World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPMBT
Notices

Old February 10th, 2011, 08:30 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,438 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default NEW gameoptions Beta test

Attached is the latest version of the fullscreen beta test that had been posted last December

I need a few people who are running the game using Win7 OR VISTA in fullscreen mode to act as beta testers for us

The attachment contains a new GameOptions.exe and a .cmd file that will emulate and expand on what NCrawler did with his fix but will allow players to start the game from GameOptions.

I would ask that anyone who takes the time to DL this please take the time to report back on how it worked for you.

You will need to do the following

1/ Ensure you have SHOW INTRODUCTION already set to NO with your existing GameOptions. That's the first line on the first page when it loads.

2/ Go to wherever you have your game installed and rename your existing GameOptions.EXE to XXGameOptions.EXE to ensure if this does not work you still have a copy of GameOptions that works.

3/ Extract the attached ZIP file to where ever you have the game installed. It needs to be extracted to the main winSPMBT folder that your existing GameOptions.exe is already in.

4/ Start up GameOptions then press PLAY WINSPMBT. If you are running the game fullscreen and the NCrawler fix solved your palette issues with fullscreen mode this should work as well. If not, let us know
Attached Files
File Type: zip NEW_fullscreenMODE_GameOptions_BETATEST.zip (319.3 KB, 146 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old February 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM

Sergeant

oragus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NEW gameoptions Beta test

Don,

I have the CD version of both WinSPMBTv5.0 and WinSPWW2v4.25. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I have them set for the classic fullscreen 640 x 480 Direct X. Started right up from the Game Options screen and closed done and reactivated explore.exe. Worked perfectly for me. I will continue to test it and if I come up with anything else I will report it.

Joe

PS. If you need any other things, just let me know. Testing, icons, whatever.

Last edited by oragus; February 10th, 2011 at 06:55 PM..
Old February 11th, 2011, 02:26 AM

Private

JamesG is on a distinguished road

Don,
I too have both CD versions and the NEW gameoptions file is working correctly now, where as the pervious version would not "Refire" explorer this version is working GREAT! Will let you know if anything pops up, I am running FULL screen at 1280x1024 on my 25.5" LCD, it's native is 1920x1200, but the setting I use gives me the best screen for text read ability. Will this also be coming out for WinSPWW2 soon?
-James
Old February 11th, 2011, 03:14 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
Don,
I too have both CD versions and the NEW gameoptions file is working correctly now, where as the pervious version would not "Refire" explorer this version is working GREAT! Will let you know if anything pops up, I am running FULL screen at 1280x1024 on my 25.5" LCD, it's native is 1920x1200, but the setting I use gives me the best screen for text read ability. Will this also be coming out for WinSPWW2 soon?
-James
Quote:
Will this also be coming out for WinSPWW2 soon?
Naturally.

Andy
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:09 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanks Guys, keep the feedback coming please. We invite anyone who normally runs windowed mode uing Vista or Win7 to give this a try as well IN FULLSCREEN MODE to increase the data we have to work with

Thanks again

Don
Old February 11th, 2011, 09:27 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Also, try showing the introduction on and off and let us know how both work for you

Don
Old February 12th, 2011, 01:59 AM

Private

JamesG is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
Also, try showing the introduction on and off and let us know how both work for you

Don
One vote here for working fine with and without showing of INTRO!
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesG For This Useful Post:
Old February 14th, 2011, 02:04 PM

Sergeant

reverend is on a distinguished road

Nope, doesn't work.
Fullscreen, the game takes up to a minute to start into the main menu, starting an actual battle takes more than that with extremely sluggish controls (talking a reaction time of 10-20 seconds per click).
Windowed to desktop size doesn't work at all, all I get is a small distorted game window across the middle third of one monitor instead of monitor-filling window. This has always been this way, I suppose the game simply can't cope with two monitors at different resolutions.

Old February 14th, 2011, 02:38 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend View Post
Nope, doesn't work.
Fullscreen, the game takes up to a minute to start into the main menu, starting an actual battle takes more than that with extremely sluggish controls (talking a reaction time of 10-20 seconds per click).
Windowed to desktop size doesn't work at all, all I get is a small distorted game window across the middle third of one monitor instead of monitor-filling window. This has always been this way, I suppose the game simply can't cope with two monitors at different resolutions.
You mention 2 monitors - a configuration not ever tested, to my knowledge. Nor is it likely to be anything the DirectX 5 or 6 based third-party WinVFX graphics engine would know of.

2 identical pixel-size monitors just might return a rectangle that works, but I have absolutely no idea what 2 differently sized ones would return.

Does it work properly on one (or other) monitor when the other is disconnected?. If so, it is working as developed and designed i.e. on a single monitor.

Cheers
Andy
Old February 15th, 2011, 03:23 AM

Sergeant

oragus is on a distinguished road

After further testing. Switching the intro screen on and off. No change, works as it should.

One thing I just picked up on. There seems to be a slight lag/delay on the sound corresponding with the graphics. For example, the weapon shot graphic, hits, misses, whichever, then the sounds plays, instead of both at the same time? Don't know if this is already known or something new?

Joe