.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 21st, 2017, 12:07 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vital Airfield

Just read that the USMC will deploy one rifle company to Bunge while the US Army will fly AH64 and CH47 helicopters from the airfield during AURORA 17.

The Russians have their own drill - Zapad 17 - to take place at the same time (September)...
Old April 21st, 2017, 03:01 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road

One rifle company?

While it's a more-or-less autonomous combat unit it would totally lack any inherent logistic/maintenance/medical support and of course "little" things like heavy weapons, artillery, and air.

You sure it's not a battalion? Presumably a typical battalion sized MEU? Not like the WW II size airfield is a real issue for Harriers/F-35Bs.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old April 23rd, 2017, 03:17 AM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhiir View Post
You sure it's not a battalion?
It's what they said in the news.

1500 Americans to participate, about half naval crew, one USMC company motorised with I assume Humvees and a US Army helicopter unit flying a few attack/transport helicopters temporarily based at Bunge.
Old April 30th, 2017, 10:05 PM

Lieutenant General

I'm working on (what I hope will be) the final tweak for this scenario.

Any input or questions?

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old June 29th, 2017, 12:39 PM

Lieutenant General

Scenario goes GOLD !
Final Version
Attached Files
File Type: zip Scenario-375_Vital_Airfield_6-29-17.zip (216.3 KB, 140 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old September 30th, 2017, 08:24 AM

Sergeant

Oche is on a distinguished road

Congratulations and thank you for this great scenario design Suhiir. I started playing this a few weeks ago in PBEM as the Soviets but gave up the battle in turn 9 or 10 when i noticed that the T-62s, BTR-80s and BMP-2s had their movement value points restricted to 9. I would have gone further on playing and taken the beating of the helos AGTMs, sporadic artillery and reinforcing airborne units and mech units rushing to fight for the airfield and surroundings had those vehicles movement points not been altered from their original value. Nevertheless i must again admit that the scenario design is top notch.
Old September 30th, 2017, 02:53 PM

Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oche View Post
Congratulations and thank you for this great scenario design Suhiir. I started playing this a few weeks ago in PBEM as the Soviets but gave up the battle in turn 9 or 10 when i noticed that the T-62s, BTR-80s and BMP-2s had their movement value points restricted to 9. I would have gone further on playing and taken the beating of the helos AGTMs, sporadic artillery and reinforcing airborne units and mech units rushing to fight for the airfield and surroundings had those vehicles movement points not been altered from their original value. Nevertheless i must again admit that the scenario design is top notch.
Well, since it's intended as primarily as a single player scenario I had to alter the speed of the armor to keep it from outrunning the infantry when controlled by the AI.

If you want to play it as a PBEM feel free to use the editor to change the movement speeds back to what they'd normally be. It's pretty easy as you can just change one of each vehicle type an "copy" the change to every vehicle in the scenario.

But thank you, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post:
Old September 30th, 2017, 05:06 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Its great fun will play the final version when it comes out in the patch, already played it a few times. Even though I know about the nasty surprises waiting its great as the paradrop & fairly heavy use of air means its never the same twice.
Not a lover of playing as defender normally but this is a reactive defence & where you decide to send your units makes a huge diffrence.
Could do a couple of varients leaving human side as is but without giving much away changing attackers entry times or adding more forces to some attacks, second para drop another 5 turns in could throw a spanner in the whole thing for example.
Old September 30th, 2017, 07:59 PM

Lieutenant General

Yeah, not a real fan of sitting around getting pounded on myself, why I made it reactive.

I'm glad you found the surprises interesting, always fun trying trying to figure out how to keep a human player on their toes.

I'd considered a second wave of paratroopers, but ran into the 500 unit limit. Maybe I'll take a look and see if I can arrange a second wave.

Old September 30th, 2017, 10:06 PM

Lieutenant General

I took a look, I can manage a larger paradrop (had to cut one BMP company) and add a little something "extra".

Problem is I now have to redo ALL the waypoint plots ... so not gonna happen anytime soon. Sometime before the 2018 patch.