World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > TO&Es
Notices

Old January 19th, 2014, 08:25 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

There has already been some work done. Units 7 and 9 are gone ( renationalized so they won't show up in the game for now )
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:04 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Don,
Will assume gun question answer is a yes then. References made mention of an improved 105mm L7. Please DO NOT throw away SANDF UNIT 007 yet. Here's what I'm seeing...UNIT 008 should be renamed the OLIFANT MK2. I believe the MK2 falls more between these units (007 & 008) in armor protection. This tank took many of the systems primarily upgrades in armor and FCS from the defunct TTD tank project. No 120mm MG is in service with the SANDF. In the MBT Thread 2 or 3 years ago; South Africa hosted the International Armored show. At that time the following tanks were considered OPLOT-M, LEO 2A4 (Favored.) and the T-90S. However they couldn't overcome the economic realities to buy them or as shown last year to even keep the ROOIVALK flying for the 1.5 years it was grounded. The OLIFANT MK2B needs to be resolved against the MOD website below that shows they have the MK2B.
http://www.army.mil.za/equipment/wea...ant_equipm.htm
http://www.military-today.com/tanks/...monstrator.htm

Regards,
Pat
Old January 20th, 2014, 08:42 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
There will be a OLIFANT MK2B. I'll be using UNIT 007 as a baseline unit and have modified numbers on paper. Have a "clearer direction and map" to follow now on all the units, thanks!

Regards,
Pat
Old January 23rd, 2014, 04:13 AM

Lieutenant General

CINCLANTHOME and I saw the "Piano Man" in concert who put us both back in a "New York State of Mind" which is always a good place to be (As we used be from there.) anyway it cleared my head a bit as again like last year work and life have a way of getting ahead of you at times.
So here's my thinking...I'm running out of time so like SUN TZU says you must have a strategium in war so here's mine.
1. Sense Don (And I'm sure Andy.) need a break and the sooner I can get this final data to him the better and better means the end of the month. But I have some requests and the following also acts as an update to some degree.
2. Don here's what I request from you please and as discussed to some degree already...
A. South Africa: OLIFANTS will wait until next year unless something drasically changes. Contacted Paul Mulcahy to get permission to copy his non game data about the OLIFANTS it's rock solid info (And matches mine.) and if you ever watched me type it'd drive you to drink or wishing you could put me out of my misery or both. Anyway it'd save me a ton of time right now. So again UNIT 007 I will modify to be ethier the OLIFANT MK2 or MK2B. Also for FYI that MBT represents as is now, only prototype built with the new DENAL turret. About UNIT 009 you can lock it out of play or delete it, however, transfer the Picture and Icon to UNIT 007.

B. Poland: Will be getting new tanks from Germany, got it covered already. However when checking the OOB I've found issues again in brief...UNIT 020 that tank is too new and I will submit an older version that fits the time line better also the good news is they'll get it two years earlier. The current date is when deliveries were completed. About UNIT 022 and UNIT 023 I do not believe they exist. I came across one Polish forum off TankNet that one person commented UNIT 023 would be upgraded to that units level in 2016. I do not see this (Most refs concur.) if Poland has the funds they are more likely to update the 2A5 (Ooopps let the cat out of the bag!?!) to the 2A6M CAN spec.

C. FINLAND: Also about done, they bought ALL the remaining LEOPARD 2A6NL tanks. Those MBT's finally got a new home. I like a happy ending.

D. PROMISES: 1. First to myself, one of my very first equipment submissions fell through the cracks before I started the PP format in 2010. I will get those "Aussie" M113 mods in-easy cut and paste from older posts. Names I've forgotten but will mention thread starter and poster in PP so...
2. M777 155mm to the "Aussies" also.
3. De Havilland HORNET 2 varients for the RAF and 1 for the RN. RN version saw combat during the Malay Crisis as well and the UK had the carriers at the time. These last two as well will be similiar to #1 in workload just have to track down my posts from the threads and refs are ready to go.
4. If I've forgotten a promise made to someone else on some other piece of equipment this past year you better let me know by weeks end and point me to the Thread and Post please!!

E. DFYI: Don got a little passionate about one of the STRV-122 fixes from last year. I'll to cut it down if I can but; from Fabio Prados' ARMOR SITE which a couple of my refs have cited as being one of the best on the LEOPARD 2 Series MBT, I leave you with this to see where I'll be heading with the requested changes Top Turret HEAT 10/STEEL 10...
Sorry won't let me Cut/Paste.
Focus on 1st sentence Para 2. Also Para 3 in full with focus on the turret. This site is one of many to also back my Polish LEOPARD stance as well.
http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/leo2.htm

I had fun today, well yesterday now, and it's good to take an extra day away from work but, I need some sleep as it's back to work later this evening.

Regards,
Pat

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 23rd, 2014 at 04:23 AM..
Old January 23rd, 2014, 08:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

*IF* you happen to stumble upon any solid info on if / when the Poles are going to retire the T-72 let me know but don't turn that into a new project, it's not that important ATM.

Don
Old January 23rd, 2014, 12:30 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
I believe from my refs they talk about 2016. Supposedly they'll hold on to the T-72M1 a little longer. There is debate concerning modernizing the T-72 over keeping the PT-91 TWARDY and regrets over not updating them to the PT-91M or better. If I can work it in I will, but low on my radar at the moment as well. I'll transfer that info along with the OLIFANTS to a new Word document for the 2014-2015 campaign. The plan is to place these new tanks into the frontline units to where the PT-91/T-72M (And in reserve units also for the latter.) are at the bottom. T-72 to storage or sold off.

Regards,
Pat
Old January 23rd, 2014, 01:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

No worries. When they make up their minds we can change the end date in the OOB's it's really not that big a deal
Old January 26th, 2014, 03:09 AM

Lieutenant General

Don,
What is the difference between the Polish LEOPARD 2A4 120mm L44 WG01 main gun and the German LEOPARD 2A4 120mm L44 WG87 main gun? This will affect my Polish UNIT 020 decision at my end. I'm currently inclined to change it out with German UNIT 029 vice German UNIT 030 that the current Polish tank most resembles. But this gun issue well, just doesn't make sense. One of the other issues is the fact that like the MiG-29 that was donated, these tanks might have been as well (Or sold VERY CHEAPLY.) as compared to the other countries that bought the LEOPARD 2A4 from both Germany and the Netherlands at the end of the Cold War.
Don't need an immediate answer will start on other areas of the list to finish it up.
Thanks!

Regards,
Pat
Old January 26th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Pat....... some things I understand need explaining but this one should be obvious to even a newbie

The "GUN" is the AMMO. Take a look at the sabot range and penetration data of the two. The 01 is more up to date AMMO for the GUN than the 87 that's why the Poles have newer ammo for an older model Leo.. because that's what would be available for use in that gun when they received the tanks.

Don
Old February 4th, 2014, 11:13 PM

Lieutenant General

Don,
First to be honest, I didn't know about the ammo issue when I asked about the gun. Just not something I keep up with in that regard. Now for an update: I just finished my last write up. All the "promises" are done- Australian M113AS4*, M777A2 155mm* and UK HORNET aircraft with four varients (2 RAF/2 RN). Poland UNIT 20 will leave alone except for date change, not enough difference between the two oldest German LEO 2A4 tanks to make a difference when I checked. The other two Polish LEO 2A4 tanks discussed I still don't believe thay have but no time to check. Lock them out, allow continued play but don't delete them. The * above indicates other outside associated issues I put into the write ups-all for next year.
What's left: 1. Refs are ready but need to plug into the items requested. 2. I need to proof my work. 3. And a couple of things that I know always just seem to come up, not to worry not taking on anything else. I have to go got a call and I need a break for a bit.

Regards,
Pat
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: