.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Press Releases > Weird Worlds

Old April 5th, 2006, 10:37 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Annette is on a distinguished road
Default Mac Users To Get Weird!

News Release For Immediate Release

Mac Port of Weird Worlds: Return To Infinite Space In Late Beta!

Hampstead, NC, 05 April 2006

More fun than a plasma vortex cannon, cooler than a temporal flux shield, and sexier than
a dancing fuzzy lummox, Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space will soon be blasting its
way into the Mac universe. Even as you read this the fine folks at Digital Eel, along with
their trusty robot helper Andy (which isn't a very good robot name, but the naming
computer was suffering from a nasty virus the day Andy was created), are putting the
finishing touches on their Mac port of the award-winning game of intergalactic space
exploration, Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space.

That's right, conversations like the following won't have to happen anymore:

"Hey Bob, have you played Weird Worlds yet? It's really cool."

"No, sorry, I haven't."

"What? C'mon, its won all types of awards. It even got an Innovation in Audio award at
the IGF. You should play it."

Bob, head hung in shame, mumbles back, "I can't.I have a Mac."

No more! Now when Bob is asked if he's played Weird Worlds he can respond:

"Damn straight! I played it so much last night that Sector Prime has been fried into my
retinas. Fried, I tell you, fried! Everywhere I look I see Sector Prime, and you know
what, that's all right by me!"

Yes, Bob and everyone else who owns a Mac will soon be enjoying the sights and sounds
of Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space, which is currently in beta testing. The Mac
release will follow soon thereafter.

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space has already garnered numerous accolades in the
game press for its Windows version, and most recently won the Innovation in Audio
award at the 2006 IGF festival in San Jose, California. Set in an universe of infinite
replayability Weird Worlds serves up single player sci-fi exploration with a twist of
humor that can be gulped down in ten, twenty, or thirty minute increments. A real time
combat engine adds a touch of fire to an already blazing dish.

Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space is also known as being one of the easiest games to
work mod magic. From simple changes to total conversions, some imagination and hard
work will let any user transform and expand Weird Worlds.

Stay tuned for more news on the Mac version of Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
as it becomes available. For more information on Weird Worlds, or to check out the rest
of our titles (which includes the Mac friendly Dominions II - The Ascension Wars, Salvo!,
and the upcoming Dominions 3 - The Awakening), please stop by
www.shrapnelgames.com