.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old June 13th, 2020, 08:08 AM

Private

MasterPiece3000 is on a distinguished road
Default Scenario 476

Scenario 476 lists Belgian Defend vs German Advance....in Sicily? Scenario loaded from list is USA vs German. Also, 47mm cannon in C1 Bunker for USA is using sound effects for MG, very unrealistic. Please rectify this sound effect problem promptly. Thank you, sir.
Old June 13th, 2020, 08:43 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Scenario 476

This is the beginning of Text file for Scenario 476 ......please show me where it " lists Belgian Defend vs German Advance"

Quote:
Sicily: Ponte Dirillo, 1400hrs*
Date: 10th July 1943*
Type: US vs. German meeting engagement*
Design: Marcin "SaS TrooP" Kaluza*
Also. That "Captured bunker" has a Garand listed as the first weapon, the 47mm listed as the second a 30 cal HMG as the third and a BAR as the fourth.

There is no 47mm ATG in the US OOB which means it came from the Italian OOB which means there has been some "creativity" in building this and it will take some time to investigate....... BUT..... when I load that scenario and Z fire with that unit beyond Rifle and BAR range I see and hear a single ATG shot and Sound F/X then a HMG shot and Sound F/X so I'm not seeing a problem.

Make sure your "Animation" in preference is set all the way up. Setting it low changes the number of animation and therefore sound effects that are given when the game is played

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; June 13th, 2020 at 09:00 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old June 13th, 2020, 10:37 PM

Sergeant

troopie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scenario 476

I think he may have had the wrong number. 276 is Belgium defend against German Advance.

troopie
Old June 14th, 2020, 07:57 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Default Re: Scenario 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by troopie View Post
I think he may have had the wrong number. 276 is Belgium defend against German Advance.

troopie
YEAH BUT.... 476 IS the scenario with the C1 Bunker on the USA side with the Italian the 47mm AT gun and when I tested 476 in the master game using Z fire that AT gun did not use the MG sound FX.

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old June 14th, 2020, 09:57 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Exclamation Re: Scenario 476

I *think* I have this figured out.

I checked the TXT file of that scenario from a copy of the game I have from 2017 and it reads.......

Quote:
Chabrehez*
Date: May 10, 1940*
Battle Location: Chabrehez, Ardennes region, Belgium*
Battle Type: Belgium defend vs Germany assault*
My master game does not show that. I checked the "virgin" copy of the game I keep to test patch installs. That one is the same as everyone's game that was patched to V13 and still has the old pre 2020 scenario format files in the scenarios folder. I left them in my test game deliberately for reasons just like this and it says the same thing BUT ONLY IN THE OLD FORMAT.... the V13 copy of the game using the new scenario format shows

Quote:

Sicily: Ponte Dirillo, 1400hrs*
Date: 10th July 1943*
Type: US vs. German meeting engagement*
The corrected text file is in V13 so the game he is playing is not V13 and he needs to install the latest patch.

.......FURTHER

Did some digging and in V13 scenario 0479 is Chabrehez 5/40... BUT it still reports being 476. I did some re-arranging when the new format was introduced to group the 4 Sicily scenarios together and that numbering change was missed ......BUT in V13 all the scenarios are corrected so we are back to he needs to install the latest patch and everything will be as it should be aside from scenario 0479 reporting 476 which is trivial

Last edited by DRG; June 14th, 2020 at 10:12 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: