.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > After Action Reports
Notices

Old November 14th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Alam Halfa Ridge

Turn 9

Enemy tanks still advancing along South edge. 500m from scout in this area. Scout moved out of the way of the oncoming train. Two additional tanks spotted stationary beyond advancing enemy.

Enemy tank concentration West of Northern objected now reported as a total of seven (3x Crusader III, 4x Valentine III). Still stationary.

Scouts report two tanks (2x Crusader III) near Southern objective.

Enemey infantry along axis of advance now reported as at least one company. One enemy squad fired on my advancing infantry, so the advance has been spotted.

Time to unlease h***!!!

Casualties

Friendly: Zero

Enemy: Zero
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:01 PM

Captain

Turn 10

All artillery, ATGs, 88s and MG-42s opened up. Some of my tanks fired as well.

Enemy infantry was engaged by MG-42s, some ATGs and artillery. All visible infantry either pinned, retreating or routed.

One enemy tank destroyed in Northern concentration by an ATG firing HEAT, one destroyed in advancing spoiling attack by an 88 and one damaged near Southern objective, again by an 88.

Counter battery against enemy 5.5in guns was widely scattered, so guns should still be in action. Fire will adjust next turn.

Casualties

Enemy: Two Crusader III tanks destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Captain

Turn 11

Enemy infantry hit hard by artillery. They exchanged some small arms file with my infantry as well. I lost a few men there. One scout blundered into some enemy infantry and took some casualties as well.

Two more Crusader IIIs were destroyed and a Valentine III was damaged.

Counter battery against enemy 5.5in guns was more on target this time, but results are unknown. I'll hit them a little more to make sure it is effective.

Scouts spotted one enemy Crusader III near middle objective.

Casualties

Friendly: Four

Enemy: Two Crusader III tanks destroyed, estimated 25 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM

Sergeant

Lt. Ketch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RERomine View Post
Turn 9

Time to unlease h***!!!
My favorite part of this game!

Great DAR! Keep it up!

Howard Tayer
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:29 PM

Captain

Turn 12

Another round of artillery on the enemy infantry. They are pulling back, so it wasn't as effective. Their infantry is taking fire from my artillery, infantry, MG-42s and StuGs.

Two 6pdr ATGs were located by my scouts 750m North of the bottom edge. Suppressive fire place on one which was attacked by one scout unit. Yes, they are suppose to recon, but they will also engage targets of opportunity.

Concentration of enemy tanks forward of Northern objective are just staying put and allowing themselves to be picked off. Scratch one more Crusader and Valentine.

Two additional Crusader III tanks seen near middle objective making the total three.

A third was seen near the Southern objective, but one was destroyed earlier and another was just eliminated.

The spoiling attack is losing steam before they even fire a shot. Another Crusader III and one Valentine III destroyed reducing it to three Valentines remaining. Three Crusaders 500m to their rear seem to be content watching their comrades in arms get blown to bits.

Counter battery continuing on 5.5in howitzers. Strangely, in a now target rich environment, the enemy off board stuff is staying quiet.

Screen prints of the main engagement areas at the beginning of turn 13 are attached.

Casualties

Friendly: Two

Enemy: Three Crusader III and two Valentine III tanks destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Alam Halfa Ridge - Turn 13.zip (484.5 KB, 172 views)
Old November 14th, 2008, 04:33 PM

Captain

Turn 13

Continuing to pressure enemy infantry in the middle. Resistance from the enemy is light. Still engaging with artillery, infantry, ATGs, StuGs and MG-42s. My infantry is leaving their MG-42 support behind and catching up with the scouts. The scouts have been holding position in the middle because of the enemy infantry presence. Scouts along the flanks are trying to move around to get a better view of the objectives. Friendly casualties were light while the enemy took moderate casualties. Two platoons of tanks are cautiously moving forward to provide support. There are still tank mounted 6pdrs out there, but those are screened by smoke of burning tanks right now.

The enemy 6pdr ATGs have been destroyed. One was taken out be a sweet 1750m shot from a StuG. First shot kill. A half strength scout took out the other one. I'm sure there are more around, but that's two I don't have to worry about.

One of the middle objective Crusader III tanks was destroyed by long range StuG fire. My StuGs had a good turn.

The spoiling attack is a but finished. Two Valentine III tanks were destroyed. Even the two of the Crusaders watching the destruction of the spoiling attack fell victim to long range fire. One Valentine III and one Crusader III are all that are visible in the South sector, except running crews. One platoon of my tanks have moved up to cover this flank. They won't advance too far until my scouts determine if more 6pdr ATGs are present.

Counter battery continuing on 5.5in howitzers, but it's wrapping up. Next turn, I'll move my SPAs. Visibility is high, but with the volume of smoke around, the move has a good chance of being hidden.

Enemy artillery finally woke up. An off-board 25pdr battery hit one of my 75mm ATGs, but no casualties have been reported. Mortar fire also targeted my StuGs, but they had moved so the fire was off the mark.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Three Crusader III and two Valentine III tanks destroyed, two 6pdr ATGs destroyed, estimated 20+ casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:08 PM

Captain

Turn 14

Enemy center appears to be collapsing. There was very little Resistance of by the enemy infantry. Surviving tanks from the North sector and near the middle objective did fire at my StuGs, but failed to hit. Friendly artillery was rough on the retreating enemy infantry again, but I'll have to cease fire soon to resupply the towed batteries. The SPAs are on the move to new firing locations. StuGs picked up the MG-42s to get them caught up with the advancing infantry.

The last tank of the enemy spoiling attack has been destroyed. Scouts advanced in the South sector and encountered no new enemy units. One last Crusader III remains stationary in the rear. It probably won't last long.

One more Crusader III was destroyed close to the middle objective.

Enemy artillery inflicted some casualties on my 75mm ATG. Other random artillery and mortar fire hit unoccupied desert. One enemy mortar has been sighted.

In general, enemy Resistance seems to be falling apart, but I believe there will be more closer to the objectives. There should be ATGs, AAA and more infantry. At this point, it's looking like the enemy has no air assets. If they did, they certainly would have showed up by now.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 10 casualties.

Enemy: One Crusader III and one Valentine III tanks destroyed, estimated 20 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:37 PM

Captain

Turn 15

StuGs now receiving fire from both the North and South sectors, but the enemy tank near the middle objective has been destroyed. They are even being engaged by a 3in mortar via direct fire. I will have to hold off moving them forward until one sector or the other gets cleared. Otherwise, they risk taking flank hits. The infantry continued to push the enemy infantry. They can't be allowed to rally. Enemy FOO encountered and destroyed.

Last known Crusader III destroyed in the North sector. Three Valentine IIIs with 2pdr guns remain.

Enemy artillery was more random this turn. No damage reported.

Last known enemy Crusader III in South sector damaged several times, but is still alive.

My SPAs continued with their relocation and my towed guns ceased fire.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 2 casualties.

Enemy: Two Crusader III tanks destroyed, estimated 10 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Captain

Turn 16

Two Valentine III tanks destroyed in North sector and one Crusader III destroyed in South sector, so the cross fire my StuGs faced has been eliminated. The pesky 3in mortar has also been destroyed. New threats have appeared, however. Two previously unseen Crusader III tanks have been seen South of the Southern objective and one 6pdr ATG and two Bofors opened up from around the middle objective. At 1250m, the Bofors will only mar the paint on the StuGs, but the 6pdr can kill them. It has to be dealt with. I have infantry about 400 meters from the ATG, so they will work on taking it out. In the meantime, the StuGs will reverse some to get to a safe ran and suppress the Bofors. Friendly infantry is within 600m of the middle objective, but the enemy gun emplacements have to be dealt with first.

North and South sectors showed no activity after the enemy tanks were destroyed. One Valentine III is still in the North sector, but hidden by smoke of it's burning comrades.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 2 casualties.

Enemy: Two Valentine III tanks and one Crusader III tank destroyed, one 3in mortar destroyed, estimated 5 casualties.
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:28 PM

Captain

Turn 17

Infantry continued to move forward and provided suppressive fire to the 6pdr ATG. They also fired on the Bofors. The StuGs joined in and finished both Bofors off. They then tossed the transmission in reverse and backed up to try to increase the distance between them and the 6pdr. There has to be more than one. A Crusader III-CS showed up and fired at the StuGs as well but had no effect. All that can be seen of the enemy infantry is their backs.

No artillery activity on either side.

Casualties

Enemy: Two 40mm Bofors destroyed, estimated 15 casualties.