.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Closed Thread

Old July 20th, 2019, 08:52 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,684 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Questions re Map editor

He's not doing anything that anyone can use. Changing the numbering of the Terrain tiles will bugger up any existing map/scenario/campaign as well as any generated battle. This will NOT actually winterize a summer map any more than painting "Ferrari" on your Fiat makes it a Ferrari. It's a complete waste of time and I am fed up explaining why and that is why the thread is now closed.....as I have said the game does not store the terrain info ( green grass or white snow ).. it stores which TERSHP was used and Ter00 is green grass and Ter10 is snow but only on the flats... hills are always a separate Ter file for terrain and there are at least 5 kinds of grass and they are all set up with one file for flats and another for hills so all those numbers I quoted are for the basic type....it takes 2 files to make each type work..more when you add in the types we use for fall maps and snow has 4 and 5 when rough terrain is added and they all use different numbers of tiles for the flats so switching one for another cannot work 100% and, as I said doing that will bugger up any existing map/scenario/campaign

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; July 20th, 2019 at 09:11 AM..
Closed Thread