This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2
Notices

Old January 14th, 2007, 01:50 PM

Private

Kuklinovsky is on a distinguished road
Default Where are default Country Training/Morale points?

Hi!

In the Preferences Menu there is "Country Training" option which enabled sets game's default "Morale" points. I have found in the game manual that each country has its unique morale values but oddly I can't find them anywhere in the WinSPWW2 documentation. I am a quite interested in meeting them closely.

So, can you show me where they are stored or simply quote them here?
Old January 14th, 2007, 02:34 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where are default Country Training/Morale poin

They are right in the game displayed on the screen every time you buy a formation .

In between the display of the number of points you have and the number of points you have spent ( Force Value ) is this line....

"Base Experience: XX Moral:XX"

and those are the numbers the game uses as a starting point for assigning experience and moral to your units for whatever nation you have selected for that particular time period

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 14th, 2007, 02:37 PM

Corporal

Tiger_Reyth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where are default Country Training/Morale points?

Oooo, excellent point!

I, being a newbie, will be watching this post closely!

I would suppose that the other factor is force technology -- like quality of armor, arty, air etc. -- that would seem to be harder to quantify...

Although once we've determined the best morale/training countries we can compare key units that we're interested in and rank them because it will be easier once specific countries have been indentified...

* grabs popcorn and sits down to watch *

T_R
The Koenigstiger was the most powerful combat tank of World War II combining a powerful and effective gun with armor that was virtually impervious to any Allied tank or anti-tank gun. The result was battlefield history! -- George Parada
Old January 14th, 2007, 02:40 PM

Corporal

Tiger_Reyth is on a distinguished road

Great so how do these values relate to specific countries there brig??

* ducks *

T_R
The Koenigstiger was the most powerful combat tank of World War II combining a powerful and effective gun with armor that was virtually impervious to any Allied tank or anti-tank gun. The result was battlefield history! -- George Parada
Old January 14th, 2007, 02:55 PM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road

You'll see them after you've selected a country for a battle and start buying forces. They'll be different for each country and are likely to change depending on the time period you pick. So pick so nations at various dates and check the scores.
Those values will be the starting values where bonus scores from 'elite' units will be added to and where penalties for 'green' units will be substracted from. You'll see those penalties and bonus in each specific purchase screen for formations (most will have no bonus or penalty for either morale or experience). Try a scout formation, those usually have a small bonus.

Scores of 70/70 represent 'average' scores. Those are troops with adequate basic training and decent morale but without combat experience. A unit with 60 experience represents one with little or pretty bad training, 60 morale is getting a bit shaky. Troops with lower scores will be quite unreliable in combat.
From 75 points of experience onwards you can start considering troops be of higher quality, especially if they also have 70+ morale. If experience gets into the 80's or even 90's you've got 'elite' troops.

Higher experience and/or morale will make units more expensive, lower scores will make them cheaper.

Narwan
Old January 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Every nation has a different set of numbers. If you want to find out what they are pick a year and a nation and take a look. You can go through all 92 nations for whatever year you have set by going to the "Allies" button and picking the next nation on the list. When you are buying allies in a game you are buying their experience and moral. If you buy them as "captured" you are buying them with the main nations experience and moral. Both values may ( or may not ) change from decade to decade so don't assume what you see for 1956 is going to be the same as 1996

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old January 14th, 2007, 03:27 PM

Private

Thanks for information!

I have checked some nations and I am quite confused! Let's take 1944 values:

- "R" nation is set as Tito's partisans by default. Their base experience is 60. It is possible in respect of regular combat. But their morale fixed at 60 is completely inadequate! Yugoslavian partisans were fierce fighters. Many times their were able to defeat Nazi occupation forces even in regular battles.

- Polish morale is really funny! As we know there are two Polish armies in the game subordinated to Polish Government-in-exile (PSZ/AK) and Polish communists in USSR (LWP) respectively. Unfortunately I don't know why PSZ has morale 75 and LWP has 65 points. Eventually they are one nation units!
Old January 14th, 2007, 03:47 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

OK first to clarify

I've been back and forth between the two game forums so much today I forgot I was in the WW2 forum when I wrote this. In WinSPWW2 the moral and experiece is NOT done by decade but by year

Re Poland. NO not ONE nations units. One was a Polish army trained and fighting with the Western Armies in NW Europe and one was a force picked up and formed as the Russians moved through Poland. NOT the same at all

Don

Old January 14th, 2007, 04:39 PM

Private

Quote:
Re Poland. NO not ONE nations units. One was a Polish army trained and fighting with the Western Armies in NW Europe and one was a force picked up and formed as the Russians moved through Poland. NOT the same at all
If so, I suppose their "Base Experience" parameters should be different but both are identical: 70 points! But why their morale differs so considerably???
Old January 14th, 2007, 05:40 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yeah well, maybe we should reduce the LWP experience. It shouldn't be higher than Russia. Good catch

Don