.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old March 17th, 2005, 10:59 AM

First Lieutenant

Oversway is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another slugfest?

How does this sound?

Map Chandrea2
Zen's three mods

Indies 9
Magic Frequency 75
World Rich
Map Faerun(would need to get 17 players)
Research Very Difficult
Events Normal

I am wondering if a Rich World and High Gem frequency will counteract the Very Difficult research. Will troops become obsolete too fast? I'm not really sure?

It looks like Chandrea2 has a fair amount of water. If we have water nations, I would prefer we have both of them. I will take one if only one other person wants to switch.

Unless anyone has objections or changes, I'll start a new post for the game tomorrow (march 18th). Slugfest 3, right?
Old March 18th, 2005, 01:29 AM

Captain

Aku is on a distinguished road

I have been looking at the 3 zen mods (pretenders/spells/scales). Lets try them out all 3 of them no matter what settings or map we do.

I personally hope we do the Faerun map because it is a very nice map and AD&D players really appreciate it.

With 75 magice frequency probably everyone will have sages. So it probably will counteract very difficult research to make it seem like normal research maybe if you are focusing hardcore on research. But I rather have that because it is unfair how like one or two players get sages and nobody else does in every game. Or how one player always gets one of those uber sites and nobody else does. I think 75 frequency will make it more fair. Also we have lot of people who dislike hoarding and the 75 frequency will even out or actually outweigh extreme hoarding with a player that expands his empire instead of sitting there hoarding every turn like crazy.

The settings will make the game very interesting and the zen mods make for some fresh gameplay. I really hope we get the faerun map!
Old March 18th, 2005, 11:55 AM

First Lieutenant

Oversway is on a distinguished road

I started a new post "Slugfest 3"

Or is this 4? Let me know