.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old October 26th, 2006, 03:35 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road
Default Man this sucks... One M13/40 versus three A10 MkII

Not much AAR but a small sigh...

Playing long British campaign, currently began fighting in the desert.

Just now I had a rather easy task. My first line is being formed by infantry and Matilda IIs, behind them A10's as second line. One M13/40 got hit several times from OP fire and suffered a mobility kill plus IIRC total of four damage stars.
So the task is to finish him off. There are three A10's close to it - one five hexes, one seven hexes and one ten hexes.
First shot, 350 meters range, stationary experienced A10... 8% chance? What? Of course misses. Suppressed and damaged Italian tank fires at about 17% chance, hits and kills the A10.
Telling to myself "heh, bad luck, won't stop me". Another A10's turn, range 250 meters, rallied to 1 suppression (from 6), firing at... 8% again! misses again, Italian tank op-fires with 30% chance to hit. A10 suffers severe damage and has to hide behind a hill.
Telling to myself "WTF?", selecting third A10 (which opfired the Italian tank two times). Range 500 meters. Chance to hit 11%. Missed - why doesn't it surprise me anymore? Italian tank opfires again, also at 11%. Hits, A10 severely damaged, have to cover it with infantry smoke as it is suppressed and cannot even retreat.

Man I love this game
Old October 26th, 2006, 05:05 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Man this sucks... One M13/40 versus three A10

And I'll bet if you played the game out in reverse you'd see the same thing, in reverse. I see 8% to hit chances with A10's when they move. When stationary it's usually higher but every game is different and I don't know what visibilty etc your playing at. I've see multiple exchanges on both sides with tanks of that era where nobody hits anything and others where a 800 yard hits and kills with a 5% chance and the next shot from a different tank is a 31% chance and it misses. I just tried a game played as human both sides where a M40 fires at an A10 with 15% to hit and misses and the A10 returns fire at 12% and hits. That's just the way it goes sometimes

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old October 28th, 2006, 05:12 PM

Major

Marek_Tucan is on a distinguished road

Don't get it wrong, I'm not complaining
It's in moments like this when I do realise that in the game as well as in real life equipment, tactics, training etc. isn't all that matters - that what matters very much as well is luck
If I wanted to be safe from such things (err... much safer, not 100% safe of course) I'll be playing with core 100% of Matildas (I have the upgrade points to do so) but then it won't be fun The need to be cautious about every enemy vehicle is atleast a good training for the time when German tanks and ATG's will appear
Old November 1st, 2006, 01:49 AM

Private

BigJim is on a distinguished road

heh trust me when the German Armour appears your camp as the Brits is over I did that camp and the the Matties start to die nicly to the PZG III's with the 50 cm guns