Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Momentum 3 - Finished - sansanjuan/Marverni and odeoderok/Ulm win! - Page 2 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:40 PM

Major General

Valerius is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Momentum 3 - EA, CBM/EDM, SC changes, weaker nations - Recruiting!

Right, I forgot to mention that the map is optional! I've had this around for a while from when I batch generated a lot of maps. I like the fact that the water breaks up the map but it's true that the starts aren't even. So let's take that off the table. Any suggestions for a 12-15 prov/player map? I liked the Threelake map from CF 2 (and you'll notice some similarities to the map I had in mind for here) but I think the middle starts were definitely not as good as the corner starts. I think Streamlands has worked well in CF 3, though it has a few more water provinces than I had in mind.

Zeldor and Squirrelloid, I'll reserve spots for you. Psycho, sorry to hear you won't be back for a possible sweep of the Momentum games. FWIW, I did learn from Momentum 2 that late game you really need a decent amount of time so I'm not going to try to keep 48 hour hosting throughout as I had planned to do there. FL, hope you join as well - I think I gave Aby a nice little boost.

Squirrelloid, I agree with you about WQs and thought about not giving them anything but the additional 10% regen doesn't actually matter much underwater since it is already so high - but it is a nice bonus if you want to bring the two aquatic ones on land, and I was hoping to make that more of an option for them. I also just realized there was no need to list recuperation since they already have it (and one already has darkvision). The sailing thing just seemed cool so I added it on last minute.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:46 PM

Major General

Also, I haven't posted the combined mod yet because I'll need the list of selected nations in order to set the tart summoning spells (and I also didn't add the banned sites yet since I remembered that at the last minute).
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:11 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

I actually like the earth cyclops, fwiw. I'd remove the Monstrum, since its the biggest let down. Maybe do what I did to it and give it a separate summons and clearmagic it. Because they make a fun troop but a really crappy commander (even with improved magic!).

Ulm: Order of the Black Rose - Reimagining MA Ulm

A more Sombre forum: http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?.act=idx. Now with more Maerlande.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:28 PM

Major General

I'm open to that if people prefer the E cyclops. If we go that route I'm thinking D4/5 casting requirement, maybe Conj. 7/8; not sure about gem cost or if HP should stay at the boosted level or go to CBM level (the former partly depends on the latter). I'd also reduce the slots again on the off chance they get GoRed.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:57 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

Valerius:

I think I can play anything that is not Agartha. Anyone wants to pick a nation for me?

I could win as Abysia again, but that'd be boring. I don't think their Warlocks need any boosts, they are good and with EDM you won't recruit many Anointeds.

TC is indeed too strong to be in the mix. Abysia may be too, with those nations and boost.

LA Agartha guide
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:00 PM

First Lieutenant

ghoul31 is on a distinguished road

Agartha
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:12 PM

Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
Valerius:

I think I can play anything that is not Agartha. Anyone wants to pick a nation for me?

I could win as Abysia again, but that'd be boring. I don't think their Warlocks need any boosts, they are good and with EDM you won't recruit many Anointeds.

TC is indeed too strong to be in the mix. Abysia may be too, with those nations and boost.
Hmm, if both you and Squirrelloid think TC is a problem I'll go ahead and remove them from the mix.

As far as Aby goes, maybe I'm underestimating them. I know you won with them ... but they seem so one dimensional to me. How about if I reduce the extra random to 25%?

Also, you asked for a random nation so I chose one: you will be playing Arco. Of course if you change your mind feel free to switch nations.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:29 PM

General

Zeldor is on a distinguished road

Sure, I can play Arco, unless someone really wants it All other nations [except Agartha] look fine enough. I can even play last unpicked one.

Abysia is not so one dimensional. Sure, big part of it is, but it's great at what it does. Burning Ones are one of the best sacreds around. Warlocks are great mages and give you blood and tough communions. And you get EDM for Zmeys, Ember Lords, etc. You can afford dormant rainbow with E9. And you get 120 free design points.

My game was a bit weird thougj, I had Ultimate Gateway and I was fighting Lanka with blood40 site for victory. So insane amounts of summons on both sides.

LA Agartha guide
Old August 22nd, 2010, 05:52 PM

Major General

Quote:
Sure, I can play Arco, unless someone really wants it All other nations [except Agartha] look fine enough. I can even play last unpicked one.
Well, ghoul31 rescued you from Agartha. So, if anyone reading this would like Arco let Zeldor know and we'll roll him a new nation.

Quote:
Warlocks are great mages and give you blood and tough communions.
I think this is part of the reason I have a bad impression of them: I compare them to the MA warlocks (one of my favorite mages in the game) and they seem so lacking. But I certainly don't want to eliminate OP nations and then create another one, so I'm changing that random to 25%.

What I'm trying to balance is that we have two blood nations in the game. Pan has expensive, but recruit everywhere, mages. Aby has cap only, but cheap, mages. I'd like them be evenly matched when it comes to blood magic capabilities (of course if only one is chosen this won't matter).
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:06 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

Nobody is playing Ermor? Then I'll grab them.