.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old July 24th, 2004, 11:59 PM

Private

Aracon is on a distinguished road
Default Items on Ermor

I've been playing Ermor a little and, apart from the never-enought death gems question (unless you cast well of misfortune, ok, but it takes long), i've a question about items: what items do you usually use? i've not seen lots of death items, and with the need for enchantment and conjuration magical trees, it seems to me that investing research points on construction it's not very useful.

On the other side, i'm wondering if items could serve to give me all those gems that i'm missing, or, even if needed, upgrading magic paths...but as behemot requires 4D and with dusk elder (3D 1?) you usually find 1 or 2 4D (apart from aspirant), and you don't have so much death gems in pool...

Well, please, if you know if making items (and what items) is useful for Ermor (talking in a MP perspective...on SP ,u can do what u want)...answer here

Thanks a lot!

PD: by the way, what IIRC means?
Old July 25th, 2004, 12:14 AM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Items on Ermor

I'm far from an Ermor expert, but there's several items I have found handy with Ermor. Skull Staff - very low research requirement, 10 death gems for +1 to death magic. Horror Helmet - 5 death gems for some added defense, and a generous dose of fear. Skull Mentor - Construction 4, adds 9 research for 10 death gems, more cost effective than summoning more Dusk Elders. Those are some of the ones I can think of early in the game - many others are great as well, but depend on your luck in finding other types of gem income.

(Edit - IIRC stands for "If I Recall Correctly")

[ July 24, 2004, 23:15: Message edited by: Cainehill ]
Old July 25th, 2004, 02:56 AM

Sergeant

Vynd is on a distinguished road

The Behemoth spell actually only requires 3 Death magic. Dusk Elders can cast it without any help. Now it is at the fourth level of Conjuration magic, but that doesn't affect who can cast it. Once you've researched a spell level, anyone with the appropriate magic skills can cast it.

The Wraith Sword is a Death magic item that you get access to at Construction level 4. It's a two handed-sword that drains life when you hit with it, making it very popular to give to powerful fighters. At Construction level 6 you can make Bone Armor (drains life from surrounding units) and Wraith Crowns (makes the wearer ethereal and summons a bunch of skeletons at the beginning of a battle). There are also quite a lot of Death artifact weapons.
Old July 25th, 2004, 07:48 AM

Sergeant

Kel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Vynd:
The Behemoth spell actually only requires 3 Death magic. Dusk Elders can cast it without any help. Now it is at the fourth level of Conjuration magic
Behemoth = Enchantment-4.

- Kel
Old July 25th, 2004, 08:21 AM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road

Depends a little on which Ermor and what other magic you have, though I don't have much MP Ermor experience.

If you have Astral magic, then anti-magic and luck items are good cheap choices.

For undead combattants, armor that would normally tire out a living unit can be good choices. Again that tends to be non-death magic. But developing some ability to use non-death magic is probably very good advice anyway. You've already got many good things to use death gems on.

PvK
Old July 25th, 2004, 02:16 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

there's a level 6 con helmet who gives additional +1 death skill
and one unique artifact that gives +3 death skill .

black bow of botulf is constr 2
d1s1 is the duskdagger , also con 2
you sometime get surely the s1 on one of your dusk elders or spectres

con 4 is not to hard to reach and you have almost everything you need .