.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 7th, 2008, 09:22 AM

Sergeant

Kojusoki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mistletoe - an LA game for busy people (in progress)

hello its Ryleh...
I havent received any information yet...
To be honest I opened this forum to write that it takes way too much time to make a turn and I resign :/
Have you sent me any emails?
I am sorry for this but I had no info that we are still playing...

Can someone sent me an email with my turn, or am I already AI? I havent got any emails from server for a long long time

PS
I see I had 3 messages, but PM not email unfortunatly
Again sorry for stalling

Last edited by Kojusoki; November 7th, 2008 at 09:30 AM..
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM

First Lieutenant

Bananadine is on a distinguished road

Okay people, please have your forum accounts configured to send you e-mail when you get messages or when somebody posts to a thread you've subscribed to!

Now about R'lyeh: Kojusoki, I hope you will at least take your current turn, just to minimize harm to our game in the short term. But as for the long term: You say the turns are taking too long. Is that because of this temporary LlamaServer problem? Or is it just because of the six-day turn duration? You say you were intending to resign--do you still intend to?

If you do, then would it help if I were to reduce the turn duration? Of course if we all took our turns faster, quickhost would get them to us faster, but this is a game, not a job--if the particular discipline required to take your turn reasonably early without a deadline pushing you does not come easily to all of our players, then maybe I should pull back the deadline. I wanted to see what would happen with such a long duration; well, one trial does not a science experiment make, but anyway this at least gives me a sense of what happens. Still, for my own comfort I would prefer not to reduce the duration by more than about two days. Would this be enough to bring back our R'lyeh? It seems pretty hard to find substitutes, for some reason...
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:02 PM

First Lieutenant

Ah, Kojusoki, I just noticed you were asking for your turn file. Anybody can have a turn sent to them via the game page on LlamaServer--go to the game page and click "Request turn resend". But I've just done that for R'lyeh. If you don't get the e-mail for some reason, you might try doing it yourself as well.

Haha and here I was asking you here and in a private message to please take your turn--it's so easy for messages to cross, in this complicated communication system we have. Wouldn't it be nice if the forum and LlamaServer and the Dominions 3 program were all integrated? Hmm maybe after Illwinter wins the lottery.
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:11 PM

Sergeant

I am still playing, turn has been made (I dont know if you realized, but almost everytime, I was one of the first who finished their turns

So I am back to the game, we can still be dreaming, I hope you will be dreaming also
Thank you for the turn.

And yes, it is a good idea to have email notification for this thread - becouse it is a one that is not too... occupied If I had a email notification in other games, I would have my email blocked

To the host: in my opinion, I would prefer to have the turn limit of 2 days. It is so early that come on, it is not a big deal to spend 5 minutes every two days for a such interesting thing like a Dominions game
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:12 PM

First Lieutenant

OH MY GOD A NEW TURN JUST CAME

(not your god, though)
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM

Sergeant

Yes, my god was asleep as I received a stale turn from the host after sending my file:/

I hope it will not hapen again - anyway - my turn is done
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:24 PM

First Lieutenant

Okay, well you can have e-mail notification for private messages without getting e-mails for threads, can't you? I think you can, anyway. I suppose if somebody had a problem with that, though, then I could always just require everybody to give me their e-mail addresses when the game started. I just need SOME way to contact people privately, in case they start staling or whatever.

As for turn duration: You may spend five minutes on a turn at this point in the game, but I surely do not. My turns take 30-60 minutes (I haven't tried to measure), and they will generally get longer unless somebody starts really killing me. So I am still proposing to reduce the turn duration to a bit over four days--I'm in two games now, which will give me 30-60 minutes' Dominions every other day or so, and that's what I want.

However, nobody else has discussed this yet. Are there any objections to what I propose? I mean, will anybody (Kojusoki or anybody else) quit over this?

As for our Nagot gick fel--well argh! I've barely even looked at my turn yet, but it seems okay. I mean I have lots of money. What are y'all's situations? Will we have to rewind the turn (I hope not), or can we accept the stale?
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:36 PM

Sergeant

So now we can see who is our biggest threat
I will be playing anyway, unless it is a 10days limit for a turn
I didnt loose to much for this stale turn so it is ok with me.
Old November 7th, 2008, 12:44 PM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road

Well I'm usually the first to get the turn in so I forget about this game a lot. Don't remember what I planned to do next and such, but I've started writing it down now.
I'm up for a 4 day hosting interval too, and as for the stale it will probably take people 3-4 days to answer here weather they'd like to roll back so you better either do it now or just go with the stale, I'm good either way.
Old November 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM

Captain

LDiCesare is on a distinguished road

I don't care much anout the turn duration. I usually always play my turns the day I recieve them so it doesn't matter how far in between they are, as I make sure not to play too many games. As long as I can skip playing during week-ends whatever duration you pick is fine with me.