Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default WinSPMBT v14 Corrections

OOB# 13 USMC

Unit# 317 LCM-8 - Carry 254
Unit# 611 M1A1 Abrams - Load Cost 55
Unit# 642 M1A1(HA) Abrams - Load Cost 55
Unit# 643 M1A1(HA) MCBS - Load Cost 55

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old April 10th, 2020, 04:26 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,422 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: WinSPMBT v14 Corrections

WHY?

WHY make things over complicated.
By making the LCM-8 254 and those tanks 55 means in a beach assault that LC cannot carry those tanks. This is worthless micromanaging. What's next a request to add the MSL(V)which will just be the same Icon with a different name?

Every time I agree to requests like this it ends up biting ME in the a$$ somewhere down the road and I am fed up with it.

Open MOBHack and change your personal OOB if you really feel this is important to you

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
Old April 10th, 2020, 08:47 AM

Lieutenant General

Actually we already have the LCU which is a 255, and can in game, and real life, carry an M1A1.

You may not have noticed but all the vehicle weights and carry capacities in the OOB are set such what can carry X can, no heloborne M1's via CH-53 as ca be done with other OOBs.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
Old April 10th, 2020, 11:29 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Only a COMPLETE IDIOT would load a M1 into a Helicopter and if that COMPLETE IDIOT did so in the privacy of their own game then they are free to be a COMPLETE IDIOT while doing so, and if they think they are having fun then who am I to disagree? If on the other hand that COMPLETE IDIOT tried that trick in a PBEM .....say for example loading an T-90 into a Mi-26 then whoever they are playing against would also be a COMPLETE IDIOT for continuing

Adjusting dates by a single month or weights by a single-digit *may* somehow, someway be "more accurate"..........it's also a good sign of OCD rivet counting and as we have said ad nauseum....... MOBhack has been put into the game from DAY 1 so people can mod their own OOB's the way they want to and "tired of saying it" only begins to describe how both of us feel about this. We could have easily changed the code just enough that the original MOBHack Andy built could not be used with our OOBs and we keep MOBHack for in house development but we didn't. We have also said for anyone truly listening that our desire to further advance these games is waning rapidly and it's things like this that are just another straw on the camels back

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....

Last edited by DRG; April 10th, 2020 at 11:43 AM..
Old April 10th, 2020, 11:43 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: WinSPMBT v14 Corrections

The Russian Mi-26M has the largest lift capacity of any helo in the world. Dubbed "HALO" it has a lift capacity of 25,000Kg or 27.5577828 tons, therefore we should have no helicopters flying around with an MBT other then a "very" light tank at best.
http://www.military-today.com/helico...elicopters.htm
https://www.aircraftcompare.com/blog...y-helicopters/
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/t...rld-24549.html
http://www.helipress.net/schede-708-...icopters_video

DO NOT CONFUSE "TAKE OFF" weight versus "PAYLOAD/LOAD CAPICITY" weight, I should not have to define the difference between the two in this arena.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..
Old April 10th, 2020, 02:21 PM

Lieutenant General

you refer to the same "complete idiots" that buy nothing but snipers or the ones that necessitated the need for artillery overload I assume.

Old April 10th, 2020, 02:33 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Yeah.....why?

The game is Fantasy. Most battles fought never even remotely happened are we supposed to code this so people can't be ridiculous if they choose to be? It's a frigging GAME. If you want a military simulator that only allows real world possible combinations of arms then be my guest....get busy. Anyone wanting to push the boundaries CAN IF THEY CHOOSE TO. Once they DL it its's THEIR GAME to do with it as they choose...... as you can.

The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post:
Old April 14th, 2020, 04:23 PM

Lieutenant General

OOB# 13 USMC

Formation# 516 Rifle Sqd+(FT) - Unit#4 784, Unit#7 269
Formation# 517 Rifle Sqd(FT) - Unit#4 784, Unit#5 430, Unit#6 262

The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: