.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 29th, 2005, 02:11 PM

Corporal

Shadowcougar is on a distinguished road
Default Just checking

I guess that the campaigns and scenerio's are placed in the scenerio folder?

I guess at that but want to make sure before I screw something up. Windows is pickey abour some one messing around in it programs
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:14 PM

Captain

Skirmisher is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just checking

There are seperate campaign and scenerio folders.

Right click on start button and use "explore" option to better view the directory structures.
Old June 29th, 2005, 02:49 PM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Hi,

As skirmisher already told you there are separated folders for campaigns and scenarios.

Only one small suggestion... Before copying any custom scenario/campaign into the appropriate folder just check the slot-number of the scenario files in order to avoid damaging an existing scenario in the same slot.

If you notice that the custom scenario uses the same files with an existing scenario then you may rename those files.

For better understanding this, try to read the GG, section scenario (creation etc).

cheers,
Pyros
Old June 29th, 2005, 04:17 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Pyros said:
Hi,

As skirmisher already told you there are separated folders for campaigns and scenarios.

Only one small suggestion... Before copying any custom scenario/campaign into the appropriate folder just check the slot-number of the scenario files in order to avoid damaging an existing scenario in the same slot.

If you notice that the custom scenario uses the same files with an existing scenario then you may rename those files.

For better understanding this, try to read the GG, section scenario (creation etc).

cheers,
Pyros
A scenario can be manually renumbered to a new slot as described in the manual.

However - a user campaign contains its slot number internally to the saved data, so using the renumber trick wil not work on a user campaign. Contact the author and get him to recreate it in a new (non-conflicting) slot number, or play the original one, then install the other that use the same number when done with the original (you did keep the zip files for both didn't you?

As we issue updates, our oficial user campaigns and/or scenarios will increment from the current position.

Cheers
Andy
Old June 29th, 2005, 11:07 PM

Corporal

Shadowcougar is on a distinguished road

OK. thanks. With the DOS version it was just the scen folder I believe. Had to restart the computer due to a MS update and all works fine now
Old June 30th, 2005, 10:59 AM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

BTW, how can one edit a campaign scen ? I can't find how to open the scenarios in the Campaign editor, and they don't show up in the Scen editor... Surely I did miss stg .
Old June 30th, 2005, 11:16 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
PDF said:
BTW, how can one edit a campaign scen ? I can't find how to open the scenarios in the Campaign editor, and they don't show up in the Scen editor... Surely I did miss stg .
An end-user does not edit the scenarios in a UC, the UC designer edits the original constituent UC scenarios he has made for that UC on his PC in the scenario editor as usual. Then he builds a new version of the UC with the UC editor, and re-distibutes the package, should changes be required.

The campaign editor is for building campaigns (linking scenarios and the exit links etc, and importing and converting linked scenarios to campaign dat files) - it has nothing to do with editing or extracting individual scenarios. The scenarios to be linked must exist as scenarios on the designer's PC when he builds the UC.

What exactly are you trying to do with a UC?

Cheers
Andy
Old June 30th, 2005, 11:19 AM

Colonel

Pyros is on a distinguished road

Hi,

From what I know, you can't edit a campaign scenario.

The campaign designer converts the scenarios from his own hard disc to campaign files. So what you get are the campaign files.

cheers,
Pyros
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:53 PM

Private

WestKent5097 is on a distinguished road

I'm not very experienced with the editors but I was eager to play a certain campaign that some one had developed for SPMBT, and didn't want to wait for an "official" update just in case none was forthcoming.
I just took the individual campaign scenario files and copied them to the scenario folder, then renamed them as scenarios. Having checked for things like odd icons, blank weapons etc. I saved the scenarios again. Then I went to the relevant campaign in the editor and replaced the original scenarios with my "upgraded" scenarios, being careful to replicate the information on campaign threads and replacement points etc. in the editor.
I've played 1 and a bit scenarios in this campaign so far and haven't run into any problems yet and it plays exactly as the SPMBT one did so I think this may work.
The only downside is that in checking the scenarios it does reveal all the units but if you do enough checking/editing at one go you'll probably forget where units are.
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:22 PM

Colonel

PDF is on a distinguished road

Andy,
I was working on my "port" of a user SPMBT 3 campaign, and was trying to do as you suggested in my other thread, that is to check the OBs... But I'm not the designer of the campaign, I only have the campaign files themselves.
Anyway the port works fine "as is", just copying the files in the proper folders, the campaign also had custom OBs that are now a breeze to use
BTW what means "UC" ?