.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Digital Eel > Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space

Old May 20th, 2006, 01:08 PM

Corporal

Ace_Garp is on a distinguished road
Default Stuck in the combat screen after killing Primodius

Not sure if this has already been reported, I've had a quick look but couldn't find it.
Also not sure if I was using a Mod - only being playing the game for a few days (love it!), and so am not sure if this encounter is in the basic game or not.

I had found Primordius, and had Damocles with me and so went into battle.

After damocles destroyed Primordius it also blew up (not sure if this usually happens as it was the first time I'd encountered either), and there were no more of the timy triangular ships to destroy.

The fireworks went off leaving my main ship just sitting there with nothing to do, then nothing else happened. I tried to retreat but couldn't do as the battle screen just kept wobbling as it zoomed in and out, and I could't reach the end of the screen.

In the end I had to Escape the game.

Running version 1.1.1 on a PowerBook with Mac OS 10.4.6 if that helps anyone.

p.s. Just bought the game a few days ago, and love it.
Old May 20th, 2006, 09:54 PM

Corporal

Ace_Garp is on a distinguished road
Default Just one more thing . . .

Just remembered (after finding Primordius again in another game).
There appears to be a problem with the alpha-channel of the background to Primordius's base.
It's surrounded by a black square that rotates along with the base, and covers up the background stars.
Maybe this only affects the Mac version, as no-one seems to have mentioned it so far.
Old May 25th, 2006, 05:37 AM

Private

TaoLibra is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just one more thing . . .

The same thing has happened to me twice when fighting the Primordius Fortress -- the Fortress is gone, but the game won't end the battle.

The first time it happened, I had to exit the game as you did; but the second time, I figured out what was causing it because I happened to have the Torc…

The Primordius Fortress dumps out Necrodrone fighters that can CLOAK, yes? Well, when I looked very very closely, and then moved my ships around to verify what I thought I was seeing, I noticed that there was a single cloaked (and therefore semi-transparent) Necrodrone sitting on top of one of my ships, following it around as it moved.

[Incidentally, this would have been a perfect occasion to have the "magnifying lens" that SAIS had.]

I couldn't get the "hover-over-it" ship display for that Necrodrone -- because, of course, it was cloaked -- but I assume that its weapon had been destroyed in the earlier fighting, and that's why it wasn't UN-cloaking to attack; and because it hadn't retreated (for whatever reason), there was still an enemy left on the screen.

So the battle wasn't really over yet.

But one quick "FIRE" command later, it was.

If I hadn't had the Torc, the Necrodrone would have been completely invisible; but I imagine it wouldn't have been too hard to get the little bugger anyway, especially with the PVC or an area effect weapon like the Micrometeorite Gun.

The next time that happens to you, get all your ships close together so the screen will zoom in as far as possible. Then if you have the Torc, just look for the cloaked Necrodrone and manually target the spot where it is. If you don't have the Torc, then just have your ships start firing at each other until you hit the Necrodrone by chance.
Old July 19th, 2006, 12:02 AM

Private

Ed_Zavada is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just one more thing . . .

I've fixed the Mac specific alpha channel bug for the next Mac release.