.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > SprueGames > Salvo!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 19th, 2005, 02:12 PM

Private

Muzein is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestions

Well, I've been playing the demo a bit, and though I realize it's quite late in the development cycle, thought I'd just toss around my 2¢.

First off, let me just say that I really enjoy the game. The gameplay is very fun, but doesn't feel dumbed down. Good job, this is defnitely a game I will be playing a lot.

Now for my couple suggestions...

For one, I think it'd be *really* nice to be able to select a ship without your view jumping to it. Perhaps make a toggle in the options?
I just find that very annoying personally, having a nice view of my ships, then wanting to quickly check out that enemy on the horizon and losing my place.

Also, when you have a ship selected, you can't pan forward or backward. This too me is also an annoyance.

Finnaly, to finish with camera issues, how about a left/right pan option? As it stands now, if I want to nudge my view to the right, I have to rotate the camera a couple times, go forward a couple times, then rotate back a couple times. This could all be done much easier with Pan Left/Pan right keys.

I realize not everyone will have my same opinion of the camera controls, but I thought I'd bring them up as something to consider, as I don't imagine it'd be *too* tough to make those sorts of adjustments.

Now my last quibble is something more on my part than yours.
The game runs quite poorly on my machine, pausing every few seconds (ambient sound even cuts out briefly) UI clicks tend to be unresponsive, etc.
Now, I meet the Mac minimum requirements, so I was hoping for a bit better, but I don't expect game devs to bend over backwards for old machines. Also might not be much you can do in the way of performance, or at least not easily.

Listed requirements are -
* Mac OS X 10.1.5 or Higher
* 1 GB G4 (1000 MHz Optimal)
* 256 MB RAM (515 MB optimal)
* 2 Button Mouse Recommended
* CD ROM
* 500+ MB Hard Drive Space
* 16 Bit Sound Card Optional
* SVGA Video Card (800 x 600 with 16 bit color or better)

Mine are-

Dual CPU 867Mhz G4s
1.5GB RAM
Many many many GB free space ( )
Radeon 9000 Pro 64MB

Well, that's it for now. Please take note I'm really not trying to be whiny! hehe. This is hopefully constructive criticism.