World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Opponents Wanted
Notices

Old May 6th, 2009, 05:57 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Talking Imp The Antagonist

Imp,
Here's the deal. 130x160 map. Russia(me) against your choice(you). 20000 purchase points each. ALL PREFS on except fast artillery. Limit arty and mortars separate or in combination to 10% of purchase. NO CLUSTER OR MINE munitions. Limit 1 section of ordinance/resupply. 2 air sorties each. Game length 16-20 turns. Save slot 007. REPLY with your country choice, email and I will send you the set up. LET'S DO THIS!
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Imp The Antagonist

I was not being antogonistic just making an observation based on the following.
1) In Skirmishers MBT tourney you seem to have gone missing.
2) You have posted before about.
3) I played you remember
Your settings no breakdowns Russia you vs China me & you got upset when I destroyed 3 or 4 of your tanks in a turn saying in your email if you keep that up I may as well give up, not playing with hills in the next game if I recall.
Destroyed another couple the next go & never heard from you again.

In view of the above we wont be getting it on.
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:03 PM

Sergeant

EJ is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Imp The Antagonist

Imp,
Fine. Things have changed since we played a while back. I was pretty much a newbie. I did NOT even know what Z-fire was or how to toggle weapons on or off. That was also before I got a few games under my belt. I play with breakdowns ON NOW. Strategy gamers like you are also the reason newbies or less experienced are too intimidated to get into mbt or spww2. If you want to hold onto that 1st impression of me; fine. DON'T KEEP COMING AT ME ON THE FORUMS PUTTING ME ON THE SPOT. QUIT acting like some chick that got dissed. YOU are being petty....When you "get over" the past let me know. I'll be here. I can CONFIDENTLY say if we play again things will be different....
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road

Well the forum is not the place for this but I have recieved several PMs concerning my comment so we will leave it at that & let you think what they said.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post
Imp,
Here's the deal. 130x160 map. Russia(me) against your choice(you). 20000 purchase points each. ALL PREFS on except fast artillery. Limit arty and mortars separate or in combination to 10% of purchase. NO CLUSTER OR MINE munitions. Limit 1 section of ordinance/resupply. 2 air sorties each. Game length 16-20 turns. Save slot 007. REPLY with your country choice, email and I will send you the set up. LET'S DO THIS!
Italy, " joebroz@lycos.com "
I would prefer some time after the fall of the Soviet Union. Shortly after, say 90 to 93. Scenario is that in this universe there is a major Civil war and it spills over into Europe but stays conventional.
If that doesn't float your boat, I'll take China. Any of the real engagements between China and the Soviet Union would be fine. IIRC, that was '69 and about '80. Not sure on that last.
Sino-Soviet border skirmishes went on at about 2 per year throughout most of the cold war. They seldom were bigger then platoon sized, but we can pretend.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:23 PM

BANNED USER

c_of_red is on a distinguished road

BTW, I think I have a map for the battle of Treasure Island fought between the Chi-coms and the Soviets in Dec of '69 and March of '70. That was a major dust up ith both sides committing divisional sized forces. It was larger then the recent Russian-Georgia affair.
I built it off of overheads from the Google Earth bird, so not sure how accurate it is. River deltas/swamps change quickly.