The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Space Empires: IV & V > SEIV

Old September 24th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Atrocities Star Trek Mod v2.0 (Oct Update)

Announcing the release of the Atrocities Star Trek Mod 2.0
Link

This mod is different from the Star Trek Mod in that has a limited number of ten major races, each with their own technology tree, and twenty-eight neutral races with a unique facility for each one. The mod also has a very unique racial trait system that prevents a player from selecting more than one race racial trait. This mod goes further than the Star Trek Mod in its effort to immerse the players into the Star Trek universe. Each race has its own unique ability, be it larger ships, stronger troops, or more ship hull types.

The Atrocities Star Trek Mod, often referred to as the AST Mod, is a star trek conversion mod designed to immerse players into the star trek universe. While the mod is limited by the physics of Space Empires IV Deluxe, it does offer a true to form game playing experiences. Each race in the AST Mod has it's own technology tree. All of the neutral races each have a unique facility that provides a bonus to each race. Some races will not expand because it is not in their nature to do so, while others will expand and colonize. The mod has ten major races and twenty-eight neutral ones.

The mod also employs a ton of new component and event images. Right now there are two versions of the mod, one with the new images included, and one without. These new images are required for the mod to work and are placed in the same place that the image mod packs go.

I have submitted the new components to SJ for inclusion with the appropriate image packs but there is no telling when he will have the time to update them so that is why they are included with one version of the mod.

This mod has not been beta tested so I expect that there will be problems so please report any that you might come across.

Enjoy.
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:30 PM

Sergeant

Ironmanbc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Atrocities Star Trek Mod v2.0

just a warning before you play the mod copy and paste the StartMenu pic into the Pictures/Game/Dialogs from Se4 (because someone forgot to)
Old September 25th, 2007, 12:14 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Ooops
Old September 25th, 2007, 04:16 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Fixed.
Old September 25th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Shrapnel Fanatic

Suicide Junkie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Atrocities said:
I have submitted the new components to SJ for inclusion with the appropriate image packs but there is no telling when he will have the time to update them so that is why they are included with one version of the mod.
I got the impression you were still adding more.
I'll see if I have time to update after processing the PBC turn tonight.
If not, I should have it up tomorrow night. You made a very nice and clean submission unlike some of the demoralizing stuff in my inbox.
Old September 26th, 2007, 07:45 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Sorry SJ, I will be adding more images and should have them up and to you by the beginning of next week. Please hold off until then if you will. I appreciate your time and didn't want to swamp you with two submissions in two weeks. I needed the Star Trek images for this mod so that is why the additional images were included. I am still working on the Star Wars ones and will have them finished soon. Thank you again.
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:04 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

The mod is uniquely different from STM in that each race has its on tech tree so that players and modders can give each race more or less tech without affecting the other races tech trees.

Also each of the 28 neutral races have their own racial traits so players can give them special race specific technology if they so desire.

And the mod is set up so that some races won't expand to other planets like primitive races while others will colonize their star systems.

The mod only has eight major races and is set up to use only those eight. So no matter what happens you as a player won't be feel so crowded on the map any more. Much like in BOTF.

Also each race has its own unique advantage / disadvantages. Of course these are mild to begin with, but as the mod progress and I get feed back, I hope to make them more specialized for each race.
Old September 28th, 2007, 08:39 PM

Private

Emerentius is on a distinguished road

Hi,
just downloaded your new mod and I'm a bit confused about building a new ship. I do not see life support listed with the components if I have "only latest components" so I'm forced to copy an older model with life support in or leave "only latest components" unmarked.
Furthermore I could only start a quick game and not a "new game" because no prebuild races where present with that option.
Thank you for creating this mod!
Old September 28th, 2007, 10:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thank you for posting. I will look into the life support issue. As for no emp files, the game generates them automatically when you start a new game. All you have to do is pick your race and set up your own empire. If you want to pick specific races to be in the game with you, you will need emp files. I usually create them for mods but given that this was the first release of this mod I didn't want to have to go through the process over and over again in case there were issues with the general files or other.

However creating EMP files is VERY easy. Simply start a new game, set it to have the max number of AI controlled empires, and no neutral AI. Start the game and then click on the Game icon and then players. Turn off the AI control for each player and then process your turn. When the empire loads, simply save that EMPIRE under its name. Move on to the next empire.

I will include EMP files for the 10 major races in the next update. Right now I am collecting bug reports and such for the update.

Again thank you.
Old September 28th, 2007, 10:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

One question, what race are you playing and can you email me a copy of your save game? I would love to take a look at it. atrocities@gmail.com Thanks.