.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old November 25th, 2007, 12:16 PM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road
Default Gang wars - PBEM - sign up now

The Story

You are a stranger in town, a strong, evil stranger and you want power, LOTS of power. The cityguard could be a way.. a LONG, SLOW way to power, and long and slow just isn't like you. The King isn't going to give you his power either, and you hate him for it already, ow yeah, he'll pay too. And religion.. is not the thing for you, except to be worshipped by your minions as they spread your gangs dominion over the city. Take the power you deserve. And the money. And the lives you need to take to get whatever else you want.

TO PLAY THIS GAME:
1. create at least 4 nations
2. use The King, The Church and The Nobility as 3 of those and set them to computer controlled, do not choose The City Guard as a nation.
3. Create a slot for your own nation, set it on human.
4. If you want other gangs competing for power in the city create a maximum of 4 other nations.
5. Use an awake pretender (and some combat qualities might be usefull) as your gangleader carving your name in the annals of the city"
--
All water-nations, MA/LA Ermor and MA Tien Chi are disabled. The nations which are used as the resident powers in the city are MA Pythium/Man/Ulm and Marignon and are thus not playable either.

The Map:
the map looks like this (it's 3000 wide though (4x the size in all directions)

The general idea behind the map:
You arrive in a city and start to creat a gang (nation) to take it over. The King in his castle obviously has troops too, as do the Church and the Nobility 2 powers already in the city, fighting for control within the city walls. On the gates the City Guard is posting and preventing scum like gangs like yours to enter the city. Obviously the city guard is at peace with everyone... as long as gangs don't try to cross the gates.

--> each province only has 1000 population, but with double the income pere pop, but each race start with a 100 gc production centre. Still this is a relatively low income map take this into account
--> The map will be is campaign/RP sort of map with a lot of pre-made quarters where specific people live (and fight to prevent you taking it over).
--> You and (if you want) some opposing gangs start outside the walls, to cross the gate means fighting the guards. To cross the gates also means entering the domain of the Church and the Nobility.
--> The king resides in the castle and is happy enough to stay there if undisturbed, but of course.. to be the boss of all means the king cannot be allowed to live. And who doesn't want to live in his nice castle
--> There is a victory point in the Kings castle so playing for VP or cumulative VP is an option too. Personally I think playing for 10-15 cumulative VP would make the end game a nice "King of the Hill" play
--> the City guard isn't a real player expect no expansion from them.. they just guard the gates.
-->I disabled some nations becuase they might be overpowered in a low income map like this.

FOR THIS MP GAME:
Llamabeast is willing to host this game for me so I'm looking for 4 players who want to play on this map against me and the computer players.

1. If you sign up please pick any of the race that are not scripted out (see above) PLEASE do not pick a race that might also be extremely overpowered on this map (but which I happened to overlook because of lack of game knowledge.
2. I'll try to get the game to run on a cumulative VP for 15 points.. so once you get the kings castle the others have some turns to mass an army to kick you out.
3. If you kill all others the game will (obviously) end too, we will probably agree on ending the game too when one of the players gets such an obvious advantage that playing longer won't give added fun.

Please let me know if there are additional things we should agree on (I hope we can all agree on not using known exploits of the game. If there are spells we should not use then I hope there is a mod out there (please suggest it) or we can just agree not to use them))

Attached Files
File Type: zip 566808-Gang wars map pack 1.00.zip (7.16 MB, 107 views)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.
Old November 25th, 2007, 05:34 PM

Lieutenant General

Default Re: Gang wars - PBEM - sign up now

noone for an action packed game?
Old November 25th, 2007, 05:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

Sir_Dr_D is on a distinguished road

Sounds like an interesting idea. But I am in too many games right now.
Old November 25th, 2007, 09:14 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

I'm afraid you chose an unlucky time to start a game Aezeal, seems the market for games may have been temporarily saturated with all the new games starting recently.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old November 26th, 2007, 03:23 PM

Lieutenant General

mine is better though
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:32 AM

Major

Tuidjy is on a distinguished road

If you end up starting this after Dec 11th, I may play. Right now, I have to
much on my plate in real life.
Old December 1st, 2007, 08:21 AM

Lieutenant General

I'll see if I can find more players.. seems everyone only wants to play boring regular games instead of a chance of pattern
Old December 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM

Corporal

BigandScary is on a distinguished road

This does sound interesting. I'll join as LA Ulm. Is that ok?