World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old February 15th, 2014, 05:51 PM

Private

dwbennett is on a distinguished road
Exclamation WinSPWW2 Map Editor Hot Key List

All,

As promised (or warned, take your pick), here is the hot key list for the various map editors in or for the game.

Please see the attached note for a detail explanation of what was done compiling this list. That note got too long to be readable as a simple post. Besides, it will probably make sense for some of you to print that note out so you can follow along with my explanations of what I found and how I found them. Also, all the terms below are explained in the note.

Here are the quick hits:

1) A new hot key was found on Page Two of the in-game editor: Hot Key “Space” will bring up the “Enter map region (0..249):” in the blue numerical variable entry area at the bottom of the screen.
2) Page One Hot Key “9” is for Bare Earth/Arid Soil.
3) For the CME Page Two, Hot Key “6” is New Fill Range.
4) For the CME Page Two, Hot Key “7” is Fill Area with current terrain.
5) Page Two Hot Key “9” is light damage.
6) Page Two Hot Key “0” is heavy damage.
7) Page One Hot Key “A” with Jungle is Paddy Field.
8) Page One Hot Key “A” without Jungle is Tilled Field.
9) Page One Hot Key “S” will only give frozen streams in January and February but not in December.
10) Page One Hot Key “W” will not give thick ice in December and in January and February gives erratic results. See attached note for explanation.

I’ve gone over the list many times but I’ll guarantee there will be errors. The main issue is the many combinations of maps that can be made from the seasons, dates, regions, and the various editors used. I’m positive that I have not gone through every possible combination (although I have tried) of the parameters so please get back to me with what errors you find. The list was built using the Game Manual of March, 2012, the Version 6.0 of the CD game, and the Custom Map Editor V.2.2, which I believe to be the latest versions, so if you find errors in the list, make sure that you are using those versions of the editors. If you’re using earlier versions of the map editors then chances are good that you will not have all the hot keys noted in this list.

The list comes only in the MS Office Excel (where it was built) format because the MS Office Word got too big to upload in the .doc format (the .docx file size was small enough but that file type is not an allowed file type). By adjusting the margins for the printer output, I’ve manage to print the list on four pages of 8½x11 paper. I place the two pages for Page One back to back and put them in a clear sheet protector to keep them together and then do the same for Page Two. That makes for a pretty handy, dandy reference.

Of course, the use of the map editors is explained in the Game Manual and in the Help files within the editors and I would not presume to try to tell you experts out there how to use them. However, this list might help casual users (I’m barely above casual right now) get more enjoyment out of the map editing process. After all, this is a . . . GAME!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Don

Update: I found an error on Page 1 (Continued) of the list and uploaded a revised version. There were two "!" listed instead of a "!" and a "&"; both of which are not to be used.

Thanks, Don
Attached Files
File Type: txt Map Editor Post Note Text.txt (9.5 KB, 106 views)
File Type: xls WinSPWW2 Custom Map Editor Hot Keys.xls (49.5 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by dwbennett; March 24th, 2014 at 09:47 PM..