.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Bronze- Save $9.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > The Camo Workshop > WinSPWW2 > Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps
Notices

Old April 4th, 2019, 01:47 AM

Private

prinzeugen is on a distinguished road
Default Villers-Bocage campaign

Very disappointed in Villers-Bocage campaign. Michael Wittmann is given low tank experience even though 100 tank kills are shown (should really be closer to 135). All the other tanks have 0 tank kills. None of this makes sense.
On top of that extra units are added for "playability".
So historical accuracy is just thrown out the window!
I have no problem with hypothetical scenarios. But a large part of the appeal of SPWW2 is historical accuracy. I don't understand why one would design a "historical" campaign with almost nothing historically accurate about it.
Old April 4th, 2019, 09:28 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Villers-Bocage campaign

I do not hope you would like to exchange your game against a can of Dr.Peppers now?

There are many other scenarios in the game, I hope you find something suitable. You can also create your own scenarios and customize them to your liking. In this forum you will find the rubric "Campaigns, Scenarios & Maps " there is much more to see.
Old April 4th, 2019, 10:08 AM

First Lieutenant

zovs66 is on a distinguished road

Sorry your disappointed in my Villers-Bocage Campaign. I created the scenarios based off of GMT's game Panzer and that was what I used for historical references to build those scenarios and campaigns. I designed and created the scenarios and campaigns to the best of my abilities and knowledge and used as I said GMT's Panzer data as the historical reference point.

Looking forward to seeing your Campaign with better historical data and design.

Hope others enjoyed that campaign and the scenarios.
Old April 4th, 2019, 12:31 PM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road

Not everybody like every campaign or scenario. A scenario that is not historically accurate might instead be very fun to play, so it really comes down to what you are looking for. If I may shamelessly self-plug, my Kharkov Scenario series is very historically accurate (1:1 maps from the venhola satellite data!), so maybe you will enjoy those more. With more than 200 new scenarios added, I am sure you will find one that fits you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ts4EVER For This Useful Post:
Old April 4th, 2019, 04:18 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzeugen View Post
Very disappointed in Villers-Bocage campaign. Michael Wittmann is given low tank experience even though 100 tank kills are shown (should really be closer to 135). All the other tanks have 0 tank kills. None of this makes sense.
On top of that extra units are added for "playability".
So historical accuracy is just thrown out the window!
I have no problem with hypothetical scenarios. But a large part of the appeal of SPWW2 is historical accuracy. I don't understand why one would design a "historical" campaign with almost nothing historically accurate about it.
Hi friend. You can modify the scenario if you think it is necessary for your liking. And maybe reach an agreement with the original creator of the scenario. There is a section in the forum called campaigns, scenarios and maps where you can discuss.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roman For This Useful Post:
Old April 6th, 2019, 04:15 AM

Private

prinzeugen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zovs66 View Post
Sorry your disappointed in my Villers-Bocage Campaign. I created the scenarios based off of GMT's game Panzer and that was what I used for historical references to build those scenarios and campaigns. I designed and created the scenarios and campaigns to the best of my abilities and knowledge and used as I said GMT's Panzer data as the historical reference point.

Looking forward to seeing your Campaign with better historical data and design.

Hope others enjoyed that campaign and the scenarios.
Funny you should say that... The scenario already exists. Scenario #53: Villers-Bocage by another designer... The unit you have is designated as "BO". It is designated "DO" in that scenario. Pl note the discrepancies concerning German tank experience, etc...
WinSPWW2 scenario #53 takes place on the same day with the same units.
If German tanks had been given the correct experience levels, etc, you would not have to add units for "playability".
Old April 6th, 2019, 06:12 AM

Corporal

anlubue is on a distinguished road

Actually, I should not open my loose mouth so much, because of military matters or actual events during the Second World War, I know nothing. I do not even know if the underpants of the soldiers have been gray or white. But I know what it's like to be criticized, even though you tried your best. Since one may feel right too helpless and hurt that is the reason why I give my unqualified comments again.

A person who gives me his precious time only for pleasing me, deserves someting better than to justify himself.

Regardless of what you might think of me Prinzeugen should you ever create a scenario for us others, then I'm grateful to you first of all. And if I think that my Panzer-As has not enough boom, then I'll just change it with my scenario editor without telling you.

Last edited by anlubue; April 6th, 2019 at 07:13 AM..