Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Chaos Daemon Sprites - Page 2 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old January 5th, 2010, 10:12 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Chaos Daemon Sprites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drok'Slit View Post
I eventually wanna make player played nations though I got some ideas but I wanna get good at sprite making so I can have graphics for my units before I make code or whatever it takes for a nation.
Sensible! People want mod nations to have decent graphics. It seems like you're getting the practice, so I'm sure we'll see something from you eventually.
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:58 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

New bloodletter looks great, good work.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old January 6th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

The chaos nation also needs substantial balance work. Its really not very playable as is. I mean, I'm sure you can beat the AI with it, but beating a decent player would be really really hard.

Regarding graphics:
The bloodletter looks good.

Don't really like the horror. Less fleshtones, more blues and purples!

Plaguebearer is ok.

Daemonette is... well... not really what i expect a daemonette to look like. I was expecting something with more fleshtones, more obviously naked, more lithe, and more female. The claw looks great.
Old January 6th, 2010, 10:18 AM

BANNED USER

I don't think daemonettes have ever been flesh coloured. A long time ago they were pink and blue pastel shades, but for many years now they've been contrasting white or very pale skin with black or very dark claws.
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombre View Post
I don't think daemonettes have ever been flesh coloured. A long time ago they were pink and blue pastel shades, but for many years now they've been contrasting white or very pale skin with black or very dark claws.
I always thought that was elf flesh + white. Which, while very pale, is arguably a 'flesh tone'. I'd be happy with 'white'. And yes, dark claws of course.
Old January 6th, 2010, 12:01 PM

First Lieutenant

FAJ is on a distinguished road

Or you could go for old school daemons and have them be flesh colored with big orange crab claws
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:20 PM

Private

Drok'Slit is on a distinguished road

I simply use the ones on games-workshop as my material.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...tCatGameStyle=

the daemonettes look kinda purple pale-ish, but I can see about the shading to make them more pale then purple. And as for more naked, well before they were naked but then games-workshop started covering them up with black leather clothing or armor, as you can see.

The horror, on the list there, I used the second to the left one as my material to base my sprite on. He looks pretty fleshy to me. I do though want "pink" horrors to be... well "pink" so what I thought was maybe I can make more sprites for the same unit. The skeletons have multiple sprites and the zombies too, I can make some purple-ish, pink, flesh-tone, and blue so we can have all the colors of a horror.

Same for the plaguebearers, I can try making some different sprites for them.

Daemonettes all seem to look roughly the same so they could have just one sprite and same for bloodletters.

What do you all think?
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:34 PM

Corporal

Calchet is on a distinguished road

Looking at the examples in the most recent Daemons of Chaos army book, Daemonettes come in many different colours - most have approximately Caucasian skin colours, most pale but some tanned, with hair dyed in mostly shades of purple or pink. A few have skin going towards pink or even purple as well, but that seems to be an exception rather than a rule.

The Liber Chaotica describes them as follows, though leaving out the detail of skin colour.

Quote:
They are similar to each other in form, although the details vary from one to the other. They are tall with pale skins and delicate features. Their faces, torsos and upper thighs are like those of beautiful women, but their similarity to humanity ceases there, as their arms end in chitinous claws or serrated spines. Similarly, their otherwise shapely legs end in claws or cloven hooves, and some of them posses narrow tails that writhe and snap like long curling whips. Many of them bear tattoos of strange swirling patterns and, of course, their Master's rune.

Their bared torsos and uncovered loins boast of their unreined lust, while the soft pastels and porcelain white of their skin belie the darkness that hides within them.
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drok'Slit View Post
I simply use the ones on games-workshop as my material.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...tCatGameStyle=

the daemonettes look kinda purple pale-ish, but I can see about the shading to make them more pale then purple. And as for more naked, well before they were naked but then games-workshop started covering them up with black leather clothing or armor, as you can see.

The horror, on the list there, I used the second to the left one as my material to base my sprite on. He looks pretty fleshy to me. I do though want "pink" horrors to be... well "pink" so what I thought was maybe I can make more sprites for the same unit. The skeletons have multiple sprites and the zombies too, I can make some purple-ish, pink, flesh-tone, and blue so we can have all the colors of a horror.

Same for the plaguebearers, I can try making some different sprites for them.

Daemonettes all seem to look roughly the same so they could have just one sprite and same for bloodletters.

What do you all think?
Go with the old skool (ok, moderately) naked ones. Best looking daemonettes ever. Its not just that they were naked, its that the models were really elegant and yet looked deadly. It was a very good look. This 'demon goth' thing is lame.
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:26 PM

BANNED USER

Uncovered loins alert! :O