.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

BCT Commander- Save $8.00
winSPWW2- Save $5.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 21st, 2007, 07:13 PM

Private

Patriot is on a distinguished road
Default Tramplers attacking at the end of their movement

It's stated in the manual and I've read the answer on this forum how trampling units only attack units that are the same size or larger. So, in most cases, tramplers smush enemies even if they have an awesome weapon in their hand.

But, I was wondering if it would be wrong if, like lets say, elephants trample a square of units, then another square, and on the final movement, gore one unit?

It may be overpowered, and it may be messing with a tradition, but it feels weird when I give a gigantic hammer to a gigantic guy, and he says, "Thanks for the weapon, but I think I'll just hold it for decor and use my girth instead."

But really, it's not something that totally matters since I love this game the way it is. If there's any opinion, it'd be appreciated, a thematic or balance view and whatnot.

Thanks.
Old March 21st, 2007, 08:53 PM

Sergeant

Nick_K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tramplers attacking at the end of their moveme

I also think this would be a good change. The idea isn't new though - it's been around from the doms2 days.
I thought I recalled a thread from ages ago where it was mentioned that it was supposed to work like this and the current situation is a bug... but it's very possible that my memory is being faulty. I think if it was actually a bug then I'd have thought it'd be fixed by now.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:09 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tramplers attacking at the end of their moveme

I'd prefer tramplers to be able to use a weapon as well, so trampling was in effect just like a bonus attack.

If the devs added this in a patch, they'd have to make some balance changes of course, since minotaurs would be a lot more powerful.