.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 9th, 2006, 05:55 PM

First Lieutenant

calmon is on a distinguished road
Default Historical Europe MidEra PBeM (closed & stopped)

This game is closed & stoped. There wasn't enough interest.

I'M AWAY FROM 21ST-27TH NOVEMBER. THE EARLIEST STARTING DATE IS 28TH NOVEMBER.

Ok, first of all, this PBEM game will be a mix of historical europe and dominions-like fantasy.

The perfect map for this is Uropia, a mirror map of europe which do not conform to true European geography but to a very good fantastic version of it.

The map was created by zepath and can be found here:
Uropia Map

Like you see in the map here, each of the 13 Nations has a fixed Startprivince.

The game itself has some specials:

A hosted Turn will be sent to 3 persons. One of this persons is called 'Leader' I accept only .2h files from a leader of a nation. The other 2 guys are 'senators'.

Leader: Make all decisions, send me the turnfile

Senators: Get also the hosted file and can see the same as the leader (but can't do anything here).

Aside from the normal game we've a political game. In this political game Leaders could change!

When does this happen?
  • After a turn if both Senators can't see any useful strategy in the leaders desicions they can overthrown him. In this case they both have to post something here in this thread. From now on one of the Senators will be the new Leader (if they can't decide it will be the 1. Senator), the other Senator will be the 1. Senator, the old Leader the 2. Senator.
  • Between turns a leader can retire and can give the command to any of his senators. Then he will be the new 2. Senator or he can retire forever and a new player will be found for the 2. Senator position.
  • I got no Turnfile from the leader. Then i'll contact the 1. senator which is automatically the new leader. In this case hosting the turn may take some more time. The old leader will be the 2. senator or in case i hear nothing from him within a week i'm looking for a new senator.

If the leader need some vacation substitute, he've to use option 2 and the choosen senator can give back the leader position later on.

Why such a system?
- some dominions experts can be leaders and some newbies can be senators and can learn the game!
- preventing setting players to AI
- leaders can go into vacation and a someone who follows the nation can take over.
- for fun

Do i play a role in this game?
Yes, i'll be the only water nation in the game (Ocenaia) starting in the mediterranean sea (see the map).
I've no senate, instead i'll play a special role in the game:
  • i can't win this game, but i can be destroyed like each other nation
  • i try to control all the open sea provinces (mediterranean sea and atlantic ocean).
  • if i control all the open sea provinces i'll play primery devensive
  • i'll attack sea provinces. So everyone should be warned entering the open seas
  • normally i don't attack land provinces! (mabye the 1 island only reachable by water)
  • if someone anger me too bad, possible i make some coast attacks. This will be published in this thread
  • i'll try to cancel some globals that hurt my mermen
  • maybe i cast some globals (but only some special, this will be published here too)

When do the game end?
If all remaining nations (exclude oceania) mean "nation x is the winner!" i'll declare the leader and his senate as the winner of the game here in the thread.

How to join the game
Write your wished nation and position (leader, 1. senator, 2. senator) in this thread.
Please join only as a leader if you have some experience with dominions (1, 2 or 3) and you was in at least one late game of a multi player game. If not please join as a senator.
If you know a other leader from a nation very good (you play all games together, its your brother, you could never deceive him, etc.) please join in the same nation as a senator and don't take a leader position.

When do we start?
I'll wait some time till all the leader positions are filled and we've at least the same amount on senators. If i can't find all the 24 senators i'll try to recruit during the game.

The first 10 turns are hosted every day. After that i'll try to find 3 good days in the week in which i host. Maybe sunday, tuesday and thursday.

I hope the developer bring out a patch for this horror bug before we start. If not i think about Twans Hunter of Heroes Nerf Mod

I'm on a short vacation from 21th-26th november in which i definitly not host!

Some technicals
  • all pretenders have no password!
  • we play with standard game settings
  • one exception: Special Site Frequency is 50%

The playable nations: (Mid Era!)

First, lets say that not all nations have the same starting premises. There ARE better and worse! For example Rome has very good provinces arround his starting point and nations like Egypt or Carthage have some problems with all the deserts arround. But Rome for example is in the center of the map and there will be many nations with a border to the rich farmland there. And this may be a better capture then the dunes of sand in the south.

So if you feel that your nation is in an unfair positions write it in this thread and convice the other nations about it. Take it as a challenge!

Rome (Emor)
Wiki Link
Hystorical the western part of the roman empire
Leader:
1. Senator:
2. Senator:

Byzantium (Pythium)
Wiki Link
Hystorical the eastern part of the roman empire
Leader: YellowCactus
1. Senator:
2. Senator:

Greece (Arcoscephale)
Wiki Link
The Greeks, Alexander & Co.
Leader:
1. Senator:
2. Senator:

Egypt
Wiki Link
Maybe you come to berlin to see Nofretete
(C'tis)
Leader: Baalz
1. Senator:
2. Senator:

Carthage
Wiki Link
(Abysia)
Hanibal, but without elephants
Leader:
1. Senator:
2. Senator:

Goths
Wiki Link
There are West and East Goths!
(Pangaea)
Leader:
1. Senator: Migaaresno
2. Senator:

Germania
Wiki Link
Do you know about the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest?
(Ulm)
Leader:
1. Senator: Havis
2. Senator:

Britannia
Wiki Link
(Man)
Britannia, rule the waves... but maybe not in this game
Leader: WSzaboPeter
1. Senator:
2. Senator:

Hispania
Wiki Link
(Marignon)
Olé
Leader:
1. Senator:
2. Senator:

Russia
Wiki Link
(Agartha)
The people of Russia in this time are primary east slavs
Leader: Teraswaerto
1. Senator:
2. Senator:

Vikings
Wiki Link
(Vanheim)
They were in america before columbus!
Leader:
1. Senator:
2. Senator:

Jotuns
Wiki Link
(Jotunheim)
Jotuns are a mythological race
Leader:
1. Senator: Shovah32
2. Senator:

Mediterranean Sea
(Oceania)
Also a mythological race (i'm sure 99%!)
Played by Calmon (me, rules see above)
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:05 PM

Major

Teraswaerto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Historical Europe MidEra PBeM LEADER/SENATORS

Interesting idea, hope it works.

I would like to lead Agartha.
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:40 PM

Sergeant

WSzaboPeter is on a distinguished road

I would like to lead Jotunheim. Thanks a lot, and the idea is great. I wish my senate will aprove my decisions, at least at first.
May I start convincing others that my starting position is very bad? First of all, it seems that all lands are low in income and a giant costs a lot more then a mere human. Plus it seems that the lands are low in food supplies too. And we all know that giants are not like the trolls, the don't eat rocks... To balance this I would suggest a site in my capital province that provides a fixed amount of gold each turn. But keep in mind, that the lack of gold and food needs to be balanced. I think it is logical that the giants use the Vaettir to get some gold. (Like sending them to find mines or steal from travellers...)

Edit: If there is such a big interest in Jotunheim, I would like to lead Man/Britannia. Thanks a lot.
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Major General

Foodstamp is on a distinguished road

I would like to be senator number 2 for Jotunheim.
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:03 PM

Brigadier General

Shovah32 is on a distinguished road

Jotun senator number one please, please note: i will consider being a senator for ulm depending on whos playing them to begin with (but if the senator slots are taken up before i decide so be it)
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:30 PM

Sergeant

If there is such a big interest in Jotunheim, I would take Britannia / Man, so Foodstamp or Shovah32 could take the leadership. Okey, then swamp me. Thanks a lot.
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Major General

Oh, I just want to observe. The reason I picked Jotun was because I figured it was better to fill up nations than to be scattered about because it will take 36 players to fill all the proposed nations. If you want me to free up the spot (so someone else can senator for you), I will move to another nation. I don't want you to feel squeezed out of your initial pick.
Old November 9th, 2006, 07:44 PM

First Lieutenant

calmon is on a distinguished road

I'll leave you at jotunheim in moment. You don't have to change just because some others may've interests in playing a senator there. That may happen with every other nation.

I suggest we wait some time. Changeing the nation before the start isn't a problem but i don't want to do it everytime
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:45 PM

Sergeant

Still, I'm playing with Giants in another game, and I think a change would be refreshing.
Foodstamp, I'm glad you have chosen to senator me. I hope I will not dissapoint you. I'm still new to Dominions3, but then again who is not?
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Major General

WSzaboPeter, if you end up playing Jutonheim, consider me your second senator, but your number one skald (That is if roleplaying is permitted.)