.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 20th, 2020, 04:19 PM

Corporal

retiredgysgt is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for Maps of east Africa

The game defaults to North Africa when I play Brit versus Italian June 40 to Nov 41. Only found one East Africa Map in map directory. Well and a Sudan One.

Any ever make maps for east Africa? Want to play Brit colonials against the Italians.
Old April 20th, 2020, 05:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Looking for Maps of east Africa

When you set up the battle click on the View map button and at the top right of the screen that appears click on the "Change map ID" button
enter:

31 =East Africa
148 =Gallabat,East Africa It-India
153 =Sudan, East Africa Ind-It
155 =Cameron Ridge, East Africa
or
171 = Brit-Ital Kulkaber, East Africa

Note you get East Africa Batlocs more when you use India vs Italy after June 1940

If you think those maps are too green ( that will depend on what you had just fought previously without exiting the game ) then use the map generator ( middle button the bottom above "Edit Map" to change the "season" to desert and press the blue > button to redraw.......... when you are happy with what you see save with the Red up arrow button and you will be back to your battle set up

If you get one in the season you like on the first go press the top middle button and that will redraw the map for that battle location

Experiment. If you spend an hour or two experimenting with the map generator, you will learn how to always be able to generate a map you like for your battle quick and easy

One version of Batloc 148

ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND..... that the maps generated for any particular BATLOC can change depending on the Month, Year and both opponents used

This is Batloc 148 with China vs Japan in December

This is Batloc 148 Japan vs China with Savanna on in December

as well if you find a map and think " this is perfect but I'd like a village in the middle use EDIT MAPs to edit that map and use it in your battle.....

there are many tools in this game that I suspect are underused and this is one of them and it can be very powerful with practice

Batloc numbers can be found in a TXT file in Game Data / Design but also when you are in the map editor press HELP ( ? ) EDITOR HELP submenu they are all listed....but AGAIN...... the maps you get depend on who the opponents are and when

Try 183 for fun and play with tree level, grass level and field level

183 can be "interesting" for both the defender and attacker

183 as "Arid"

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 20th, 2020 at 07:00 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 20th, 2020, 05:25 PM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Looking for Maps of east Africa

I just started a British long campaign, with a mainly infantry force, and I was surprised to find that my 3rd game is in East Africa against the Italians, in July 1940. I also recently started a German long campaign with a mainly infantry force and I have had games against the Dutch and Yugoslavia, both of which I had never seen before. I wonder if my usual tank/mech heavy forces I had used in the past kept me to the main theaters? Are you using an infantry heavy force or a tank heavy one?

Steves308
Old April 20th, 2020, 05:30 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Could be he does but we have randoms piled on randoms so players don't get the same thing over and over

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 20th, 2020, 05:38 PM

Corporal

Steves308 is on a distinguished road

Well keep on with the randomness, it definitely keeps the game interesting and feeling new

Steves308
Old April 20th, 2020, 05:49 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Looking for Maps of east Africa

"Randoms" is what's kept SP popular for 1/4 of a century.... ( !! ) How many computer games can make that claim ??

Last edited by DRG; April 20th, 2020 at 05:58 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 20th, 2020, 08:26 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves308 View Post
I just started a British long campaign, with a mainly infantry force, and I was surprised to find that my 3rd game is in East Africa against the Italians, in July 1940. I also recently started a German long campaign with a mainly infantry force and I have had games against the Dutch and Yugoslavia, both of which I had never seen before. I wonder if my usual tank/mech heavy forces I had used in the past kept me to the main theaters? Are you using an infantry heavy force or a tank heavy one?

Steves308
12 to 18 armored Cars is what I usually have no armor. Mostly The Kings Regiment I think it is called with attached mortars and Guns. After November I will add in Indian Units as my support troops.
Old April 20th, 2020, 08:26 PM

Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
When you set up the battle click on the View map button and at the top right of the screen that appears click on the "Change map ID" button
enter:

31 =East Africa
148 =Gallabat,East Africa It-India
153 =Sudan, East Africa Ind-It
155 =Cameron Ridge, East Africa
or
171 = Brit-Ital Kulkaber, East Africa

Note you get East Africa Batlocs more when you use India vs Italy after June 1940

If you think those maps are too green ( that will depend on what you had just fought previously without exiting the game ) then use the map generator ( middle button the bottom above "Edit Map" to change the "season" to desert and press the blue > button to redraw.......... when you are happy with what you see save with the Red up arrow button and you will be back to your battle set up

If you get one in the season you like on the first go press the top middle button and that will redraw the map for that battle location

Experiment. If you spend an hour or two experimenting with the map generator, you will learn how to always be able to generate a map you like for your battle quick and easy

One version of Batloc 148

ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND..... that the maps generated for any particular BATLOC can change depending on the Month, Year and both opponents used

This is Batloc 148 with China vs Japan in December

This is Batloc 148 Japan vs China with Savanna on in December

as well if you find a map and think " this is perfect but I'd like a village in the middle use EDIT MAPs to edit that map and use it in your battle.....

there are many tools in this game that I suspect are underused and this is one of them and it can be very powerful with practice

Batloc numbers can be found in a TXT file in Game Data / Design but also when you are in the map editor press HELP ( ? ) EDITOR HELP submenu they are all listed....but AGAIN...... the maps you get depend on who the opponents are and when

Try 183 for fun and play with tree level, grass level and field level

183 can be "interesting" for both the defender and attacker

183 as "Arid"

Thanks that will help I tried the map generator in SPMBT a few times.