.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 9th, 2010, 08:34 AM

Sergeant

Nikelaos is on a distinguished road
Default Melita:The Cursed Cure (playable finally) V1.1

READY

My first ever mod is ready to be played.
Well I say "first mod" but I did do a little bit of work on the Dom3000 mod ages back. After returning back to the game I have decided to create my own mod, doing everything alone (except ideas I guess).

My vision for Melita is an EA nation based on the early people of Malta. A people who were advanced for their time, building what are now the oldest known free standing structures on earth. The Ggantija temples far predate even the pyramids.

other than personal knowledge (I was born in Malta...surprise surprise), the following link gave me ideas on how to set up the heirachy in the glorious land of Melita:

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/ar...altaskulls.htm

I also found another article which mentions Dwarf elephants and hippos on Malta (sadly now fossilized...I want a little hippo) which I am contemplating on how to add in, the article is:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...g4.html?cat=37

and looking back now at what I typed it really looks like a history lesson. All apologies but I'm really eager to hear advice and ideas. Malta isn't a country many people know much about, and the information in those links was new to me (a native)

As already mentioned, not yet playable, no where near playable. Just got the ideas (NOT ENOUGH!!!) and a few sprites (many more to be added probably).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Melita Preview.png
Views:	1091
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	10344

Sacreds are everything with the elongated serpent like heads, based of the description of supposed religious leaders from the first link. They recuperate from afflictions but have increased encumberence. The serpent-faced priests (shown kneeling) suffer more greatly from the painfull and encumbering effects of their protruding skulls = more encumberance (bad for nations best mage-priests, will be balanced by making them magically pretty awesome) aswell as map-move 1/low ap.

Magic mainly nature with earth, death, blood, with a little astral and fire. I don't want them too C'tissian so no water pick, and the only poison resitant troops are cap only sacreds, cap only to prevent use of C'tis' "poison everything" tactics in the midgame.

50% poison resistance to sacreds, 100% to the sacred commander with the discoloured skin and dual weapons(trained to withstand poison further perhaps, to become closer to the thematic serpetine goddess.)

Fanatics (bare chested with 2 axes and green markings painted on body) will be beserkers.

3 varieties of cheap chaff given just a shield, weapons used would be things they'd likely have at home (pitchfork, scythe, woodaxe). No armour

Edit: After 2 years, finally ready for release

EA Melita (2).rar

Names are in Maltese, pronounce x as sh, j as y, g as dz. Don't pronounce gh - its always silent.

To Do List:
-suitable graph colour
-improve flag (little rushed)
-balancing
-better descriptions
-some way to get Fanaktu to auto-berserk
-cheap, recruit everywhere blood hunter
-compatability with major mods (atleast CBM)
Attached Files
File Type: rar Ea Melita.rar (82.6 KB, 389 views)

Last edited by Nikelaos; August 8th, 2012 at 11:21 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nikelaos For This Useful Post: