Notices

Old March 30th, 2017, 04:42 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,687 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Campaign: Review Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves308 View Post
I don't have a save game handy, but I have seen this twice, with two different generated campaigns I am playing. Both campaigns were started under the old .EXE. I went through my entire force the second time I noticed it, and every unit was blank. But kike you have stated, a restart clears it up and I haven't noticed any long term issues, as the next round of the campaign starts and plays correctly. One campaign is with a stock OOB, the other time with a slightly modified OOB, so it looks like it happens with either type of OOB.

Are you still collecting saved games examples for this problem? If so, I can upload them the next time I notice it.

But I like the new patch, and this problem is very minor, no complaints from me at all ;^)

Steve

If, after you save at battles end and you see a blank screen then reload and STILL see a blank screen We really want one like this.......though it not a good thing at all and I don't think it will happen if you do see something that repeats zip that up and post it but even the two I have seen myself never repeat on re-load. We are thinking now it may be something stored in memory that clears away on a restart that is causing it but what that could be is a mystery we will try to solve

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:11 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Campaign: Review Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond69 View Post
I did experience the same "blackout". It was a generated campaign with winSPMBT that was started under the earlier version. But after I finished with repairs, etc. the review feature worked just fine, and hasn't come back. No idea! I just checked my finish of game save and everything worked fine. This is the same one that had the "blackout" the first time I looked at it.
I need some further info about this in MBT......you say it was a generated campaign with winSPMBT that was started under the earlier version but did you see the blackout then....with the earlier version or just with this latest one ??

It's important for where we start looking for this

Don

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 8th, 2017, 06:00 PM

Private

grond69 is on a distinguished road

I had the black out with the latest patch. Started that particular battle under the previous patch, finished with the latest one. Thats the only time I've seen the blackout.
The Following User Says Thank You to grond69 For This Useful Post:
Old April 9th, 2017, 07:10 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

If anyone else sees this as well while playing either game let us know please

Don

Old April 15th, 2017, 07:11 PM

Corporal

Warnevada is on a distinguished road

After working for several battles, the blank review screen came back. Save attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Review 2.ZIP (146.5 KB, 164 views)
Old April 15th, 2017, 07:16 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yes, we know it comes and goes and even if you do nothing but restart the game you will find it goes away. I have a save just like this and it's not repeatable so finding out where it's originating is going to be a challenge.

I loaded that one you just sent and it was OK....no blank screen.....it's a slippery one

Old April 16th, 2017, 12:29 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnevada View Post
After working for several battles, the blank review screen came back. Save attached.
I'm curious is anyone else tries loading this if they see a blank screen when they press review? The earlier one I tried did but then after a restart didn't and I have seen this twice in the campaign I am test running but on a restart, they don't show it again so some unique series of events initiated it but most times not but there are no other ill effects I have observed

The first save he posted does show problems with ranks but on a restart I just did does not show the blank screen but I HAVE seen this with my own so we acknowledge it happens but we are gathering more data to try to sort out why this happens in a seemingly random way

Old April 16th, 2017, 05:27 PM

Corporal

Warnevada is on a distinguished road

There may be a relationship between types of battles. The first instance went from a meeting engagement to an AI advance (it also went to a different version of the game), then there were a series of meeting engagements, which all worked fine, and now it went to another AI advance and the blank screen came back.
Old April 16th, 2017, 07:37 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

It's possible the change of version is what threw the SS ranks from OOB00 into the game as I have not seen it other than that one save but I will check next time I see an AI advance in my campaign .....that said, the save you posted works perfectly for me.......no blank screen at all.......I'm not saying it didn't happen to you because I HAVE seen it..just saying it works OK for me when I load it and review

Old April 16th, 2017, 08:41 PM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road

I saw no problems when reviewing units with Warnevada's save game.

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod