb.net/

Best regards

BR_Adler
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 499400-feb2.jpg (57.8 KB, 201 views)
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Brazil goes to WW2!

Hmm somebody did Brazilian OOB for SPWAW (or was it SPWW2?) if I remember right... Has anybody did it for WinSPWW2 too?
Old February 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM

Private

Warhero

I'm sure that Brazilian OOB was it for WinSPMBT only. WinSPWW2 and SPWAW haven't Brazilian troops. The contribution of Smokin' Snakes had decisive action in the Italian front. I'm working in OOB and some scenarios and maps to make a "battlepack".

Thanks for your thread.
Old February 28th, 2007, 04:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

Warhero is on a distinguished road

Hey now I remembered that it was in dos(?) SPWW2. OOB used Green or Blue flag for Brazil. And it had mostly infantry and light recon vehicles... Not so good for tank battles ...
Old February 28th, 2007, 01:45 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road

Quote:
BR_Adler said:
I will use this space to remember WinSPWW2 designers that the brazilian soldiers fought in the Italian front, thus the WinSPWW2 Order Of Battle has been incomplete and it will can be revised, isn't??
Well, I doubt it will happen BUT you do have a point. They should be higher up on the inclusion list than say . . . Sweden, at least IMHO.

In any event, it would be nice to see some scenario's that include the Brazilians.
Old February 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough

The reason Sweden is in the game is because John Turesson made the effort to create an very detailed OOB for it and right now I don't see a Brazilian "John Turesson " on the horizon.

There may be an old third party "Brazilian" OOB floating around someplace but I don't have it. Adding an "official" new nation to the game is a very non-trivial exercise. It's NOT just a matter of dropping in an OOB. There would have to be a very good OOB that can be proved that follows all the rules and then both Andy and I would need to begin the task of integrating that OOB into the game and I can tell you right now that even if such and OOB was dropped into our laps tomorrow there is zero chance of it being added into the game this year. The release scheduled for March is the only upgrade for WW2 we are going to issue in 2007. Both Andy and I, for a number of reason, will be taking the rest of the year off after the next MBT upgrade is released in April

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old March 1st, 2007, 01:28 PM

Private

Don

With certainty I am not John Turesson, as well as Sweden, Brazil to be able to have somebody that formulates a OOB and makes justice to History. I played Close Combat during 10 years, but SP series is one another dimension, much more interactive. I know that a game as WinSPWW2 involves much time and the inclusion of a new Nation is not priority. Perhaps John Turesson also knew it, this fact has taken it to be so devoted to its cause.
Steel Panthers is a great series. Perhaps either the only one to give a possibility of a Swedish or Brazilian patriot to feel the glory of its troops in the battlefield of the WWII.

Thanks

BR_Adler
Old March 10th, 2007, 06:59 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

Adding an "official" new nation to the game is a very non-trivial exercise.

Perhaps the new nations could be added unofficially; e.g. the names and flags get put into the datafiles, but not the picklists or OBATS, and they don't get put into the main screens.

So How does this work?

Well, you could load up the scenario editor, create a scenario between GREEN and GERMANY in Italy, and then in then hit some random key like "[" which would bring up

"SIDE ONE: xx"
"SIDE TWO: xx"

and you could then change the flag and name for both sides, with 01 through 043 being taken up by Slovak Republic through RED; and the number 44 onwards being used for different countries.

So putting in 44 for a country would bring up the "BRAZIL" text string and the brazilian flag in the scenario, allowing such obscure battles to be created with accurate flags and names, while reducing the workload on poor Don and Andy....

PS - you guys do deserve the rest of the year off, you've earned it!
Old March 10th, 2007, 08:08 AM

Sergeant

PatG is on a distinguished road

Or you can copy one of Red, Green or Blue re-work that and use the import OOB function. If you don't mess with the formations - ie replace a generic infantry platoon slots with Brazilian ones not armour companies -, the generic pick list should give an acceptable result. The organization won't be perfect but no re-coding is required.
Old March 11th, 2007, 07:20 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road

BR_Adler, let me know what OOB slot you're using and I can produce a hacked SPWW2.exe + SHP files so that you can have brazillian flag and "Brazil vs Germany" in the game.